Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:14:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Rooney returns

Started by king_tubby, January 01, 2020, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnquark

Keys and Gray joined by Rod Stewart today. Top quality content.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Tan contest

Choo choo trains

Bigotry

BlodwynPig

I don't think I'm wrong in thinking that this man is more pointless than all of us on this forum? Mr. Beige Du Nothing

QuoteHe said the money clubs made from licensing their names and logos was "very significant" and "the products and services that are licensed by the claimant benefit from an association with the club's winning culture and its brand values".

Quote from: Norton Canes on May 22, 2020, 08:10:33 AM
A method Norwich City have been trialling for some time

"Let's be avin' you..."

Is there a reason we are giving the apparently successful restart to the Bundesliga a relatively free pass?

Did anyone participate in play-by-mail football management games in the 90s?

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on May 23, 2020, 09:50:38 PM
Yep. I forget which ones, though. I was only 13 or so, and it caused my poor mam some worry when grown men were ringing up asking for me to make a "trade".

DrGreggles

That's what Sky Sports have been showing for the last 2 months.

notjosh

I had the official Fantasy Football board game, which involved lots of cards and lists and random results generators. None of my friends or family interested of course, so I played exclusively against myself.

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on May 23, 2020, 10:47:24 PM
Yep. I forget which ones, though. I was only 13 or so, and it caused my poor mam some worry when grown men were ringing up asking for me to make a "trade".

I was manager of Sparta Prague and remember calling up someone to enquire about a couple of Middleborough players. It was funny that you had to phone people to negotiate transfers, and then rely on the person also completing the paperwork on time. I think I got duped out of one transfer deal.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on May 24, 2020, 01:35:25 PM
I was manager of Sparta Prague and remember calling up someone to enquire about a couple of Middleborough players. It was funny that you had to phone people to negotiate transfers, and then rely on the person also completing the paperwork on time. I think I got duped out of one transfer deal.

this sounds bonkers

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on May 24, 2020, 01:35:25 PM
I remember I was Newcastle in one, with Franz Carr as the only decent player I had, which dates it. The experience was kind of empty once I finally got my hands on Champ Manager '93.

chveik

I have to admit that Bvb v Bayern is pretty tasty

imitationleather

Dortmund are going to regret not scoring loads in the first half the useless sacks of shit.

imitationleather

The increased number of substitutions makes it feel like a friendly though.

chveik

well this is a bit shit. they can end the season now

BlodwynPig

Quote from: chveik on May 26, 2020, 07:22:34 PM
well this is a bit shit. they can end the season now

Should have done that months ago ;)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Fuck sake

Predictable and depressing. Trust Bayern to suck even the tiniest remnant of intrigue from a contest.

Ooh Emre Can ❤❤❤ Did anyone see his goal of the season on his debut? Slick black hair, A1 body and a face to match

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 26, 2020, 07:55:06 PM
Ooh Emre Can ❤❤❤ Did anyone see his goal of the season on his debut? Slick black hair, A1 body and a face to match

Inconsistent over-rated player who isn't fit to lace Jordan Henderson's boots.

Agreed on all points but hes very pretty. Oh by the way we call Hendo The English Pirlo round our house.

ollyboro

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 26, 2020, 09:20:39 PM
Agreed on all points but hes very pretty. Oh by the way we call Hendo The English Pirlo round our house.

We call him The Thick Mackem Cunt both in and round our house. Possible to be both, I suppose.

I'm not quite so tribal, as you heathens.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: ollyboro on May 26, 2020, 09:40:49 PM
We call him The Thick Mackem Cunt both in and round our house. Possible to be both, I suppose.

He learnt it all during his spell at Coventry. Could have bought him for a million, but SISU said no (and Ray Ranson then left).

Unanimous vote by EPL clubs to restart contact trianing, I'm not saying this is the end or even the beginning of the end, but it might just be the end of the beginning. It's getting closer, football is coming home to LFC

Ferris

I stuck this in the fuck my hat thread but I'll pop it in here as well

Former Chelsea/Man City/Monaco/PSG/Milan striker George Weah is the current president of Liberia.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 27, 2020, 03:08:48 PM
I stuck this in the fuck my hat thread but I'll pop it in here as well

Former Chelsea/Man City/Monaco/PSG/Milan striker George Weah is the current president of Liberia.

Since 2018 no less. Knew he'd gone into politics but I hadn't been keeping tabs beyond that.

Now all we need is Ali Dia to pretend he's George Weah's cousin and ring up another West African country and ask to be their President.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 27, 2020, 02:07:59 PM
Unanimous vote by EPL clubs to restart contact trianing, I'm not saying this is the end or even the beginning of the end, but it might just be the end of the beginning. It's getting closer, football is coming home to LFC

Your club has already been responsible for approximately 41 deaths so far. Here's another chance to kill some more.