Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:59:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Panda Watch"

Started by hymen spaz, April 08, 2005, 09:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hymen spaz

Have been watching "the Anchor Man" with Will Ferrell repeatedly over the last 2 weeks. This is one of those films that has loads of lines that you end up repeating ad-infinitum to all the people who have seen the film, whilst completely fucking off anyone who hasn't seen it.

So come on, lets have your best most quoteable lines that still do the rounds in your group of friends.

"60 per cent of the time....... it works everytime" Brian Fantana (anchor man )Class.

Mr Skinnylegs

"'Scuse me while I whip this out" Blazing Saddles

"Wiiiiiiiilderness Girls!" Tim Curry in Loaded Weapon 1.

We continually say these at work for no good reason other than that they make us laugh.

Doctor Stamen

"It fits!  The damn thing fits!  And I thought there were no more spaces.  Man, am I an idiot or what?" (Lt. Mahoney - Police Academy)

Very useful when parking the car in a tight spot.

mikeyg27

You do realise that when the Arrested Development lot find this thread it's going to get hijacked very quickly?

"And I've got to go staple this to a seal"  (Gob)

"oh wait... YOUR WIFE IS DEAD!!!!" (Tobias)

Trust me, in context these are two of the funniest lines ever.
It has begun...

And from Anchorman, and the mouth of Ron Burgandy

"NEWS TEAM ASSEMBLE!"

ANd somehow this little gem of a line from Aliens manages to become relavant a remarkable amount of the time:

"They mostly come at night. Mostly."

Don't ask me how.

Macerate and Petrify

"Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg" (Gary Oldman in the Fifth Element)

The way he says it makes it fantastically quotable.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

"It's some kinda crazy money-rain!" (Family Guy)

"So..DAMN..HOT.........Milk was a bad choice." (Also Anchorman)

"Duffman is thrusting into the direction of the problem!" (Simpsons)

"I was shouting boo-urns!" (Hans Moleman, Simpsons)

"Everything's turned from gold into SHIT!" (Jez, Peep Show)

Due to being a 15 year old boy cunningly disguised in the body of a 30 year old woman I find myself mainly quoting from Clerks in everyday life;

'What do you mean there's no ice! I have to drink this coffee hot?'

'There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?'

'Try not to suck any dicks on your way to the parking lot!'

hymen spaz

Quote from: "mikeyg27"
ANd somehow this little gem of a line from Aliens manages to become relavant a remarkable amount of the time:

Don't ask me how.

because of that annoying way she moves her hair from her face afterwards. i wanted an alien to kill her.

"What a huge bitch" Deuce Bigalow

Jemble Fred

Don't ask me how.

Because of the repeated references in South Park, surely?

InfiniteFury

"That makes me a saaaaaaad Panda."

Can be used in any one of a million circumtances.

EDIT: Ooooh, spooky we both posted a SP reference at the same time.

butnut

Quote from: "mikeyg27"You do realise that when the Arrested Development lot find this thread it's going to get hijacked very quickly?

Hehe. I've been resisting this thread all day, but you've broken the seal.

"Beeeeeeeesssssss"
""Illusion," Michael. A "trick" is something a whore does for money... or candy!"
"No, I'm afraid I just blue myself."
"I've made a huge mistake"

Ahh, just spent 10 happy minutes here: http://the-op.com/ref/qe2.php?sort=rating

Right, on with the thread.

Mr Skinnylegs

"Ooooooh, Navy Seals!"

"Do you have that film with that guy who was in that movie that was out last year?"

"I'm not even supposed to be here!"

I love Clerks.

Got any balls down there?

Xander

Quote from: "butnut"

"Beeeeeeeesssssss"
"I've made a huge mistake"

Right, on with the thread.

As we've discussed, my friend and I use these. Along with "Hey Brother!" and  "Annyong". Also Larry David's "Preeeettty pretttyyyy" gets brought up every now and again. The only one we really do is the constant repetition of things, a la Seinfeld:

"What're you making?"
"I'm making soup"
"You're making soup? Why're you making soup?"
"I LIKE soup! Can I not like soup? You want some soup?"
"No, I don't want any soup"
"What's wrong with soup?"

Etc, etc. But with ANYTHING. We're not really funny, my friends and I...

Shoulders?-Stomach!

"Ron...you sound like a gaaaay."

grundie

"I'm sooooooo, soooooooooooooooooooooo soryyyyyyy" and "HAIRY JAPANESE BASTARDS!" Father Ted

"Bono Estente", "Infalaytion", Chriiiiiiiiiiiiis Waddle" and "Fullameatygoodness" The Fast Sow

"Ecky Thump" The Goodies

"Kinda Lingers" NTNOCN

And the next one isn't an original phrase, but its inspired by Vic and Bobs BBC ad:
"I'm off to Cleethorpes to watch the pan fighting"

Almost Yearly

"It's a fine line between clever and stupid"

Ciarán2

"I'd like a glass of cold gravy with a hair in it, please." (from "Head")

I sometimes say this when asked what I'm having to drink. Nobody has ever laughed.

Jimmy

Quote from: "grundie""I'm sooooooo, soooooooooooooooooooooo soryyyyyyy"

Heh, yes I too use that, and also "What's going on, I'm scared".

Not particularly one of my favourite films or anything like that, but I have been known to quote Boris? in Goldeneye "Yesssss I am invincible!!"

The shame of it.

mikeyg27

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"

Don't ask me how.

Because of the repeated references in South Park, surely?

Except even before I saw that South Park episode (which did I must admit ram the point home in my mind) it was obvious there was something funny about that line. Mostly I say in reference to friends / relatives / other people visiting. Mostly.

ThePreface

"Steeeeve Perry!"

And just about every other Psyche Out from BASEketball.

Just after Team America came out, we must have recited the entire script from BASEketball on a train from Wimbledon to Woking. All the time, I was being watched by a spooky man at the end of the carriage...

jimmy jazz

The old Morris genius... "You're wrong, and you're a grotesquely ugly freak"

mikeyg27

Quote from: "jimmy jazz"The old Morris genius... "You're wrong, and you're a grotesquely ugly freak"

Definitely, but I don't say it so much to people who haven't seen Brasseye now...

butnut

Guess what I just watched:

"You can't handle the truth!"

"Is anybody here a Marine Biologist?"

Shoulders?-Stomach!

If we're doing Morris quotes:

"Peter.....you've added nothing."

"SHE'S NOT A BABY ALAN, THE FONTEDEL WOULD'VE CLOSED UP!!!"

terminallyrelaxed

'Group of friends'?

<sobs>

Xander

Oh god, what do they call the baby that they've made into a fly? I know it's something great, but I can't rememeber which show it's from, nor can I be bothered to scour all of the shows to find out! Help!

EDIT: Episode 17 of his R1 shows, methinks. But I can't download it, for reasons I'll look into when I'm more awake.

"I want to be ON you"

"iiiiiiits me! Hooray!" - Lord Flashheart

"fill yer boots, pontiff" not from a film, from Viz (Pope, Dick and Harry). Not sure why it's funny.  Went to Rome, couldn't stop saying it, been saying ever since, especially this week.

butnut

Quote from: "Xander"Oh god, what do they call the baby that they've made into a fly? I know it's something great, but I can't rememeber which show it's from, nor can I be bothered to scour all of the shows to find out! Help!

EDIT: Episode 17 of his R1 shows, methinks. But I can't download it, for reasons I'll look into when I'm more awake.

Big spoon Baby Balloon?

phes

" I'd prefer a beer" - Dean Learner.