Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:33:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Rooney returns

Started by king_tubby, January 01, 2020, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Jamie Carragher's voice is giving me cancer.

imitationleather

Quote from: bgmnts on February 02, 2020, 05:16:15 PM
Mourinho effect in full swing now. Dark arts shit less forgivable at a club that wont win anything really.

What dark arts? Sterling should have been sent off for his tackle on Dele and then he dived after the penalty and somehow avoided a second yellow.

bgmnts

Just generally his matches being shite and scrappy and cunty. Famous for it.

imitationleather

Got any examples of where you can see Spurs playing like that on purpose during this match?

As far as I can see it's pretty much the same as it was under Pochettino. It's not like Aurier has never given away a penalty before.

Inspector Norse

I don't think it's so much dirtiness as general negativity. Mourinho has become something of a self-parody and goes into any game against a top ten team with a team set up to cling on for 0-0.

bgmnts

Quote from: imitationleather on February 02, 2020, 05:21:11 PM
Got any examples of where you can see Spurs playing like that on purpose during this match?

As far as I can see it's pretty much the same as it was under Pochettino. It's not like Aurier has never given away a penalty before.

The massive brawl.

imitationleather

Sterling had just dived to try to get a second penalty.

C_Larence

My girlfriend told me a story about her american friend who was kicked out of a tottenham game a few years ago along with his dad because they weren't cheering for either side and the rest of the crowd started booing them. Has anything like that ever happened before? I'm extremely dubious, if there's any truth to the story I'm sure it has been embellished.

bgmnts

Still, theres a way to conduct yourselves, with professionalism and sportsmanship.

imitationleather

Quote from: bgmnts on February 02, 2020, 05:38:33 PM
Still, theres a way to conduct yourselves, with professionalism and sportsmanship.

Have you ever watched football before?

Captain Z

Is this one of those "goes wrong" shows?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteKaren Carney

Former England winger on BBC Radio 5 Live

This is the problem with VAR, it just seems to take an absolute age to make a decision and chaos ensues in the meantime. But VAR knows all so, there you go.

Glad to see that they can employ thick as fuck people paid to just blurt kneejerk stuff out that are women too.

bgmnts

Quote from: imitationleather on February 02, 2020, 05:40:10 PM
Have you ever watched football before?

Ha I am taking the piss to be fair, I want Spurs to win this, I just despise Mourinho.

Zinchenko red, oops!

imitationleather

Quote from: bgmnts on February 02, 2020, 05:51:51 PM
Ha I am taking the piss to be fair

Don't worry, I had assumed that!

EDIT: WAGWAN BERGWIJN!

bgmnts

Great finish. Its things like that which make me realise how athletic you have to make that shit look easy.

DrGreggles

Looks like Man City could batter Spurs twice this season and up with a single point to show for it.

imitationleather

Bergwijn with a career-ending injury, there.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Arsenal 10th having won 6 out of 25 games played. A truly rotten league.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 02, 2020, 06:05:15 PM

Or truly competitive?

If you ignore the team at the top...

bgmnts

Or competitive.

What would you consider a good league?

The Culture Bunker

Norwich finished 3rd in 1993 with a negative goal difference. Should have packed up the league then and took up baseball.

Ferris

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on February 02, 2020, 06:21:14 PM
Norwich finished 3rd in 1993 with a negative goal difference. Should have packed up the league then and took up baseball.

It's never too late to take up baseball, you see...

[5 paragraphs no one will read]

...and that's why it is great. Thanks.

imitationleather

bgmnts

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 02, 2020, 06:30:15 PM
It's never too late to take up baseball, you see...

[5 paragraphs no one will read]

...and that's why it is great. Thanks.

There really needs to be a Subbuteo version of Baseball. Baseuteo

Captain Z

I really don't understand your problem. Would you prefer to have the usual top 4/6 well adrift of those just happy to be making up the numbers?

Mr_Simnock

It's going to well over before the end of March I think simply amazing year for the klopp lot

imitationleather

Oh God. It'd be terrible if the Premier League season was cancelled due to coronavirus before Liverpool had acheived enough points to win it. :(

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on February 02, 2020, 07:50:19 PM
Oh God. It'd be terrible if the Premier League season was cancelled due to coronavirus before Liverpool had acheived enough points to win it. :(

Send them on a winter break to Wuhan.

The Culture Bunker

A mate of mine said at the United game last night, which was pretty dreary, he did try to get a chant going for our new signing:

Viva Ighalo, viva Ighalo
Flies in from Beijing
Hope he's not coughing...

Mobius