Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:55:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

David Baddiel apologises for mistakenly criticising a celebrity instead of a pleb [split topic]

Started by colacentral, December 21, 2019, 05:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 26, 2021, 11:25:17 AM
Is holocaust denial rife in today's society?*

*I'm not denying holocaust denial
That it's even A Thing is troubling. The amount of delusion involved to actually deny the Holocaust is -

like -

you would have to believe the following people are all lying:

Survivors
Eyewitnesses from the British army
Eyewitnesses from the American army
Eyewitnesses from the Russian army
Eyewitnesses from the Hitler Youth (some of whom were forced by the Allied forces to clear bodies out of trains)
The Nazis who admitted their crimes at Nuremberg
The Nazis who admitted they knew what "the final solution to the Jewish question" meant

you would have to believe the following documents are all fake:

Photographs taken at extermination camps
Film footage taken at extermination camps
Nazi records of extermination camps detailing the people who were sent there, the personnel who were stationed there, and the supplies used there
Records of the German manufacturing companies who supplied the ovens and the Zyklon B

IT FUCKING HAPPENED, THERE'S NO DEBATE ABOUT WHETHER IT HAPPENED. Anybody who wants to "debate" it has an agenda.

idunnosomename

not to mention anyone that thought it didn't happen would have loved it to happen

chveik

KennyMonster

Quote from: king_tubby on January 26, 2021, 07:30:58 PM
(not the dolls)

I do remember him doing a bit on the MWHE about being beaten up twice, once for being Jewish and once for being a 'p*ki', to be fair to him.

Did these attacks happen to him in school?

If so then its probably OK and he forgave the attackers[nb]plenty of famous people went to his school[/nb].

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on January 26, 2021, 08:20:51 PM
That it's even A Thing is troubling. The amount of delusion involved to actually deny the Holocaust is -

like -

you would have to believe the following people are all lying:

Survivors
Eyewitnesses from the British army
Eyewitnesses from the American army
Eyewitnesses from the Russian army
Eyewitnesses from the Hitler Youth (some of whom were forced by the Allied forces to clear bodies out of trains)
The Nazis who admitted their crimes at Nuremberg
The Nazis who admitted they knew what "the final solution to the Jewish question" meant

you would have to believe the following documents are all fake:

Photographs taken at extermination camps
Film footage taken at extermination camps
Nazi records of extermination camps detailing the people who were sent there, the personnel who were stationed there, and the supplies used there
Records of the German manufacturing companies who supplied the ovens and the Zyklon B

IT FUCKING HAPPENED, THERE'S NO DEBATE ABOUT WHETHER IT HAPPENED. Anybody who wants to "debate" it has an agenda.

Exactly. You are either too far gone or faking the denial for nefarious ends, if you are a denier. Therefore, I would imagine it is a vanishingly small subsection of British society who are deniers - amplified on the evil that is Social media. Zero tolerance. Identify and get them treatment or punish them with community service (helping the Jewish elderly) would be society's best response (plus widespread education of all minority groups and historical struggles). As the famous Russian jew once said "simples".

JaDanketies

I question the wisdom of any mandatory re-education program. Especially nowadays, people hold all sorts of beliefs because they think they're edgy and forbidden. One of the most popular 'proofs' that holocaust deniers are on to something is the fact that holocaust denial is illegal in a bunch of countries. But I also hold the freedom to hold wrongheaded and hateful beliefs very dearly. I certainly worry that the alternative is state-approved beliefs.

C_Larence

I think more people question the numbers associated with the Holocaust, than deny that it happened outright, but the questioning could probably be considered a denial. One of the main arguments is something to do with smoke from the ovens or something, I'm not particularly interested in looking into it and falling down a rabbit hole.

BlodwynPig

"I'm not denying I killed that woman, but the number of stab wounds was considerably less than the 176 your so-called pathologist states"

jobotic

Remember when Gove's loathsome wife trolled us all by showing off his David Irving collection on twitter?