Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:53:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Watching Cool Runnings start to finish with stony faced loved ones

Started by ASFTSN, December 26, 2019, 09:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewt

Gesture towards the TV and say "just look at the loft ambitions of these chilly black men" to the TV. See if that livens things up.

Sebastian Cobb

We watched Uncle Buck yesterday. But now we're on A Mule for Sister Sarah.

Dewt

Glad not to be with my real family at Christmas, because I cannot have the conversation about Richard Curtis films not representing the absolute peak of morality again.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dewt on December 26, 2019, 09:13:40 PM
Glad not to be with my real family at Christmas, because I cannot have the conversation about Richard Curtis films not representing the absolute peak of morality again.

You can say that about John Hughes as well but at least for the most parts they are likeable and funny.

Yeah Ferris Bueller is a see you next Tuesday if you stop and think about it.

Harpo Speaks

Quote from: thecuriousorange on December 26, 2019, 10:54:12 PM
We're catching the end of Skyfall, aka the shit part.

Are you absolutely sure that it wasn't Home Alone that you'd turned over to? It's basically a shot-for-shot remake.

Dewt

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 26, 2019, 11:02:21 PM
You can say that about John Hughes as well but at least for the most parts they are likeable and funny.
Well, they don't make my skin crawl or contain any rapes. And it would take a lot to make me not love the ending of Planes, Trains

neveragain

Jim Bob

"Based on real life events", the emphasis on "based".  Good film though, Cool Runnings.  A Disney movie from a more civilised age.  Before the dark times.  Before the Empire.