Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:58:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Have you ever managed to obtain a chaos emerald in real life?

Started by Replies From View, December 24, 2019, 06:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Have you ever been a spiky blue dog thing that collects holes in real life and managed to obtain a chaos emerald?

If so what did you do with the chaos emerald in the end?  Was it a bit like a Blue Peter badge where it's a nice thing to brag about but fucking useless outside of English Heritage cake sales?

popcorn

I actually did save up chaos emeralds for ages but I only got up to five and you need seven really, at least. Don't know where they are now actually, might have a look later.

Replies From View

Quote from: popcorn on December 24, 2019, 06:50:39 PM
I actually did save up chaos emeralds for ages but I only got up to five and you need seven really, at least. Don't know where they are now actually, might have a look later.

Was there any meaningful benefit to having them or were they merely a status symbol?

popcorn

Well yes as I explained, I was saving up. With a view to transforming into my super form.

popcorn

I'm a bit worried about where they are now - it would be a shame if they were to fall into the wrong hands.

Replies From View

Quote from: popcorn on December 24, 2019, 07:09:06 PM
Well yes as I explained, I was saving up. With a view to transforming into my super form.

Well that wasn't at all obvious from what you said.  What kind of "super form" was this?!

Alberon

popcorn

Quote from: Replies From View on December 24, 2019, 07:22:08 PM
Well that wasn't at all obvious from what you said.  What kind of "super form" was this?!

Really not sure - it was an idea I was quite into for a while and I did do some of the special stages. But it's just one of those things now. A shame in a way but I suppose I can always get back into it.

Replies From View

Quote from: popcorn on December 24, 2019, 07:32:54 PM
A shame in a way but I suppose I can always get back into it.

Yes I suppose it must be like getting good at Fimo in this regard.

popcorn

When you actually start reading about getting chaos emeralds, it sounds quite good at first, but even after you've got seven of them you still have to turn them into hyper emeralds if you want to get into your hyper form which is just fucking annoying.

Replies From View

Quote from: popcorn on December 24, 2019, 07:38:30 PM
When you actually start reading about getting chaos emeralds, it sounds quite good at first, but even after you've got seven of them you still have to turn them into hyper emeralds if you want to get into your hyper form which is just fucking annoying.

It does sound quite a bit of a palaver for such a small pay-off, yes.  Does the bureau de change still even convert to hyper emeralds?

idunnosomename