Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:19:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Rooney returns

Started by king_tubby, January 01, 2020, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Dead rubber - Juve haven't won the league yet? Lazio losing as well probably means its inevitable

DrGreggles

Chedney Honks

I actually forgot football was on again. Might as well be a Champ Manager simulation at this point.

If nobody watches a football match, does it really take place?

The answer is yes, but who fuckin cares

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Atalanta now the de facto challengers. Fuck Lazio the useless/paid off cunts.

A win today then they play Juve away whuch would bring them to 6 points behind with 6 games left.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Chedney Honks on July 08, 2020, 07:45:51 AM
I actually forgot football was on again. Might as well be a Champ Manager simulation at this point.

If nobody watches a football match, does it really take place?

The answer is yes, but who fuckin cares

It's been champ manager for years now. Unless you are a Newcastle fan, for which it has been more

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 08, 2020, 09:49:06 AM
R OSMAN £2000 SKILL 2
It was all downhill for Russ after that starring role in 'Escape to Victory'...

Gurke and Hare

Ah, selling all your SKILL 5 players at the end of the season because all the skill values were randomised over the close season.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Part 1 of Atalanta Calcio il Trionfo tonight

Only beating Sampdoria 1-0 after 75mins which is worrying. Goals drying up.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shit, sad to see Akinfenwa receive some crass comparison to a water buffalo during the playoff tie. He has published an autobiography called 'The Beast' but all the same, that was on his terms. Pretty fucking presumptive to think he'd be ok with that from fucking Fleetwood. 'The Trawlermen'. Get in the sea.

The guy has played a full season too and done very well vs any other 38 year old in any division. Not like he's just some joke bit-part.

Wonderful Butternut

Fleetwood have a thug managing them and a rapist[nb]Can I still call Ched Evans a rapist following the re-trial? Fuck it, I will anyway[/nb] up front. Fuck 'em. I'd rather see Millwall win things.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on July 08, 2020, 10:35:02 PM
Fleetwood have a thug managing them and a rapist[nb]Can I still call Ched Evans a rapist following the re-trial? Fuck it, I will anyway[/nb] up front. Fuck 'em. I'd rather see Millwall win things.

Chairman is a twat as well.

Hearing Sheff Wed and Derby are set to be docked points for various financial malfeasances and possibly more for trying to cover them up. Anyone got a better scoop than my hearsay?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sevendaughters on July 09, 2020, 01:01:52 AM
Chairman is a twat as well.

Hearing Sheff Wed and Derby are set to be docked points for various financial malfeasances and possibly more for trying to cover them up. Anyone got a better scoop than my hearsay?

In one page, we have mentioned 3 of the most corrupt teams in sport*: Derby, Newcastle and Fleetwood. All should be obliterated.

*not even exaggerating

DrGreggles

Can Derby's points deduction wait until they think they're in the play-offs?
It would be much funnier.

king_tubby

There is no chance we're getting in the play offs.

Gurke and Hare

They should do what they're doing to Wigan where they wait until they see whether they're in the playoffs before deciding whether to deduct the points this season or next season. If it's good at the bottom it's good at the top.

jobotic

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 08, 2020, 10:28:27 PM
Shit, sad to see Akinfenwa receive some crass comparison to a water buffalo during the playoff tie. He has published an autobiography called 'The Beast' but all the same, that was on his terms. Pretty fucking presumptive to think he'd be ok with that from fucking Fleetwood. 'The Trawlermen'. Get in the sea.

The guy has played a full season too and done very well vs any other 38 year old in any division. Not like he's just some joke bit-part.

Not that it matters but I liked him a lot when he played for Gillingham. Was a joy to see defenders jump out of his way but there was more to him than that.

Fleetwood are a scum team.

gilbertharding

Saw a graphic on another forum showing the amount of pressing (whatever that is) done by all the clubs in European top flights, and it showed that the top three teams by quite a distance were Liverpool, Bayern Munich, and Southampton.

And I thought, 'that's nice'. Does that mean even more of our players will be poached?

bgmnts

Southampton should be about 5-0 up but Everton have hung on to the rectum of the game like a clingy, annoying turd and they go and get the equaliser.

Against the runs of play.

Gulftastic

United knocking t'fuck out of Stoke. Surely we can't blow it this year?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Gulftastic on July 09, 2020, 06:46:10 PM
United knocking t'fuck out of Stoke. Surely we can't blow it this year?

DrGreggles

For a team supposedly fighting for their lives, Bournemouth aren't very 'life fighty' are they.

The Culture Bunker

Watching Spurs these days, I think Mourinho has been listening to Sean Dyche's motivational tapes.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on July 09, 2020, 07:40:21 PM
Watching Spurs these days, I think Mourinho has been listening to Sean Dyche's motivational tapes.

He killed a thousand people, for this!?

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Inspector Norse on July 02, 2020, 11:01:41 PM
I just looked up Mourinho's contract.

£300k a week until 2023

Hahahahahahahaha Tottenham

I feel this is worth repeating at regular intervals.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Great stuff, can't wait for him to start next season with virtually zero credibility or goodwill.

DrGreggles

So it would cost them over £45,000,000 to sack him now!

DrGreggles

I know that VAR is very popular with all football fans, but how do fully qualified officials look at multiple replays of this and award a Man U penalty?

When they were reviewing it I assumed it was for a red card!

chveik

yep, absolute mugs

I doubt it's a problem with var though, these guys are just too thick to use it

Ferris

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 09, 2020, 09:01:19 PM
I know that VAR is very popular with all football fans, but how do fully qualified officials look at multiple replays of this and award a Man U penalty?

When they were reviewing it I assumed it was for a red card!

Because one of those players is in the kit of a Big Team that is Good For The Brand and helps to sell The Product of football in the far east. They must always be allowed to succeed. The other player is wearing the colours of one of those pesky football teams that don't even get a Top Six revenue share and therefore must be crushed at every opportunity.

This may not the conscious thought pattern, but facts are facts.