Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:08:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Rooney returns

Started by king_tubby, January 01, 2020, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 27, 2020, 03:16:16 PM
Your club has already been responsible for approximately 41 deaths so far. Here's another chance to kill some more.

Cumulatively, wouldn't all 99 of your clubs be responsible for a lot more?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: His Name Is Death on May 28, 2020, 06:42:28 PM
Cumulatively, wouldn't all 99 of your clubs be responsible for a lot more?

Name these 99 clubs, you witty twat

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 28, 2020, 06:23:00 PM
Did I tell you I'm a Halifax Wanderers fan now? Went to a few games over the summer.

The league will fold pretty quickly now I reckon, but we'll always have the memories

Sadness in their eyes

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52842600

Plenty of free to air footy including - oddly - Premier League games shown live on BBC. First time since 1987-88.

Captain Z

I guess since everybody knows that this season no longer really counts they're having to drum up as much interest as possible.

Abnormal Palm

Can't wait to stand on the terraces with a pie, paper cup of Bovril and a FUCKIN VENT

Blinder Data

Will LFC fans be able to stay apart when the league title is clinched? I'm expecting a big media backlash/Twitterstorm when clips circulate of hordes of sunburnt Scousers violating the physical distancing rules, grabbing and crying over each other

BlodwynPig

I've filed a injunction on LFC from playing any more games until 2021, citing Genocide as one of the principle reasons.

I have to be honest I'm quite liking the experience of Bundesliga without crowds. Like in non league you can hear how hard they are kicking the ball hear the ball hit the back of the net, hera it pundit the crossbar with venom. You can also hear the communication of the players, the tactical chivvying, the tackles. Looking forward to hearing big Virg marshalling his defence.

Quote from: Blinder Data on May 29, 2020, 10:00:21 AM
Will LFC fans be able to stay apart when the league title is clinched? I'm expecting a big media backlash/Twitterstorm when clips circulate of hordes of sunburnt Scousers violating the physical distancing rules, grabbing and crying over each other

Don't tempt fate blinder, we've yet to see the effect the 3 month hiatus has had on our untouchable form, we may still bottle it, and it'll be the dirty mancs crying and cuddling on mass

BlodwynPig

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 29, 2020, 10:02:51 AM
I have to be honest I'm quite liking the experience of Bundesliga without crowds. Like in non league you can hear how hard they are kicking the ball hear the ball hit the back of the net, hera it pundit the crossbar with venom. You can also hear the communication of the players, the tactical chivvying, the tackles. Looking forward to hearing big Virg marshalling his defence.

"Bro, HENDO! Vape and Girlz tonite, yeah? peace and fucking"

Watched ENG/GER Euro96 semi last night. F**k we played well, had a great team too, completely forgot Darren (sicknote) Anderton played right back 😯 also forgot he hit the post in golden goal time, also forgot germany scoring (disallowed, pushing on a corner) didn't forget gazza millimeters away from winning the game. Macmanaman blistering  Tony Adams gargantuan, Teddy scintillating, Pearcey, frightening, Southgate.......

Chollis

Quote from: Blinder Data on May 29, 2020, 10:00:21 AM

"The matches which have been requested to take place at neutral grounds are Manchester City v Liverpool, Manchester City v Newcastle, Manchester United v Sheffield United, Newcastle v Liverpool and Everton v Liverpool. The police statement adds that "the game in which Liverpool could secure the league title" should also be moved, but this may end up needing to be more than one match if the Jürgen Klopp's side do not clinch it at the first attempt."

anti-northern bias

notjosh

Quote from: MinnieTimperley on May 29, 2020, 10:22:04 AM
forgot germany scoring (disallowed, pushing on a corner)

Me too, it absolutely shat me up when it happened and I got the same chills up my spine that I got 24 years ago.

What I had no memory of was Gazza trying to punch it off the line, Suarez-style, which somehow got missed in the confusion. Silly bastard would have been crying his eyes out all over again if that had been spotted.

Utter Shit

I love that BBC have only got four games (though oddly they seem to have Liverpool/Everton, which is not only a derby but also potentially the game that could confirm the league for Liverpool) while a channel I've literally never heard of have 25. Pick TV, what on earth is that?

bgmnts

It's on Pick TV? Jesus.

May as well on be on QVC or something.

JamesTC

Quote from: Utter Shit on May 29, 2020, 03:13:11 PM
I love that BBC have only got four games (though oddly they seem to have Liverpool/Everton, which is not only a derby but also potentially the game that could confirm the league for Liverpool) while a channel I've literally never heard of have 25. Pick TV, what on earth is that?

I think the Merseyside derby is on Pick TV as that was originally one of Sky's games back in March. Pick TV is a Sky channel and they are putting it on there to make the matches available free to air on Freeview and Freesat.

Sky were given 25 further games as part of the TV deal so they have agreed to make 25 further games free to air.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on May 29, 2020, 04:22:57 PM
It's on Pick TV? Jesus.

May as well on be on QVC or something.

Too lazy to press a few buttons?

bgmnts

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 29, 2020, 06:50:07 PM
Too lazy to press a few buttons?

I won't be watching the football.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on May 29, 2020, 07:00:35 PM
I won't be watching the football.

My heart is pounding with pride. Well done. I will remove one asterisk from LFC EPL Winners 2019-2020*** (1 * removed)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Brendan Rodgers describes his Covid-19 heck:

QuoteI go again on Monday night

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 29, 2020, 07:01:36 PM
My heart is pounding with pride. Well done. I will remove one asterisk from LFC EPL Winners 2019-2020*** (1 * removed)
I intend to use the astrixes as the stars on world cup winners replica shirts, on my new LFC home full kit.

chveik

it's just utter stupidity, there's going a lot more injuries than usual. and playing every 3 days in the summer will most likely ruin the spectacle.

Abnormal Palm

Terrible news about LFC 🥵🥵🥵

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 29, 2020, 09:06:54 PM
Terrible news about LFC 🥵🥵🥵

Christ. You are not wrong. I almost have sympathy.. Well, there is always next year

🥴🥴🥴🤪🤪🤪🤪

chveik

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: chveik on May 29, 2020, 09:15:23 PM
is Pedro Chirivella any good?

Neat on the ball and a very good passer but he struck me as a bit unwilling to put the foot in during the few games he played for Liverpool this season. He'd probably do well in a 4231 formation where he has someone to do his tackling for him.

chveik

I guess it's a good signing for Nantes then.

Wonderful Butternut

I'd expect him to be able for Ligue Baguette, yes.