Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:54:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Rooney returns

Started by king_tubby, January 01, 2020, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on March 26, 2020, 12:28:05 PM
Seems like Chris Woods was actually checking Archdeacon was ready first, in a "look, I'm doing this, you set?" kind of way. Nice to see ex-Man United right back Jimmy Nicholl on top form, too.

The only bad thing about it is that Mo Johnson didn't get trapped in the net. Forever.

No new page comment. I'm on strike.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Belarussian football returns tomorrow!

DrGreggles

Danger Man

All divisions below the National Leagues North and South are void for this season.

This will affect 32 teams that Blodwyn supports.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Danger Man on March 26, 2020, 04:59:49 PM
All divisions below the National Leagues North and South are void for this season.

Void eh.

Blyth Spartans and Bradford Park Avenue breath a sigh of relief (if they will still exist by September).

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Danger Man on March 26, 2020, 04:59:49 PM

Not really, Frickley outside chance of playoffs, Fisher in no-mans land...good news for the B-boys though as Shoulders pointed out

BlodwynPig

QuoteSome men's teams, such as Jersey Bulls and Vauxhall Motors, had already secured promotion to step five of the non-league pyramid, but their promotions will now be cancelled.

Jersey Bulls had won all 27 of their matches in the Combined Counties Football League Division One and were 20 points clear at the top.

chveik

I've watched Real v Barca 2005 on the site DrGreggles linked. it's a corker

bgmnts

We are talking the time of Raul, fat Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Guti? Good god.

Still, I prefer the nasty Clasico era where Sergio Ramos gets sent off, at least.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Why watch that when you can watch Torpey and Carruthers era Scunthorpe beating a below par Colchester United in an evening kickoff.

chveik

nah I can't have too much excitement.

Inspector Norse

They've put up S Korea v Italy from 2002, the game with the most hilarious bent ref ever.[nb]Fun Google revelations: The same ref who absolutely did not get paid off by S Korea, no way, was banned for 20 games in Ecuador a few years later, after a league match in which he awarded several suspect penalties and played 13 minutes of injury time allowing the home team to mount a remarkable comeback. He was then suspended again after going red-card crazy and retired for good.
He was last heard of getting arrested at JFK Airport with a healthy serving of smack stuffed down his kecks.[/nb]

BlodwynPig

NOBBY SOLANO ARRESTED IN PERU*

*Fined and told to stay at home

BlodwynPig

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 27, 2020, 03:03:18 PM
NOBBY SOLANO ARRESTED IN PERU*

*Fined and told to stay at home

Former Villa man! Though he's been naughty so would prefer "former Newcastle man" in this instance.

BlodwynPig

Naughty and Former Newcastle Man is a packed intersection in the Venn.

Ferris

"I did because I played for Newcastle!", screams Solano.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 26, 2020, 05:27:46 PM
Void eh.

Blyth Spartans and Bradford Park Avenue breath a sigh of relief (if they will still exist by September).

They certainly do. One of the lead items on the Pulse 2 news this morning.

Captain Z

Heads up that BBC Sport website and red button (I thought they'd shut that down?) are showing England vs Croatia from 2004 at 3pm today (Saturday).

Captain Z

Starting now in full 4:3 SD glory.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 28, 2020, 03:21:23 PM
https://youtu.be/p3FUYX6KGoE

oh great, I'd only seen the artsy documentary style highlights package on youtube

Jim Jordan
5 days ago
Unfortunately, this ends before the shoot-out finishes.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 30, 2020, 01:49:19 PM
22 years later, I'm still angry about this goal.

https://twitter.com/easyodds/status/1244559039758991361

Shambles of a keeper and defence, tbf.

However... your 2nd goal against us here is far worse comedy goalkeeping (Achtenberg I think).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtTrf9JAO9Q

finnquark

Abnormal Palm

They should just hand LFC the honorary title now. They have fully deserved it for their exploits over the last two seasons. Last year, they arguably deserved it more than anyone and it would be a disgrace if this crop of talented youngsters led by the Dortmund Dynamo never lifted the trophy due to a simple quirk of fate. Even if it doesn't go down in official records, surely a ceremony or at least a public acknowledgement would befit the achievements of this great side.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on March 30, 2020, 02:52:33 PM
They should just hand LFC the honorary title now. They have fully deserved it for their exploits over the last two seasons. Last year, they arguably deserved it more than anyone and it would be a disgrace if this crop of talented youngsters led by the Dortmund Dynamo never lifted the trophy due to a simple quirk of fate. Even if it doesn't go down in official records, surely a ceremony or at least a public acknowledgement would befit the achievements of this great side.

Nah, they were on the slide. I reckon financial irregularities would surface, 20 point deduction. They deserve nothing.

Captain Z

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on March 30, 2020, 02:52:33 PM

Should they also hand Bournemouth, Villa and Norwich an honorary relegation? In acknowledgement of how dreadfully shit they've been.