Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:16:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Rooney returns

Started by king_tubby, January 01, 2020, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ollyboro

So farewell,  to the great Rudy Gestede. Eleven million fucking quid his couple of goals cost us. To think Gary fucking Monk turned down a £6 million bid from Leeds for Gestede. The useless sack of shit. Though clearly not as big a useless sack of shit as Rudy.

bgmnts

Cantwell with a great strike to level it.

Captain Z

Rooney scores a goal, three guesses how...

BlodwynPig

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: bgmnts on June 27, 2020, 07:05:47 PM
Cantwell with a great strike to level it.

Romero (in for David 'throw it into my own goal' de Gea) should've saved it apparently.

Lol.

DrGreggles

'Extra time to be played'

Just realised that this isn't a league game.

Thursday

Ah bollocks so close to penalties.

BlodwynPig

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

* Nothing to do with football, I'm watching Tulpa

Inspector Norse

Commentators burbling about how Man Utd are on a roll and have picked up the winning habit after they need a scrappy 118th-minute goal to beat 10-man Norwich.

Bruno "saviour of Manchester" Fernandes might just have broken the world record for blooting long shots into row Z.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on June 27, 2020, 07:17:38 PM
Romero (in for David 'throw it into my own goal' de Gea) should've saved it apparently.

Lol.
It's sort of a weird trait United have at the moment - I think every goal we've conceded since the end of January has been due to goalkeeper blunder.

Crap game, we played worse, got through. Hopefully we're a lot better on Tuesday, as Brighton will fancy their chances.

Marner and Me

I think that was the 4th match I have seen on TV this season, Man Utd certainly didn't deserve that win. The 1st half was poor all round. I don't know if it was embarrassing for Utd with the supposed calibre of players they have, or a big thumbs up for Norwich who on paper are expected to get thrashed. Personally I think Norwich have been robbed. The ad break is a joke along with the 5 subs allowed. They're professional athletes. They should be fit enough to play these games and have the mental strength to keep going. 

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Norwich were just even more shit. No-one deserved it.

Marner and Me

Tbh I don't find football an exciting spectator sport. I have mates who are proper football nerds and they will just moan about the amount of shit football on TV. Unless you have a proper exciting team to watch Man Utd in the 90s, Barca in the 2010s I feel it is hard to watch for excitement two teams trying to grind out a result and hit someone on the break to stay in the Prem. I feel Norwich posed more of an attacking threat and were unlucky not to win. Either way it makes not a jot in my life. Roll on the start of the NHL and a proper sport to watch.

BlodwynPig

titter "so unfair"

its boring football, get over it, you don't see me being hyperbolic on this thread

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 27, 2020, 09:50:42 PM
titter "so unfair"

its boring football, get over it, you don't see me being hyperbolic on this thread

zoom meet flake dregs

Ferris

Quote from: ollyboro on June 27, 2020, 06:21:29 PM
So farewell,  to the great Rudy Gestede. Eleven million fucking quid his couple of goals cost us. To think Gary fucking Monk turned down a £6 million bid from Leeds for Gestede. The useless sack of shit. Though clearly not as big a useless sack of shit as Rudy.

He was a big lad In The Community when he was at Villa so that's a moral victory, in a way.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 28, 2020, 12:31:26 AM
He was a big lad In The Community when he was at Villa so that's a moral victory, in a way.

Every player mentioned on here gets a "when he played at Villa" response from you. Is it the place that footballers go to die?

smudge1971

Rudy died when we sold him to the Villa. Most ex-Rovers players don't go on to do much better unless we give em away for nowt.

ollyboro

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 28, 2020, 12:31:26 AM

Somebody on one of the Boro fan sites took a screenshot of a poll the Middlesbrough Gazette had ran, prior to us signing Gestede. 100% of the fans didn't want him. Literally nobody. I'd love to know which wanker in our recruitment team thought they knew better.

smudge1971

Quote from: ollyboro on June 28, 2020, 11:50:33 AM
Somebody on one of the Boro fan sites took a screenshot of a poll the Middlesbrough Gazette had ran, prior to us signing Gestede. 100% of the fans didn't want him. Literally nobody. I'd love to know which wanker in our recruitment team thought they knew better.
Jordan Rhodes?

ollyboro

Quote from: smudge1971 on June 28, 2020, 12:30:16 PM
Jordan Rhodes?

Well there's a bloke our recruitment department didn't even want. Rumoured to be an unwanted gift to Karanka from Steve Gibson. File with the second coming of Stewart Stewie Downing.

BlodwynPig

Hamburg chucking away a prize clash against local rivals Werder Bremen in the Bundesliga promotion/relegation playoff. 0-2 down against Sandhausen, while the team in that playoff position are also losing away at champions Bielefeld. 45 minutes to avoid another joke season. he he he.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yep, keeping my fingers crossed that Hamburger SV are the turd that stay flushed.

BlodwynPig

Penno 1-2

This would be typical big boys shit if they get the equaliser 90 minutes to earn the playoff spot. The only consolation is one of Bremen or Hamburg will be 2nd tier next season in that case.

BlodwynPig

1-3 Penno, 3 minutes left. Ha ha ha...unless added time drama of course.

BlodwynPig

BOOOM TIME

1-4

against a lower half team with nothing to play for

Shoulders?-Stomach!

They needed 1 point in the end - at home - against a mid table team with nothing to play for and lost 5-1

That must be close to  the biggest final day fuck up I've ever seen. If the fans were there you have to worry about what would have happened.

What an utter disaster.

Hilarious.

BlodwynPig

Sandhausen were 13th before the game, so not even mid-table

Love the Hamburg SV English twitter

QuoteGerman Derby county at it again

Wonderful Butternut

Leicester's form since beating Newcastle 3-0 on 1st January:

5 wins. 3 of them against lower league opposition in the FA Cup and 2 in the league. Against West Ham & Aston Villa
6 defeats including today. Losses to Burnley, Southampton, Norwich in there and they were knocked out of the EFL Cup by Villa.
5 draws.

Rodgers = Half a chimp. Their top 4 might be saved by the fact that their run-in isn't bad.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on June 28, 2020, 06:02:36 PM
Their top 4 might be saved by the fact that their run-in isn't bad.
I think they'll lose at least two more before the last game of the season - which is against Man United. A lot of might depend on whether Utd can finally put together a decent run of wins in the league.