Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:59:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrity Death List 2020

Started by Ian Drunken Smurf, December 29, 2019, 05:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paruses

Quote from: Jockice on April 24, 2020, 03:16:54 PM
Lynn Faulds Wood. The first famous person I ever interviewed. If she's to be remembered for anything, make it be that.

I think that's what she would want.

72. I know that's how time works but... 72!

Cerys

Quote from: Jockice on April 24, 2020, 03:16:54 PM
Lynn Faulds Wood. The first famous person I ever interviewed. If she's to be remembered for anything, make it be that.

We may now never know whether or not she could have been easily swallowed by a small child.

Ian Drunken Smurf

I had her on my list last year, but dropped her.

BlodwynPig

beanheadmcginty

Can someone please remind me where the standardised Lynn Faulds Wood impression originates? i.e. Saying the phrase "It's a potential death trap" in a Scottish accent. Early 90s sketch show I would think. Mary Whitehouse Experience?

Cerys

Ian Drunken Smurf

There was one about "lookylikeys" too.

I can remember the impression too, lookylikeys was French & Saunders so maybe that.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Jill Gascoine, former  missus to Alfred Molina and" Gentle Touch" and " C.A.T.S eyes " policelady actress has passed away after suffering from Alzheimer's Disease for the past 10 years. Marginally younger readers may have heard her being referenced in an episode of " Psychoville".

Jake Thingray

A tenuous link to comedy is that she was an understudy in One Over The EIght, starring Kenneth Williams and largely written by Peter Cook.

dissolute ocelot

There's a lot of videos on YouTube of Lynn Faulds Wood getting stuff shoved up her arse. May it rest in peace. And her.

Re Jill Gascoine, an even more tenuous connection to comedy is that she appeared in Confessions of a Pop Performer.

Quote from: Jake Thingray on April 29, 2020, 04:00:00 PM
A tenuous link to comedy is that she was an understudy in One Over The EIght, starring Kenneth Williams and largely written by Peter Cook.

easytarget

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on April 24, 2020, 10:19:45 PM
Can someone please remind me where the standardised Lynn Faulds Wood impression originates? i.e. Saying the phrase "It's a potential death trap" in a Scottish accent. Early 90s sketch show I would think. Mary Whitehouse Experience?

petril

[tag]and the potential death trap was... Showaddy. Waddy. they've got a good beat![/tag]

beanheadmcginty

Thank you easytarget. I can now safely think about other matters.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on April 29, 2020, 04:05:46 PM
There's a lot of videos on YouTube of Lynn Faulds Wood getting stuff shoved up her arse. May it rest in peace. And her.

Yeah, er, thanks for that.  And thanks Lynn.

Cerys

Does this mean that her arse was a deathtrap?  Why did Watchdog never warn the public about this?  All those poor children who could so easily have been protected!

Small Man Big Horse

Scrubs star Sam Lloyd has sadly passed away after a pretty brutal sounding fight with cancer. https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2020/05/02/46009/scrubs_actor_sam_lloyd_dies_at_56

Cerys

Shaky

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on April 29, 2020, 04:05:46 PM

Jesus. In fairness, I clicked on that and got exactly what it said on the tin. But still. Jesus.

Funny story - I googled around about her death and saw that she was married to Stapleton from 1977 to 2020. My first thought? "What a cunt to leave her just before she died."

Cerys

Maybe she left him!  Didn't think of that, did you?  Hmmm?

Shaky

Quote from: Cerys on May 07, 2020, 12:52:22 PM
Maybe she left him!  Didn't think of that, did you?  Hmmm?

God, that's even worse! What an awful man he must be.

Cerys

Nah, her brain was addled by morphine.  She was convinced he could be easily swallowed by a small child.

petril

Quote from: Cerys on May 07, 2020, 01:56:19 PM
Nah, her brain was addled by morphine.  She was convinced he could be easily swallowed by a small child.

it was actually hemispheres from two different people welded together

phantom_power

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 02, 2020, 02:55:16 PM
Scrubs star Sam Lloyd has sadly passed away after a pretty brutal sounding fight with cancer. https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2020/05/02/46009/scrubs_actor_sam_lloyd_dies_at_56

I don't know why but that one made me particularly sad

hamfist

Vegas pussy trainer Roy Horn, of Siegfried and Roy fame is no more. Bonus - it was the RONA what got him.

Gulftastic

Little Richard now. My second hit in a month

Malcy

Brilliant UK rapper Ty died from Coronavirus yesterday aged just 47.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52584834