Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:42:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Rooney returns

Started by king_tubby, January 01, 2020, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on April 08, 2020, 06:44:01 AM
This skullduggery and moral midgetry alone justify the decision to strip LFC of this season's trophy, which they haven't even won and given their recent poor form would arguably not have done.

I had a dream last night that they lost 3-0 to Brighton in a POST-COVID fixture. Definitely Leicester's or Man City's now after that result.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Enrico Palazzo on April 08, 2020, 12:33:20 PM
There's a Maradona series on Netflix too about his time in charge of a second division Mexican team. Only watched one episode so far but looks promising. Reminded me of the first series of Eastbound & Down.

I thought the 2nd series of Eastbound was in Mexico?

Ferris

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 08, 2020, 04:09:06 PM

Yeah it is, first season is in the US as far as I remember.

Enrico Palazzo

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 08, 2020, 04:09:06 PM

Ha, aye, it just reminded me of season 1 but that's a fair point.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Right, now on to the next set of cunts. Bankers next?

bgmnts

Why does literally everything anyone does feel like its been put together by a team of reprehensible wankers in Marketing?

DrGreggles

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 28, 2020, 03:06:52 PM
France Brazil 1986 or GTFO

Don't know if you already watched it, but FIFA have been putting high quality full versions of classic matches on their YouTube channel.
Brazil v France (Mexico 1986)

WARNING: Includes 'Motty'

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 09, 2020, 10:06:14 AM
Don't know if you already watched it, but FIFA have been putting high quality full versions of classic matches on their YouTube channel.
Brazil v France (Mexico 1986)

WARNING: Includes 'Motty'

That is appreciated. Work or this? Ah, its Easter week, it'll do no harm. cheers

BlodwynPig

Josimar hits the post with the penultimate penny - Motson says "great save by Bats". A couple of replays. Motty "great save by Bats"

State of that penalty spot though, and DICKHEAD REF

It seems my memories were not correct. After the assault on Rocheteau by Carlos that denied the goal, the ball was cleared by a defender rather than Rocheteau just failing to reach the ball for a goal before it went out of play.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Watched that earlier. It really was a great game. Much better sportsmanship overall. Even the keeper's foul wasn't any real attempt at bastardry, it was just a lame way of trying to effect something after being caught hopelessly out of position.

Tigana, Platini and Branco were great to watch. Socrates disappointing and Zico well past his best.

chveik

watching that sunderland doc. not sure I've ever heard of fans being mad as hell and booing their team because they lost a friendly game. are they just thick cunts or am I missing something?

chveik

I get it now.

nice to see former Guingamp player Didier Ndong. poor guy, he's experienced 3 relegations in a row.

Head Gardener

the great Luton Town player Raddy Antic has passed at 71

The Culture Bunker

Raddy's famous goal was a great football moment, topped by David "Night Cruiser" Pleat's jib across the Maine Road turf to hug Brian Horton - who would of course do his part in relegating Man City again 13 years later.

Peter Bonetti died recently too - a man whose legacy to most non-Chelsea fans was ruined by whatever Gordon Banks ate the night before the World Cup Quarter-Final. Still, Pele once described as one of the three best keepers in the world, along with Banks and Lev Yashin, which must have been nice for him.

DrGreggles

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on April 15, 2020, 08:24:42 PM
Raddy's famous goal was a great football moment, topped by David "Night Cruiser" Pleat's jib across the Maine Road turf to hug Brian Horton - who would of course do his part in relegating Man City again 13 years later.

Wasn't Alan Ball in charge then?

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 15, 2020, 08:47:06 PM
Wasn't Alan Ball in charge then?
Yeah, but Horton certainly did his part. I think they were kind of a plodding mid-table outfit when he took over, but he did some good work in turning them into relegation candidates for those two seasons before Ball finished the task. Great days.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on April 15, 2020, 08:24:42 PM

Pleat himself was in charge of Luton when they were relegated a few years before City. One of the first games I attended was this right scunting we gave them:

https://youtu.be/v5QZ_En8fQk

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Inspector Norse on April 16, 2020, 06:48:07 PM
Pleat himself was in charge of Luton when they were relegated a few years before City. One of the first games I attended was this right scunting we gave them:

https://youtu.be/v5QZ_En8fQk
They'd been saved a year earlier in part by former/subsequent Hatter Mick Harford nodding in an own goal while playing for Derby, who did get relegated.

Alex Ferguson tried to sign Harford for United at the tail end of the title tilt in 91/92, realising we were desperate for something different. Alas, it failed - and he tried again with Dion Dublin, who then had his leg broken by Eric Young. Thankfully, a certain Frenchman had made himself unpopular in Leeds...

Richard arrived here this morning giving me stick, he said my goodness what were you cooking last night? And I thought yep well I got
a fish extravaganza last night I made like a seafood bouillabaisse as they would call, you know what I'm talking about, so I did that last night, I'm smelling the result of it in the apartment at the moment I'm afraid.

finnquark

Since their emergency transmissions began, Keys has taken credit for the creation of the Premier League, the ousting of Fabio Capello as England boss, several campaigns for the Hillsborough victims, introducing social distancing to Qatar, the assassination of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and revolutionising sports' broadcasting.

Marner and Me

I never had Sky Sports growing up, but what I have seen of these pair is how they think they're legends. Tbf atleast AG played the game. Punditry is all wank anyway. I can see what is happening on the pitch. I don't need Jermaine Pennant with an iPad telling me why the left back is stood where he is.

ollyboro

Norman 'Bites The Dust' Hunter. RIP, you thug.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Marner and Me on April 17, 2020, 11:04:15 AM
Punditry is all wank anyway. I can see what is happening on the pitch. I don't need Jermaine Pennant with an iPad telling me why the left back is stood where he is.

I think there's a place for good punditry because you get insights into what's going on that aren't necessarily immediately visible and it helps you understand tactics and the sheer amount of detail and preparation that goes into top teams. I remember Thierry Henry talking at length about how Guardiola's Barcelona were set up and it being really eye-opening.

Unfortunately the reality of it is that most pundits are members of the Redknapp family and their friends, so all that goes out the window.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Norman Hunter, with a name like that you were destined to be an ugly violent bastard. Club legend rip