Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:11:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Rooney returns

Started by king_tubby, January 01, 2020, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Marner and Me on July 13, 2020, 07:47:25 PM
They can't even fill their ground. They're proper plastic, as bad as Chelsea circa 04.

I can think of big plastic things.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 13, 2020, 06:40:34 PM
????

Sorry, I might be wrong on the "mostly" part, but what prompted UEFA to act was information on City's financial dealings published by Der Speigel and Football Leaks which FL's Rui Pinto allegedly obtained illegally by 'hacking'[nb]I say 'hacking' because City forgot to delete accounts of former staff at least once, which led to their scouting data being obtained by Liverpool (for which Liverpool had to bung them £1m not to complain). So it probably wasn't as much hacking in the Hollywood sense as it was ringing up some bloke they fired and asking for his credentials[/nb] into Man City's computer system. He is, or at least was until recently, under house arrest for it. At least some of the evidence came from there.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Just rewatched Erik Edman's thunder fucker, moment of ground trembling 'I was there' magic.

After the hit the director cuts to some pissed off supporter in the opposition mouthing 'fuck off, cunt, die you piece of shit fucking cunt, fuck off toss piece shite arse disability candidate'

Part of me just wants to go back in time and direct Edman's foot into that desperate loser's head.

Blinder Data

That's a sore one, Clive.

Quote from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53404899Clive Tyldesley has said he is "upset, annoyed" and "baffled" to lose his post as ITV's lead football commentator, saying: "I do not know why this decision has been taken."

Tyldesley, who has voiced ITV's biggest matches for 22 years, is to be replaced from the start of next season by TalkSport's Sam Matterface.

ITV thanked Tyldesley for his "superb work", saying he will still commentate "particularly at major tournaments".

We're going to need a new catchphrase, er...Sam?

Captain Z

What, Sam Matterface, eh?
got-a no respect

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteRacial stereotypes are not just wrong, morally wrong, they are inaccurate and they are irresponsible. They are lazy, thoughtless, and in my blown-up opinion, far too much sports commentary is lazy and thoughtless

Pretty much every racial stereotype spouted on lead commentary I can think of is from Tyldesley. Whether it's 'no nonsense Uruguayan / Italian defenders' or the 'cynical Portuguese'.

Clearly he is someone who thinks he knows how to tick the right boxes in media comments to see him through. But the actual evidence doesn't stack up does it Clive. Does it Clive

DOES IT CLIVE

CLIVE

Gulftastic

As much as I would miss dragging him on Twitter during matches, I hope Hoddle is next to be shown the door.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Come on Fulham, do West Brom so Brentford can go up.

Do not want WBA back again. Do not want so much.

Gurke and Hare

What the hell do ITV need to have more than one commentator on contract for anyway? They only show England games apart from the Euros and World Cup.

Fortunately, Keysey has chipped in.

https://richardajkeys.com/index.php/blog/241-come-on-clive

QuoteI've known Clove since we were both babies. We grew up together at Radio City in Liverpool.

Clove.

Chollis

who the hell is sam matterface. i've heard the name. i've just googled him. still got no idea

ollyboro

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 14, 2020, 05:29:43 PM
Pretty much every racial stereotype spouted on lead commentary I can think of is from Tyldesley. Whether it's 'no nonsense Uruguayan / Italian defenders' or the 'cynical Portuguese'.

Racial stereotypes? Really? Uruguay and Italy have definitely got a history of producing "uncompromising" defenders. A footballing stereotype, certainly, but not a racial stereotype, and a stereotype based on a degree of truth.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: ollyboro on July 14, 2020, 06:49:54 PM
Racial stereotypes? Really? Uruguay and Italy have definitely got a history of producing "uncompromising" defenders. A footballing stereotype, certainly, but not a racial stereotype, and a stereotype based on a degree of truth.

"A goal for all of Africa"

What has happened to Hull?!!!! 7-0 down at half time at Wigan?!

BlodwynPig

Pep wants an apology from UEFA because his team cheated?!

ollyboro

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 14, 2020, 06:51:44 PM
"A goal for all of Africa"

What has happened to Hull?!!!! 7-0 down at half time at Wigan?!

Admittedly any commentator who thinks that the whole of Africa supports any African team needs to get fucked and acknowledge the inalienable right of any African to despise another African from a different part of Africa.

EOLAN

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 14, 2020, 05:38:19 PM
Come on Fulham, do West Brom so Brentford can go up.

Do not want WBA back again. Do not want so much.

Come on Preston North End tomorrow. Do not want the Bees to go up (automatically).

ollyboro

"It's still Wigan seven up at half-time. Hull haven't conceded during half-time." - Dave (the!!) Roberts.

EOLAN

Wigan really falling apart in the second-half. Only added one goal to their tally so far.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 14, 2020, 06:55:25 PM
Pep wants an apology from UEFA because his team cheated?!

Fuck off Pep, fuck off entitled cunts
Get in grave
There's the grave

Gulftastic

Right, that's Fulham out of the picture.

Beagle 2

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on July 14, 2020, 06:07:49 PM
What the hell do ITV need to have more than one commentator on contract for anyway? They only show England games apart from the Euros and World Cup.

Fortunately, Keysey has chipped in.

https://richardajkeys.com/index.php/blog/241-come-on-clive

Clove.

I don't know why I don't religiously read Keys' blog, it's an incredible journal of bitterness. Basically free extra Partridge content.

Rolf Lundgren

Bye Clive, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

He didn't want to go on Twitter and whine about it but decided to go on Twitter and whine about it. He's been in the job for 22 years but that's not long enough for Clive who presumably wanted to go on until they wheeled him off in a coffin. For goodness sake man, take it on the chin. You had a good run. He's not even been sacked, demoted to second choice commentator, but he's just pissed off his beloved England games have been taken away from him. What an arse.

kalowski

I fucking despise Tyldsley.
Always hated when he threw out things like, "Misplaced pass from Pirlo. That's a collector's item."

Jockice

Quote from: ollyboro on July 14, 2020, 06:55:47 PM
Admittedly any commentator who thinks that the whole of Africa supports any African team needs to get fucked and acknowledge the inalienable right of any African to despise another African from a different part of Africa.

And the whole of Scotland will be cheering on Rangers now...

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Jockice on July 14, 2020, 08:40:43 PM
And the whole of Scotland will be cheering on Rangers now...

He embodies the type of mindset occupied by centrists like Starmer. Blandly Blinkered Boring Brit.

mjwilson

He's still OK for Chicken Run 2 though right?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: kalowski on July 14, 2020, 08:36:54 PM
I fucking despise Tyldsley.
Always hated when he threw out things like, "Misplaced pass from Pirlo. That's a collector's item."

Precisely.

Utter wank stain.

holyzombiejesus

God, that Richard Keys blog is incredible.

https://richardajkeys.com/index.php/blog/200-a-statement

QuoteEnough. This outrageous character assassination has got to stop. Here are some facts. My wife has been in remission from cancer for 7 years. We battled the initial diagnosis together and she handled - and continues to handle her recovery - bravely.

Lucie Rose is NOT my daughters friend. They met twice - once in Qatar when I asked her and her friend to look after Jemma on a night out. It went horribly wrong. Lucie later went to see Jemma in London to see if she could help with her addictions. Sadly she couldn't, but she wanted to try. That's it. I don't consider 2 meetings to be enough contact to be described as a 'friend'.

Sadly my daughters problems have haunted our family for 15 years or more. Those that know us well would tell you that we have tried everything to help her. We've spent in excess of £250,000 on rehab. I have never come up short on family matters.
Jemma's issues are at the core of my marriage break-up. My wife and I disagree on her treatment. Quite simply - I refuse to 'enable' her with her problems any further. Those with addictions will understand what I mean.