Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:54:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Worst Acting in a Comedy Episode

Started by SteK, December 31, 2019, 12:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerzy Bondov

Gordon Ramsay also pops up in a late episode of New Girl playing himself and he's a bit better there but still not very good. Quite a funny conceit where he's meant to be cooking food for Zooey but he keeps eating it himself and saying how nice it is. I love New Girl. And I love/hate Gordon Ramsay.

Glebe

Don't wish to be mean putting down a long-gone bit-player, but when Leslie Dwyer, who played Mr. Partridge in Hi-De-Hi! passed away, the episode 'Who Killed Mr. Partridge' featured (Googles name) Ronnie Brody as a plumber who is quite obviously given lines that Mr. Partridge was originally meant to say, and he's not great to be fair. Among other things Brody popped up in two episodes of Terry and June, one of which, 'Pardon My Dust', features him hamming it up as a character who everyone keeps thinking had died but has just fallen asleep, like.

Quote from: George White on January 02, 2020, 11:06:49 AMThe new episode, the actress playing Peggy Piper the Pernod Poisoner, Sue Vincent, though she has a reasonable CV in British telly, was very OTT. Plus her accent kept slipping.

I caught the end of a repeat the other night. Her accent Wanders a bit, a bit of a generic Irish/almost-Norn Irish/anglo-Irish pikey/hint of Dublin melange.

jonbob

How has this got to 5 pages with no mention of johnny depp in the fast show?  That has to be some of the most uncomfortable cringe comedy moments ever seen

George White

Quote from: Glebe on January 08, 2020, 12:23:16 AM
Don't wish to be mean putting down a long-gone bit-player, but when Leslie Dwyer, who played Mr. Partridge in Hi-De-Hi! passed away, the episode 'Who Killed Mr. Partridge' featured (Googles name) Ronnie Brody as a plumber who is quite obviously given lines that Mr. Partridge was originally meant to say, and he's not great to be fair. Among other things Brody popped up in two episodes of Terry and June, one of which, 'Pardon My Dust', features him hamming it up as a character who everyone keeps thinking had died but has just fallen asleep, like.

I caught the end of a repeat the other night. Her accent Wanders a bit, a bit of a generic Irish/almost-Norn Irish/anglo-Irish pikey/hint of Dublin melange.
Yes, it sounded Anglo-Irish traveller, which seems to be a common trap.
Kate McKinnon in SNL, for example.

Wolf8312

Quote from: sandpainter 1471z on December 31, 2019, 02:15:32 PM
He seems ideal for this role. Could it depend on one's attitude to gyms? I would never set foot in one and this character is the Face of Gyms to me. Blandly handsome is always irritating as well. Anyway I've seen a lot worse.

Yeah, I tried hard to see what was so bad about his acting, but I honestly couldn't see it. I thought he came across as such people often do, a bit false, because at the end of the day, he's just doing a job, pretending to be matey without really being a mate.