Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:53:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

15 Storeys High

Started by sandpainter 1471z, December 29, 2019, 10:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benjaminos

Quote from: magval on January 18, 2020, 08:15:57 AM
is there such a thing as two litres
Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on January 15, 2020, 11:25:37 AM
Is there such a thing as two litres?

stop getting 15 storeys high wrong!

it's 'is there a thing such as two litres'

magval

I know. It hit me as I was driving to Craigavon.

jobotic

Haven't watched it in ages, despite having the DVD. When does Eldon appear?

the

Quote from: jobotic on January 18, 2020, 01:45:54 PMHaven't watched it in ages, despite having the DVD. When does Eldon appear?

He's the bloke trying to give up smoking in The Baby.

Sebastian Cobb

Someone on here was saying Benedict Wong said he was almost ready to jack in acting after being offered yet another one-dimensional 'stereotypical chinaman' role that sounded suspiciously like ant/dec in the Pheonix nights, then ended up being offered Errol, which is a nice turn up I suppose.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Yeah that was lucky, still remember seeing him on the poster for Doctor Strange a few years ago and thinking fuck me he's done alright

SpiderChrist

Bought the complete Series 1 & 2 from a charity shop about a year ago and then forgot about it. On the strength of this thread I watched all of Series 1 on Saturday. Fucking gold. Starting Series 2 tonight.

Sebastian Cobb

Hey, why don't you talk to me? Are you a racist?
No, I was just being ignorant!

The Lurker

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 18, 2020, 01:58:08 PM
Someone on here was saying Benedict Wong said he was almost ready to jack in acting after being offered yet another one-dimensional 'stereotypical chinaman' role that sounded suspiciously like ant/dec in the Pheonix nights, then ended up being offered Errol, which is a nice turn up I suppose.

It was indeed Phoenix Nights - sixth paragraph in: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/dec/13/benedict-wong-marco-polo-netflix

Brilliant show though and may give a rewatch after reading about it on here. Always enjoyed Vince's line the episode about The Plough: "I don't mind abuse, as long as it's accurate."

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Before Jodie Whittaker got the part, Wong was my personal choice for the next Doctor Who doctor. Cause obviously his recent career's shown that he's got the serious acting chops to give the role a decent bit of gravitas, but I could easily picture him doing the role's more eccentric, whimsical side in the style of Errol.

magval

Quote from: The Lurker on January 25, 2020, 09:17:02 AM

Brilliant show though and may give a rewatch after reading about it on here. Always enjoyed Vince's line the episode about The Plough: "I don't mind abuse, as long as it's accurate."

There's another similar scene where the kids are bullying Vince inaccurately, calling him bald, short, fat, just shooting off this list of comprehensively incorrect insults. Wonderful show.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

He is kind of bald though. Sean Lock is exactly bald enough for that joke to be funny, because it's just true enough to wind him up.

magval

Aye but don't they call him a slaphead or something like that?

Edit: It's egghead. The jibes about the bike, then 'bitch, slapper', ah I'm in hysterics, this scene is terrific.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94ZBgiEuYPU