Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:41:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

David Baddiel apologises for mistakenly criticising a celebrity instead of a pleb [split topic]

Started by colacentral, December 21, 2019, 05:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewt

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: phantom_power on December 21, 2019, 10:52:42 PM
He's an intellectual though surely? He told us himself

It is pretty telling that he only apologised when he knew it was someone famous. As if making a shit bald joke about a pleb would be fair enough

Different breed, the famous

Ferris

dissolute ocelot

Ugh, his new show is called "Trolls: not the dolls", just in case you thought he'd spend 60 minutes doing funny voices with hairy pencil-toppers. Although the Timberlake-voiced freaks are not technically dolls, since a doll is specifically a model of a human, they're just toys.

DrGreggles

I was offered a free ticket to the Cambridge show on his tour, but turned it down.
Which is impressive considering the amount of shit I've sat through over the years because it was a freebie!

Also I'll be on holiday...

BlodwynPig

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on January 06, 2020, 10:49:47 AM
Ugh, his new show is called "Trolls: not the dolls", just in case you thought he'd spend 60 minutes doing funny voices with hairy pencil-toppers. Although the Timberlake-voiced freaks are not technically dolls, since a doll is specifically a model of a human, they're just toys.

do a show

"Trolls are not Dolls: Baddiel"

Icehaven

Quote from: lipsink on December 23, 2019, 10:17:02 PM
He didn't apologise to all the other tweets he slagged off did he? He's probably not learned much form this experience, I feel.

Never seen his standup but I remember he could be a nasty cunt on that Unscripted show he and Skinner did. Does anyone remember the time when an overweight woman in the audience said she enjoyed watching 'Cracker'? Baddiel then replied "As opposed to eating crackers?" Skinner looked a little shocked by it to be fair.

Quote from: hummingofevil on December 24, 2019, 08:06:29 PM
There was that "they don't call her Anne 'Cot-death' Diamond or him Roy 'Cancer' Castle do they?" when complaining about being referred to as Mary Whitehouse Experience's David Baddiel. Always been a cunt.

On the Live and In Pieces at Wembley video, when he says that bit about Anne Diamond a heckler shouts "Fat Fucker!!" at him, to which he sarcastically replies something like "What was that, fat fucker? Come on then Cindy fucking Crawford. Not so keen to stand up and show us your belly now are you?" So he's consistent at least.

Jockice

Quote from: Dewt on January 05, 2020, 11:01:12 PM
Still petrified that this means The Sundays are cunts.

The Sundays are cunts though. According to the very reliable source who is a bloke I was at school with who did some work for them. Then had extreme difficulty getting paid.

Allegedly. Of course.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: lipsink on December 23, 2019, 10:17:02 PM
He didn't apologise to all the other tweets he slagged off did he? He's probably not learned much form this experience, I feel.

Never seen his standup but I remember he could be a nasty cunt on that Unscripted show he and Skinner did. Does anyone remember the time when an overweight woman in the audience said she enjoyed watching 'Cracker'? Baddiel then replied "As opposed to eating crackers?" Skinner looked a little shocked by it to be fair.

I rewatched some of these shows a while ago, it my be the same women you describe, they had her up to be the secretary and ended up making her cry. I think that was where Baddiel kept being shitty about her weight while Skinner was obviously uncomfortable and tried to move on. I also seem to remember him going too far with a very busty woman they had up and Baddiel wouldn't stop going on about her tits, again, to Skinners embarrassment.

Fambo Number Mive

Dom Joly calling someone the c word who dares to criticise Baddiel in the replies.

poodlefaker

The Sundays are his mates aren't they? On his Desert Island Discs he had a song by his mates (the Sundays), a song by himself (Three Lions), a song he'd written for a musical that was never even produced, sung by another one of his mates, and a song by his daughter. And his luxury item was a full length mirror.

idunnosomename

I dont know how he can bear to listen to that Three Lions verse of his

Oh because he's a privileged narcissist

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: poodlefaker on January 06, 2020, 02:33:42 PM
The Sundays are his mates aren't they? On his Desert Island Discs he had a song by his mates (the Sundays), a song by himself (Three Lions), a song he'd written for a musical that was never even produced, sung by another one of his mates, and a song by his daughter. And his luxury item was a full length mirror.

Is there an island we can pack him off to?

idunnosomename

Thats all true except the luxury mirror (it was a foot massager)

His daughter singing Your Song was fuckin barforama

buttgammon

Quote from: poodlefaker on January 06, 2020, 02:33:42 PM

Another one for desolation there. How can such a has been be this self-obsessed? Any more narcissistic and he would be joining Linehan in the DSM.

Ray Travez

I sometimes wonder why narcissists are often some of the scruffiest people. Perhaps it's because in their minds they're so bloody wonderful, they don't need to make any kind of effort.

This has all made me question why I ever paid any attention to baddiel. He's not actually funny is he? Yet with every word he says, you realise just how much he bloody loves himself. Bye now.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Ray Travez on January 07, 2020, 11:47:59 AMThis has all made me question why I ever paid any attention to baddiel. He's not actually funny is he? Yet with every word he says, you realise just how much he bloody loves himself. Bye now.
Thinking of it, I reckon the funniest sketch he was involved with was in Fantasy Football, the one that ended with George Best smacking him in the face.

BlodwynPig

Its interesting how much air time the BBC have given him in the last year compared to previous recent years.

idunnosomename

If Frank Skinner publically called him a cunt hell never work with again his house would immediately collapse and he'd be sat naked in the ruins crying

phantom_power

If he isn't the thickest self-proclaimed intellectual around, I am struggling to think of who beats him

BlodwynPig

Jollity

I remembered "Three Lions" yesterday, and want to say that Ian Brodie, and all the people who sent that song to number one on three separate occasions should be condemned for the crime of encouraging David Baddiel to sing.

(Frank Skinner can't sing either, but he's better than Baddiel)

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 06, 2020, 12:19:44 PM
Dom Joly calling someone the c word who dares to criticise Baddiel in the replies.
Still, every single reply is rightfully calling Joly a deeply unfunny has-been, so that's quite nice.

Quote from: Thomas on January 05, 2020, 09:24:13 PM
Dom Joly stepping in there to defend DB from a critical tweeter. Hope he checked first to make sure they weren't famous.

The reply to him was good.

"Triggered? Not happy!"

Sony Walkman Prophecies

And these are mostly 50 year old men with kids and mortgages. The mind boggles.

Replies From View

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 07, 2020, 04:42:37 PM
Still, every single reply is rightfully calling Joly a deeply unfunny has-been, so that's quite nice.

That's stretching the concept of having-been, surely.