Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:31:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Worst Acting in a Comedy Episode

Started by SteK, December 31, 2019, 12:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteK

Has to be the woman, I hesitate to use the term 'actress' or 'actor' as it now, who played Lord Farrow's wife in the 'Head' episode of Blackadder II. She's rubbish! It's a shame cos it's a great scene where he's 'bagged-up' getting where in the room she is wrong and turning, and then about to receive a BJ and 'Time's up!' 'No it isn't!!'....

Same goes for the kid who played Pitt the Younger in Blackadder The Third, he was not quite as bad but had this horrible adenoidal tone.

Been on a Blackadder bingewatch.....

yesitsme

Then you'll have seen the lad in The Black Adder, the sort of servant character, curly hair, big lad. Shite.

You'll need to go a long way to beat Noel Fielding's brother in TMB.  Arguably the worst human being ever.

DrGreggles

The bloke who says "Watch it!" near the end of The Comic Strip's 'Private Enterprise'.

SteK

Quote from: yesitsme on December 31, 2019, 12:48:42 PM
Then you'll have seen the lad in The Black Adder, the sort of servant character, curly hair, big lad. Shite.

You'll need to go a long way to beat Noel Fielding's brother in TMB.  Arguably the worst human being ever.

I know who you mean, but he's only in the first series I think, which I still don't like....

Never seen The Mighty Bush believe it or not!

mrfridge

The bloke playing Mark's personal trainer in this episode of Peep Show is absolutely appalling.

https://youtu.be/QrIM9IQoRS0

Urgh.

SteK

Quote from: mrfridge on December 31, 2019, 01:20:46 PM
The bloke playing Mark's personal trainer in this episode of Peep Show is absolutely appalling.

Urgh.

He is! And he's a fellow Boltonian.

Noodle Lizard

Psychoville is probably one of the best-cast shows I've seen ... except for the actor playing Robert (the dwarf), who would've seemed a bit hammy in a school play, and completely arses up most of the jokes that should've landed perfectly. As a result, that whole subplot is nearly unwatchable for me, but Daisy Haggard just about saves it.

neveragain

It's hard to find a good dwarf these days.

SteK

The guy who plays the Scotsman quibbling over 29p on his bill on Fawlty Towers was rubbish too.

SteK

Quote from: neveragain on December 31, 2019, 01:31:54 PM
It's hard to find a good dwarf these days.

Gervais and Kay have cornered the dwarf market.

Quote from: mrfridge on December 31, 2019, 01:20:46 PM

Urgh.

He seems ideal for this role. Could it depend on one's attitude to gyms? I would never set foot in one and this character is the Face of Gyms to me. Blandly handsome is always irritating as well. Anyway I've seen a lot worse.

Little guy with the turban in the Mighty Boosh is inept.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: thecuriousorange on December 31, 2019, 02:18:36 PM
Little guy with the turban in the Mighty Boosh is Noel Fielding's brother

I know you probably knew that,  but it does explain how he got the gig.

Jim Bob

The little fella with the funny lips who wears a turban in The Mighty Boosh.  I think he's actually Noel Fielding's Brother in real life.

Noel Fielding's brother on Great British Bake Off.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

SteK

coinneach

Britney Spears was pretty shit in How I Met Your Mother

Glebe

I have something rolling around in the back of my subconscious but I can't think what it is... mebbe a bit-player in an old OFAH episode or summit.

non capisco

Quote from: Glebe on December 31, 2019, 03:59:07 PM
I have something rolling around in the back of my subconscious but I can't think what it is... mebbe a bit-player in an old OFAH episode or summit.

I dunno about bit player, Glebe. I think Cassandra was in all of them from 1989 onwards.

Bennett Brauer

Similar thread not that long ago here https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,72902.0.html .

No one nominates Leslie Ash in Men Behaving Badly so it's probably just me.

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 31, 2019, 12:52:27 PM
The bloke who says "Watch it!" near the end of The Comic Strip's 'Private Enterprise'.

Looks like I agree with me from the old thread!

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 30, 2019, 03:17:16 PM
'Room service man' in The Comic Strip Presents... Private Enterprise:
https://youtu.be/RarEupWeyLQ?t=1836

At least it's memorable!

Sebastian Cobb

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Konki

Gavin and Stacey in Gavin and Stacey.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Polly Booth in " Fawlty Towers ", but only when she says " Oh, you dago dodo! ", and when she's telling off Basil after threatening her with never waitressing in Torquay again.

Convincing English accent, mind.

Clownbaby

There isn't a funny bone in Katherine Parkinson's body

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Clownbaby on December 31, 2019, 07:25:55 PM
There isn't a funny bone in Katherine Parkinson's body

Hammy actor rather than crap actor, though.

Clownbaby

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on December 31, 2019, 07:27:58 PM
Hammy actor rather than crap actor, though.

Nah I just think she's crap, if someone's in a comedy and they fail to be funny then they haven't acted well

Ray Travez

Daniel Simonsen in house of fools. I like how bad he is though.