Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:01:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Rooney returns

Started by king_tubby, January 01, 2020, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 30, 2020, 03:02:41 PM
Nah, they were on the slide. I reckon financial irregularities would surface, 20 point deduction. They deserve nothing.

doped up with monkey glands too

Abnormal Palm

Quote from: Captain Z on March 30, 2020, 03:10:29 PM
Should they also hand Bournemouth, Villa and Norwich an honorary relegation? In acknowledgement of how dreadfully shit they've been.

Ying and yang as they say. A ceremonial relegation would be very fair and probably print a certificate but nothing in the annals.

Wonderful Butternut

Should they also hand Bournemouth, Villa and Norwich an honorary relegation? In acknowledgement of how dreadfully shit they've been.

Yes.

ollyboro

EOLAN

Quote from: ollyboro on March 30, 2020, 04:17:35 PM
Jack Grealish is a cunt.

Seems my nomination for Most Hated Sports Person has been vindicated.

phes

Don't know why anyone's fretting about what to about Liverpool when we'll be lucky if pub gardens are open by August, let alone football stadiums. Nobody wants to watch crowdless football, on their own. Just finish this season off on the second half of next season. I'm sure they'll all be fine in the interim, the lads

SpiderChrist

Unrelated to the current season, but has anyone here seen the Greavsie documentary on BT Sport?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: ollyboro on March 30, 2020, 04:17:35 PM
Jack Grealish is a cunt.

What has this ill-coiffured pupae done now.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteNobody wants to watch crowdless football, on their own

I would be happy to watch that in lieu of the next best thing.

ollyboro

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 30, 2020, 05:24:11 PM

Driving in inappropriate footwear. The full facts aren't known, but frankly I'm not interested in "facts". "Facts" just get in the way of a decent witch-hunt.

Ferris

I've thought about it objectively and decided this isn't the way to go.

Thursday

Relegate everyone for fairness.

imitationleather

Quote from: ollyboro on March 30, 2020, 05:40:59 PM
Driving in inappropriate footwear.

To Dundee barefoot?

Have some empathy. It's a tough time and some of us aren't as equipped to deal with pressure as others.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 30, 2020, 05:24:11 PM

Signal boosts the message that everyone stays inside and then proceed to crash his Range Rover whilst making a non essential trip to see a mate.

The Dumbest Footballer During the Coronovirus award has to go to James McClean, though. Uploads himself sitting down with his kids wearing a balaclava with the caption: "Today's School Lesson - History". Don't get me wrong, it's important that children know that the British are evil, but maybe don't post yourself doing it on social media as a joke whilst also complaining about the sectarian abuse you get.

BlodwynPig

One for Doomlord

QuoteNewcastle United have become the first Premier League club to place their non-playing staff on temporary leave because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Managing director Lee Charnley emailed staff on Monday to say the decision was taken to safeguard the club's future.

Please go the way of Bury! Heaton Stannington will step into the breach.

ollyboro

Quote from: imitationleather on March 30, 2020, 07:47:06 PM
To Dundee barefoot?

Have some empathy. It's a tough time and some of us aren't as equipped to deal with pressure as others.

Had the cunt been gorging on Toblerone, I would have cut him some slack.

Chollis

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 30, 2020, 08:27:00 PM
One for Doomlord

Please go the way of Bury! Heaton Stannington will step into the breach.

Spurs cutting non-playing staff wages too. Horrible little club.

phes

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on March 30, 2020, 08:05:45 PM
Signal boosts the message that everyone stays inside and then proceed to crash his Range Rover whilst making a non essential trip to see a mate.

The Dumbest Footballer During the Coronovirus award has to go to James McClean, though. Uploads himself sitting down with his kids wearing a balaclava with the caption: "Today's School Lesson - History". Don't get me wrong, it's important that children know that the British are evil, but maybe don't post yourself doing it on social media as a joke whilst also complaining about the sectarian abuse you get.

(Grealish hopes) that everyone can "move on" and be out "enjoying themselves once this has all boiled over"

BlodwynPig

Obligatory last day of March THRIKER!!!!!

GMTV

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52120578

Premier league clubs in moral vacuum. Its quite shocking that some clubs have almost immediately tried to get out of paying all their staff. Just highlights how empty all the moralising statements from the various facets of the 'football world' really are. As if it wasn't clear enough already.

Danger Man

Symbolic of the general nastiness of this country, not just football.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Danger Man on April 01, 2020, 02:14:52 PM

The moment where everything those 'shrill negative nellys' said would happen is happening but no chance to enjoy being right.

That the Premier League was a moral vacuum should have been obvious from the outset. But there have been people happy to coo at Defoe making friends with palliative care kids and Kane turning up for 10 minutes at a youth centre to sign his autograph accidentally on some potatoes to think it wasn't a vile money laundering price gouging cesspit.

C_Larence

It'll be interesting to see if any players step up. In America multiple NBA players have been paying staff's wages after the billionaire team owners refused.

phes

Quote from: Danger Man on April 01, 2020, 02:14:52 PM

Three quarters of a million people have volunteered to give their help at no little risk to themselves, so I'm not sure that much is true. I'm certain there will be much soul searching going on amongst football players and maybe if someone points the way we could see a similar response of sorts in coming days. And I largely agree with those negative Nellies. Premier League football as an industry is repulsive.

BlodwynPig

Here's some factoids the brighten your morning (from 101 Mind-blowing facts about Tranmere Rovers)

For Finnquark

QuoteIn a 1924 reserve game vs Altrincham at Prenton, Dixie Dean lost a testicle after being on the receiving end of a rough challenge...( Dixies wiki page adds the following - 'immediately following the challenge, a teammate rubbed the area to ease the pain, Dean then shouted, "don't rub 'em, count 'em!")

For Ferris

QuoteTranmere had a baseball team in the 1940s, and they played at Prenton Park.

Glyn

Quote from: phes on April 02, 2020, 07:21:49 AM
I'm certain there will be much soul searching going on amongst football players and maybe if someone points the way we could see a similar response of sorts in coming days. And I largely agree with those negative Nellies. Premier League football as an industry is repulsive.

Yep, I also would be surprised if the majority of players supported the sackings of low wage staff etc but Premier League clubs are deadeyed organisations set up to make money and many of them are behaving exactly to type.

It's probably only been picked up because there is a Welsh interest and not a lot of sport going on but the story about Ramsey and the wider Juventus team is a great example of what some players are doing at the moment :
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52076364

Ferris

Couldn't the players give up 2 weeks of salary and essentially keep all the other staff afloat for a year? At the prem level anyway

bgmnts

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 02, 2020, 03:59:12 PM
Couldn't the players give up 2 weeks of salary and essentially keep all the other staff afloat for a year? At the prem level anyway

No.

jobotic

Something rather off about Julian Knight calling anything a moral vacuum.

Ferris