Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:39:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrity Death List 2020

Started by Ian Drunken Smurf, December 29, 2019, 05:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Ian Drunken Smurf

Quote from: massive bereavement on January 03, 2020, 08:28:49 PM
The guy who used to present "John Craven's Newsround" circa 1980 when John wasn't available.
Paul McDowell?

Olivia Newton John
Uri Gellar
Josh Homme
Alex Trebek
Aaron Carter
Eddie Van Halen
Nichelle Nichols
Jimmy Carter
Wilford Brimley
Rupert Murdoch

This is my year, I can feel it.

The Lurker

Same list as last year for me, I was going to replace The Queen with Rolf Harris as I read that Harris' health is  pretty shit nowadays. Given that I've left him out that means he's definitely going to die this year.

Kirk Douglas
The Queen
Betty White
Lionel Blair
Ozzy Osbourne
Bill Cosby
Jimmy Carter
Vera Lynn
Paul Gascoigne
Julie Andrews

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: Sherringford Hovis on January 24, 2018, 02:27:27 AM

My 2018 list:
The fat bloke that wheezes at passers-by from the bench outside the ironmongers
Roy
Ivor
Maureen

I haven't heard of many of the people other CaBbers have listed, so I've gone with neighbours instead.

The fat bloke's name is Steven ("With a 'V'!" as he likes to remind people). I got to know him when the dodgy microwave managed to kill all the electrics in his sister-in-law's house. He prefers to sit outside the Post Office rather than the ironmongers now as there's more room to turn his new mobility scooter around.

Roy has lost loads of weight, has grown a beard and now looks like Getafix.

Ivor's got a new hip that's working so well he can keep up with a collie puppy across the village fields and is more limber in mounting stiles than I am.

Maureen has bagged herself a 68 year-old toy-boy 14 years her junior. Such a sweet couple.

Seems I don't know shit.

lebowskibukowski

Stirling Moss
Leslie Phillips
Honor Blackman
Just Fontaine
Brian Murphy
Betty White
Joe Dolce
Pele
Christopher Plummer
Monty Don

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

We have one of these at work. We're allowed three people each. I went for Morrissey, Lionel Blair and Gazza.

Alberon

Christopher Tolkien, son of JRR, has gone into the west at the age of 95.

Cerys

Since I don't think I've ever picked a single person who then died that year, I'm going to quit while I'm ahead.

Of course, this means that everyone will die.  Ah well.  We've all had a good innings.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Cerys on January 17, 2020, 02:34:50 PM
Since I don't think I've ever picked a single person who then died that year, I'm going to quit while I'm ahead.

Cerys

Cerys

You're going to look like an utter turd if I cark it, now.

Quote from: Harry Badger on January 17, 2020, 12:04:32 PM
Derek Fowlds folds.

I remember in History Man he was that clumsy academic or university official who falls off a table or stool he's standing on, in front of a roomful of people.

Blue Jam

Cerys

But coronavirus kills through imposing a nasty lung condition on its customers!  There's more to this than meets the teeth.  I think we should be told, etc.

Icehaven

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 12, 2020, 03:15:51 PM
Roux not-Joux:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-51856312

Lung condition. Not coronavirus.

I have today learned that Michel Roux Jnr is his nephew, not his son. Well I never.

SteveDave

Quote from: SteveDave on December 30, 2019, 11:00:43 AM
Prince Phillip
The Queen
Genesis P Orridge
Yoko Ono
Little Richard
Jerry Lee Lewis
David Attenborough
Michael Caine
Jack Nicholson
The despicable Miles Kane

BOOM! One down.

chveik

Cerys

Quote from: Cerys on January 17, 2020, 02:34:50 PM

Of course, this means that everyone will die.  Ah well.  We've all had a good innings.

Oh by all the gods, what have I done?!

Ambient Sheep

I guess the clue might be in the name of your avatar...

Cerys

My destiny was written in cobwebs on the airwaves when I was five.  There's no escaping that.

Blue Jam

This song by him is especially poignant. Just listen to the lyrics.

Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town

Blue Jam

Nowhere Man

I've got to be honest, I forgot who Kenny Rogers was when my wife told me that he died. So I started singing DANGER ZONE which evidently is actually by a Kenny of the Loggins persuasion. Then I started thinking about Kenny Loggins chicken Roasters, specifically the episode of Seinfeld related to it where Kramer goes mental for the stuff.

RIP chicken guy who didn't write Danger Zone, you were probably a great man.