Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:33:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrity Death List 2020

Started by Ian Drunken Smurf, December 29, 2019, 05:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

There's a Kenny Loggins Roasters gag in Archer. Our defunct Kenny Rogers Roasters in town is a Thai/Vietnamese place now, called DANGER ZONE Thai Vietnam or something like that.

touchingcloth

The president has died of Covid-19. The president of Santander bank in Portugal. Did anyone have him on their list?

Nowhere Man

Quote from: Dex Sawash on March 22, 2020, 11:37:45 AM
There's a Kenny Loggins Roasters gag in Archer. Our defunct Kenny Rogers Roasters in town is a Thai/Vietnamese place now, called DANGER ZONE Thai Vietnam or something like that.

I've just realised no one's made the 'oh my god, they killed Kenny!' joke yet. Or they probably have idk.

Archer's a great show, I really need to get back into it.

Quote from: Nowhere Man on March 22, 2020, 12:11:12 PM
I've just realised no one's made the 'oh my god, they killed Kenny!' joke yet. Or they probably have idk.

Quote from: Golden E. Pump on March 21, 2020, 03:04:20 PM
Oh my God, they killed Kenny!

You bastards.

Quote from: Nowhere Man on March 22, 2020, 11:28:57 AM
I've got to be honest, I forgot who Kenny Rogers was when my wife told me that he died. So I started singing DANGER ZONE which evidently is actually by a Kenny of the Loggins persuasion. Then I started thinking about Kenny Loggins chicken Roasters, specifically the episode of Seinfeld related to it where Kramer goes mental for the stuff.

RIP chicken guy who didn't write Danger Zone, you were probably a great man.

I mixed him up with Kris Kristofferson in Oscillations yesterday.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Jason Donovan. No idea why. Just feel like it's his time.

Norton Canes

Quote from: touchingcloth on March 22, 2020, 11:57:45 AM
The president has died of Covid-19. The president of Santander bank in Portugal. Did anyone have him on their list?

Shit. Let's hope it doesn't go Nationwide

phantom_power

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on January 04, 2020, 07:55:59 AM
I had to Google this, but can confirm that the bloke who used to sing for Bogshed * did* die, way back in 2006. Must have read about that at the time, then forgot all about it. So, I'd like to replace him with the bloke who used to play bass in The Shrubs.

Quote from: Lordofthefiles on January 04, 2020, 08:27:57 AM
Derek Acorah

One for the fuck my hat thread

Ruby, Don't Take Your Coronavirus To Town

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Nowhere Man on March 22, 2020, 12:11:12 PM

Archer's a great show, I really need to get back into it.

I used to love it an enormous amount but the last two seasons have been really patchy, the odd good episode but some really bland ones too, so I'd go in with low expectations if you do return to it.

Alberon

Actor David Collings has died at the age of 79.

He played Silver in Sapphire and Steel, in the BBC radio adaptation of Lord of the Rings he was Legolas. He did a couple of Doctor Whos and a Blake's 7 but he'll probably best be remembered as the title character voice in the BBC English dubbing of the Japanese series Monkey.

chveik

Albert Uderzo, cartoonist of Asterix. pretty sad

Alberon

Honor Blackman, of The Avengers[nb]The real Avengers, not that superhero nonsense.[/nb] fame and Pussy Galore in Goldfinger has died of natural (not Coronavirus) causes at the age of 94.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Looks like The Grim Reaper got the upper hand.

"That woman out of The Avengers has died. What's her name? Not Diana Rigg - it'll come to me."
"Honor Blackman?"
"No, on a motorbike."

Arlo Guthrie
Joe Biden
Donald Trump
George Lucas

And for my more out there pick, David Byrne

Gulftastic

Quote from: Gulftastic on January 03, 2020, 08:31:55 PM
For the fourth year running, here's my list of immortal bastards.

Richard O'Sullivan
Tim Brook Taylor
Little Richard
Sean Connery
Christopher Lloyd
Betty White
Lindsay Lohan
Ringo Starr
The Queen
Prince Phillip

And the one fate picks to give me my first point is Tim Brooke Taylor. Fuck you, Cv19.

Cerys

If Jennifer Ehle dies I am going to be a bit freaked out, given what I just dreamed.

steve98

Quote from: Alberon on March 23, 2020, 09:36:12 PM
Actor David Collings has died at the age of 79....  he'll probably best be remembered as the title character voice in the BBC English dubbing of the Japanese series Monkey.

No doubt.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I'm sorry, but Bill Oddie, John Cleese and MAD magazine's Al Jaffee are all going to go this year. It gives me no pleasure to make this announcement, but this is definitely going to happen.

Gulftastic

If he bites yer legs now, he's crawling out of his grave. Leeds United legend Norman Hunter has been taken by the CV19.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

If you're going for the zombie angle, " Norman Hunter Eats Yer Brains", Shirley?

Jockice

Lynn Faulds Wood. The first famous person I ever interviewed. If she's to be remembered for anything, make it be that.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

One last, valedictory use of " she must have really strong wrists" :'-(

petril

potential death traps will never be the same again

Harry Badger

IMAGINE IF THIS CARROT WAS A CHILD'S FINGER

BlodwynPig

QuoteIn late December 2016, Faulds Wood declined the offer of an MBE in the New Year Honours