Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:10:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Rooney returns

Started by king_tubby, January 01, 2020, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Penalty missed in the MASSIVE Barca v Atletico match.

by Shithouser General Diego Costa

DrGreggles

Retaken and scored.

By not Shithouser General Diego Costa

BlodwynPig

Shock news

Leicester season cancelled, meaning Liverpool's title taken away

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on July 01, 2020, 02:01:38 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53242328

Fucking.
Hell.

Sadly, we've fallen into open fascism. The new norm. Scared people and organisations falling over themselves to appease the loud mouth bigots and rabid jingoists.

EOLAN

Quote from: bgmnts on July 01, 2020, 02:01:38 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53242328

Fucking.
Hell.

Bit of a hatchet job that article; which opens up with: "A series of tweets from the Black Lives Matter UK account about Palestine has prompted criticism."

Then quotes several examples of the criticism of the tweets not just from the FA but other political figures;  without ever providing an example of an actual tweet for context. Nor does it have a comment or even a mention that tried to contact someone from Black Lives Matter UK to get a quote from the other side.

BlodwynPig

it was one harmless, completely unsensational tweet. the BBC joining the fascist bullies like its the new "down with tha kidz" trend.

Stick with boglins, you dead-eyed retrogrades

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: EOLAN on July 01, 2020, 09:38:05 AM
Bit of a hatchet job that article; which opens up with: "A series of tweets from the Black Lives Matter UK account about Palestine has prompted criticism."
It's barely an article, more an ever so slight rewording of a press release from the PL, the sort of thing you'd give the work experience kid to do.

lankyguy95

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 01, 2020, 08:47:53 AM
Sadly, we've fallen into open fascism. The new norm. Scared people and organisations falling over themselves to appease the loud mouth bigots and rabid jingoists.
No, they just supported an organisation with political aims beyond that simple anti-racism statement and they're realising it was probably a stupid idea.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: lankyguy95 on July 01, 2020, 10:02:25 AM
No, they just supported an organisation with political aims beyond that simple anti-racism statement and they're realising it was probably a stupid idea.

Fighting fascism is not a stupid idea

lankyguy95

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 01, 2020, 10:24:35 AM
Fighting fascism is not a stupid idea
Good job I didn't say it was.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: lankyguy95 on July 01, 2020, 10:33:42 AM
Good job I didn't say it was.

what did you say? it was intangible.

ollyboro

Wigan in administration just 4 weeks after their takeover. Must be some sort of record.

sevendaughters

It's been a weird decade as a Wigan fan and every year has brought something interesting - losing 9-1, brilliant football, FA Cup, relegation, Europe, playoffs, RACISM SCANDAL, RACISM SCANDAL DOUBLEDOWN, relegation, promotion and PR rebuilding, taken over by a guy whose chippy failed, relegation, promotion, saved by the hair of our bollocks, then playing some excellent football either side of lockdown and now this.

A lot of Wigan fans will say they saw it coming. I never felt comfortable with the new owners - not enough known about them, owner known to be a professional gambler - but I couldn't say anything bad happened until they sold to a subsidiary company. Some uncovering suggests that

Quoteone of the principle reasons for selling the club and transferring ownership is that it will be financially advantageous to IEC in regard to a previous interest free loan of £24.36 million. IEC have provided a replacement loan via 'the new owner' and most importantly; it is interest bearing at 8%. This is now costing Wigan Athletic £37,846 A WEEK! The club have made an average loss over the last two years of circa £8.5 million which equates to £163,461 per week and therefore losses now total circa £200,000 per week.

If defaulted, those repayments leap up even more. I think it is possible that COVID fucked us here. But also a Wigan journo spoke to some at the club and they said the new chairman hadn't put any money in to meet costs.

Ferris

Who takes a loan out at 8%?

What investment can you possibly be making that will make that worthwhile? Yeesh.

Fr.Bigley

They got turned down for the card of Vanquis.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Bournemouth really scraping the barrel here. At least Norwich still have a little twinkly spark, like a kid thats broken into a playground game with the older boys but still fancies nipping in with a few flair moments. Bournemouth look like an out of form League One side.

DrGreggles

Bournemouth should be much better than this.
Yes, they've had a lot a lot of injuries this season, but the players they have in the line-up tonight shouldn't be getting dicked at home by Newcastle.

I blame it on them having a manager who's younger than me.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

This is AIDS from Bournemouth. Do they all have Covid19 from RAVEDAY?

I thought we might win this as Bournemouth were so fuckawful in the last 2 games I saw them play but it turns out our backs to the wall hit on the counter approach is pretty much their kryptonite.

lankyguy95

£34m Bournemouth paid Liverpool for Jordon Ibe and Dom Solanke.

Michael Edwards is utilising actual magic.

Bernice

Everton now playing 17 centre backs and the able-bodied population of Weston-super-Mare in the middle as we hold on to a one goal lead. Which, to be fair, is working.

Checked the fan forums though and apparently relegation beckons. Ancelotti "not fit to wear the genus" they say. "Australopithecus at best", goes the consensus.

Wonderful Butternut

Might be interesting to read some Leicester forums after this one. They're having a spirited debate about their charlatan manager.

Bernice

I've had enough of that from grandoldteam et al over the years, not even sure I could enjoy the schadenfreude of seeing it in other fans forums.

Solid game management from Don Carlo for the win there. I'm cracking another tinny.

Edit to add: I thought Leicester's second half performance was the best I've seen them play for a fair bit. Big fan of Maddison.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on July 01, 2020, 07:58:12 PM
Might be interesting to read some Leicester forums after this one. They're having a spirited debate about their charlatan manager.

Probs still going to end up being the 3rd most successful season since the late 1920s with Charlatan Manager.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 01, 2020, 08:19:02 PM
Probs still going to end up being the 3rd most successful season since the late 1920s with Charlatan Manager.
... who will be sacked by Christmas unless he can turn it around.

chveik

Quote from: Bernice on July 01, 2020, 07:48:03 PM
Checked the fan forums though and apparently relegation beckons. Ancelotti "not fit to wear the genus" they say. "Australopithecus at best", goes the consensus.

pearls before swine

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on July 01, 2020, 08:28:46 PM
... who will be sacked by Christmas unless he can turn it around.

At that point he won't be delivering the 3rd best season since the 1920s, so there's the difference.

Captain Z

Oh Christ, who cares, just give them the goal!

Captain Z

3.5 minutes = obvious error. Liked the artificial boos though.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 01, 2020, 08:47:52 PM
At that point he won't be delivering the 3rd best season since the 1920s, so there's the difference.
Depends how you define "best", I suppose. They have won a couple of other trophies that I'm sure mean more than finishing 3rd or whatever.