Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:12:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Web comics [split topic]

Started by QDRPHNC, December 24, 2019, 08:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

idunnosomename

Reminder that Megatokyo is still going

Mister Six

Might have been featured earlier in the thread because it's quite old, but Jesus Christ.

Ferris

Quote from: Mister Six on December 26, 2019, 01:58:28 AM
Might have been featured earlier in the thread because it's quite old, but Jesus Christ.

desolation

Phil_A

Quote from: Mister Six on December 26, 2019, 01:58:28 AM

It came up in the Truly Pathetic Attempts At Humour thread, along with this belter:

alan nagsworth

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 24, 2019, 09:13:52 PM
Reminder that Megatokyo is still going

Wow, fuck, I used to read this shit all the time like 15 years ago. I cannot believe it's still going, and what's more I cannot believe leet speak still appears to be an integral fucking part of it. And there's still an active discussion forum, bloody hell.

First line on the "Story" page of the website:

QuoteThe story of MegaTokyo is long and complex.

Okay seeya

Mister Six

Quote from: Phil_A on December 27, 2019, 01:46:01 AM

I think that's hilarious, though. The non-sequetur punchline, the shit rendition of Kramer. I'm sure there's a mundane explanation, like Michael Richards hates French people or something, but that would ruin it for me.

Famous Mortimer

I like that one too. If it was all as odd as that, I'd be a fan (but I presume it isn't).

idunnosomename

Quote from: alan nagsworth on December 27, 2019, 03:15:44 PM
Wow, fuck, I used to read this shit all the time like 15 years ago. I cannot believe it's still going, and what's more I cannot believe leet speak still appears to be an integral fucking part of it. And there's still an active discussion forum, bloody hell.

First line on the "Story" page of the website:

Okay seeya
for like a decade he was too lazy to have any content on that tab

I suppose he is a somewhat decent draftsman? I seem to remember he originally worked for an architecture firm so that's why his settings and sense of space are pretty good, even if all his characters look the same. But it'd be even better if he like, inked his drawings and rubbed out all the pencil guidelines. amazing how it survives really, I suppose he has a slow-burning fanbase but he must have some other investments or something that keeps him on this weird little exclave of the early noughties web anime fandom like the lost world

also like like nearly two decades I think the story has covered about three weeks lol

idunnosomename

Quote from: Mister Six on December 27, 2019, 06:15:53 PM
I think that's hilarious, though. The non-sequetur punchline, the shit rendition of Kramer. I'm sure there's a mundane explanation, like Michael Richards hates French people or something, but that would ruin it for me.
their huge tits

Chriddof

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 14, 2020, 09:30:31 PM

It took me ages to work out what was happening in the second panel. I can see it's a snarling mouth now, but at first I thought it was some sort of abstract shape with a crack in it moving towards a wall (and a disconnected speech bubble).

Mister Six

I thought she was pointing at something with a weirdly scarred finger.

Also note the thumb clenched inside the fist. Tch. Girls!

Blumf

Quote from: Chriddof on January 14, 2020, 11:01:04 PM
It took me ages to work out what was happening in the second panel. I can see it's a snarling mouth now, but at first I thought it was some sort of abstract shape with a crack in it moving towards a wall (and a disconnected speech bubble).

Same here. Thought it was ChuChu Rocket! cat thing at first.

Philosophy based humour!!

http://existentialcomics.com/

idunnosomename

Quote from: Blumf on January 14, 2020, 11:26:31 PM
Same here. Thought it was ChuChu Rocket! cat thing at first.

help im trapped in the early 00s. must warn everyone... about a great evil that will emerge.

i mean. james corden. fat cunt

phantom_power

Quote from: Chriddof on January 14, 2020, 11:01:04 PM

I still can't see that as a snarling mouth, little help?

Egyptian Feast

The little squiggly lines on the right are clenched teeth, I think, if that helps.

phantom_power

What's the triangle in the top left? What is the vertical line?

Egyptian Feast

I think the triangle is her nose (or maybe just a nostril) and the vertical line is the side of her face.

Blumf

idunnosomename

N8 Dawg was truly a visionary of space, time and visceral human emotion in early 00s webcomics

PlanktonSideburns

Fuck me that three in a row was like having my soul punched in the face.

I get why people in the 2000s would make comics - it's dialup so no video

Why bother now tho?

chveik

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on January 15, 2020, 09:50:47 PM
I get why people in the 2000s would make comics - it's dialup so no video

Why bother now tho?

careful mate madhair is going to kick you in the cunt

edit: and rightly so

PlanktonSideburns

machotrouts

Quote from: phantom_power on January 15, 2020, 08:21:44 AM
I still can't see that as a snarling mouth, little help?

Does this help?

phantom_power

Yes, it helps me realise what a terrible drawing it is

idunnosomename

machotrouts wins CaB noughties keenspace cosplay competition because no one else is likely to enter in the next decade