Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:21:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

XBOX 360, PS3 & Revolution - News & stuff

Started by InfiniteFury, April 07, 2005, 02:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, what will you be doing later this year

Buying an Xbox 360
24 (18.8%)
Waiting for the PS3
57 (44.5%)
Buying all of them because - well, if you have to ask, you can't afford it
22 (17.2%)
Waiting for the Revolution to come
25 (19.5%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Voting closed: May 18, 2005, 07:58:44 PM

InfiniteFury

What appears to be a teaser-site/alternative reality game has launched in relation to Xbox 2:

http://www.ourcolony.net

Password to get in by the way is play

I'm just trying to sort out a community name - the sites slow as heck

Jemble Fred

Can't find anything about Xbox 2 on there – where did you hear about this, is it kosher?

I only got in by entering the password as Play, by the way.

InfiniteFury

Kosher, it's a build-up to the E3 launch.

Hobo

InfiniteFury

Fuck me, can someone register a new community name for us before I tear my arse out?

I've tried CookdandBombd, Cabbers, CaB as a community name and it says they're taken.

The first puzzle anyway is:

LAST " " 0761537082

That number is a ISBN for a book about Microsoft's plans to dominate digital entertainment via Xbox. Can't solve the puzzle though - last speech? Last quote?

Solve it and you get a partial screenshot of the new controller apparently.

Hobo

InfiniteFury

I'm trying to register CookdandBombd but the server's knackered.

Also, we need a compulsory 200x200 avatar - where's the Burchill one, can someone post it?

Also the count-down at the top 35-xx is how many days until Xbox unveil the new machine (4 days before E3)

bill hicks

There's details in the new Edge if you can't be arsed, and screens etc. will appear on Gamespy et al soon too.

The specs look expensive.

Deadman97

Every colony name I try is taken, and I've tried some  ridiculous permutations. Anyone having any luck?

InfiniteFury

I've tried CookdandBombd, COOKDANDBOMBD, CABCABCABCAB
Cabbers, and god knows what else.

People don't hate us that much do they? :-)

This is annoying, I love a good puzzle and you'd think they'd have expected a bit of bandwidth useage wouldn't you?

Hobo

I've tried completely random number and letter combinations and it still said they were taken.

Deadman97

I've tried "T12Speechtool", "JessopJessop" and plenty of others, and can't get anywhere.

InfiniteFury

It says all fields must be filled in and I haven't tried an avatar. Where is the burchill avatar?

Macerate and Petrify

I'm part of the SomethingAwful one, I wouldn't ve too bothered if you can't join right now, i think the site is buckling under the stress of people.

InfiniteFury

Quote from: "Deadman97"Fuck it then.

My sentiments exactly - let's come back to this tomorrow afternoon when we're all bored at work.

Deadman97

Quote from: "InfiniteFury"My sentiments exactly - let's come back to this tomorrow afternoon when we're all bored at work.
Done!

InfiniteFury

We do need a 200 x 200 avatar though - anyone care to put one forward?

Deadman97

Quote from: "InfiniteFury"We do need a 200 x 200 avatar though - anyone care to put one forward?
Perhaps by tomorrow someone will have come up with Birchill (foul as that sounds)

Rubbish Monkey

InfiniteFury

Right then, once more with feeling.....

EDIT, Nope still fucked

InfiniteFury

BUMP

We're in - team name is COOKDANDBOMBD
Access number is 72887941

We need at least five people joining before it kicks off though.

Before what kicks off exactly? We appear to have 20 colonists now, but nothings happening.  

Is it actually a game? Or just a clever way to get details?

InfiniteFury

Nah, that number next to Colonists is just the points you've attained for your number of colonists - not the actual number of colonists itself.

I think we need one more dude and we get the first riddle which I know the answer to already fortunately.

Obvously this is just a viral marketing detail-harvesting excercise ifor the hype before Xbox 2 launch but, come on, this is Microsoft, they'll be good :-)

EDIT - we have two people, Devlin and Falafel

falafel

terminallyrelaxed

I don't understand!

So I put in play and it let me in, i clicked on 'your colony' and it showed me the coodandbombd score, but how did it know i was in that clan? Just because it was linked from here? And the forum seems to be full of people going 'whu?'...

VegaLA

Well I just joined... apparantly we have 50 members ?

mattc_187

me too .... now, what in the merry hell are you supposed to do with this thing ?

no_offenc