Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:02:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Rooney returns

Started by king_tubby, January 01, 2020, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinder Data

Quote from: king_tubby on May 18, 2020, 10:24:48 AM
'I see Celtic won again and will win the league by Christmas'

'Aye'

The only thing more boring than Scottish football is English football bores boring on about it.

Actually it was shaping up to be an interesting title race at New Year, after Rangers beat Celtic at Celtic Park and cut the gap to two points with a game in hand. But then Stevie G's men "fluffed their lines" in amusing circumstances.

I think I might be getting a ''Thing'' for surgical masks

Head Gardener

surgical masks on dolls is the next, next thing, apparently

Jockice

Quote from: Blinder Data on May 18, 2020, 11:16:35 AM
The only thing more boring than Scottish football is English football bores boring on about it.

Actually it was shaping up to be an interesting title race at New Year, after Rangers beat Celtic at Celtic Park and cut the gap to two points with a game in hand. But then Stevie G's men "fluffed their lines" in amusing circumstances.

Yeah, but don't forget that Leicester won the English one once, therefore absolutely anything can happen. Never mind that it was probably the biggest freak result in the entire history of sport.  I was just about to put a fiver on the Blades overtaking Liverpool when the games got stopped as well.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Head Gardener on May 18, 2020, 11:06:01 AM

FC Seoul apologises for 'sex dolls' in stands : https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52702075

What a strange mistake to make. Aren't mannequin style sex dolls (as opposed to blow up ones), even crap ones, somewhat expensive?

holyzombiejesus

As sad as the Luke Chadwick story is and as decent as it is of Hancock to come out and apologise, surely the real story is this screenshot of Hancock taken during the interview on BBC news this morning.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 18, 2020, 12:20:53 PM
As sad as the Luke Chadwick story is and as decent as it is of Hancock to come out and apologise, surely the real story is this screenshot of Hancock taken during the interview on BBC news this morning.

Why is he living in a grow room?

Blinder Data

9 in a row confirmed for Celtic. Damp squib obvs but they all count.

The Culture Bunker

Might be the picture quality, but it looks like Nick Hancock is going for a retro Bobby Charlton/Ralph Coates number atop there.

Jockice

Quote from: Blinder Data on May 18, 2020, 12:52:02 PM
9 in a row confirmed for Celtic. Damp squib obvs but they all count.

It's certainly got me smiling.

I'm putting him in the Celeb Reekers thread - What IS that smell

BlodwynPig

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 18, 2020, 12:53:48 PM
I'm putting him in the Celeb Reekers thread - What IS that smell

Pickled monster munch

Fr.Bigley

bgmnts

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 18, 2020, 08:35:37 AM
I actually don't miss football on any level, I've realised.

Indeed.

monkfromhavana

Ex-Swindon, Portsmouth & Celtic player Simon Ferry does some cracking long interview with ex-players / current managers on his Youtube channel. They're predominantly Scottish football-based, but most of the people he interviews have played in England and are pretty well known. It's the kind of warts-and-all interviews that you never get on any mainstream football interviews.

Clint Hill has some cracking Neil Warnock stories, and well as speaking very frankly about the disastrous QPR seasons under Hughes & Redknapp. Basically they stayed up because all the players hated Mark Hughes and his monotone aloofness. Jose Bosingwa being an utter bellend, the fact that long term Redknapp assistant Joe Jordan and Kevin Bond actually hated each other. Julio Cesar advising Shaun Derry on his commute to work "Why not just buy a helicopter?" etc.

I've watched half a dozen and there are very few duds so far (Frank McAvennie basically). They can all err towards "Wahey footie lads" and casual violence, but....that's what the players are.

Anyway, here's the Clint Hill one I'm watching, the others will be on the sidebar - Seems to be about 40 of them so far
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bccZCHr-fI

Ooh, like the sound of this, as long as the Neil Warnock stories are about his decent into angry madness. Never liked Mark Hughes either, does anyone?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Half an hour in and they're already at Hill's Palace days. What the fuck do they spend the next 90 mins talking about?

And yes it is annoyingly BANTERLADZ. Who would have thought going for a beer could be so fun?

I will never be able to remove the image of a naked Neil Warnock berating his squad from my mind.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 18, 2020, 07:15:40 PM
Half an hour in and they're already at Hill's Palace days. What the fuck do they spend the next 90 mins talking about?

And yes it is annoyingly BANTERLADZ. Who would have thought going for a beer could be so fun?

I will never be able to remove the image of a naked Neil Warnock berating his squad from my mind.

😀😀😀😀

Thought the same about Hill wndmilling his way into Cisse. Try that shit with Shittu and hes dead.

phes

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 18, 2020, 05:27:42 PM
Ooh, like the sound of this, as long as the Neil Warnock stories are about his decent into angry madness. Never liked Mark Hughes either, does anyone?

How does the most dour man on the planet motivate his teams to be so average? It's beyond me

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: phes on May 18, 2020, 08:31:04 PM
How does the most dour man on the planet motivate his teams to be so average? It's beyond me

Hughes would have had more success if he donned the outfit he wore while playing Philip of Burgundy in the Blackadder episode "The Black Seal".

So many Liverpool fans here now. It's almost as though we're a winning side again...

Does Eis Nein still haunt these parts?

Uncle TechTip

Comedian, broadcaster and pension adviser Nick Hancock said today...

A lesson for Baddiel, i suppose.

kalowski

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on May 19, 2020, 01:33:01 AM
Comedian, broadcaster and pension adviser Nick Hancock said today...

A lesson for Baddiel, i suppose.
Yes, agreed.

imitationleather

When my missus saw me watching the interview out of the corner of her eye she asked why I was watching a news report about Captain Tom...

Inspector Norse

Hull City have BRAVELY SPOKEN OUT against pressure to restart and said they think the season should be voided.

COMPLETELY UNRELATED FACT HERE but I notice that Hull City are 21st in the Championship, two points clear of relegation, without a win since January.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Been tricky picking up points in the last 2 months mind.

BlodwynPig