Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:56:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Rooney returns

Started by king_tubby, January 01, 2020, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

that Wigan win was tremendous, our record in the professional game. out of relegation with the 12pts off if Luton stays 1-1.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sevendaughters on July 14, 2020, 09:30:44 PM
that Wigan win was tremendous, our record in the professional game. out of relegation with the 12pts off if Luton stays 1-1.

nice, another team to escape punishment for cheating... what sludge the game is these days

ollyboro

"Chelsea will want to be playing in the League of Champions next year.... although it's not really called that these days." Has it ever been called that? The Champions League has its own symphony, so I suppose anything is possible.

sevendaughters

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 14, 2020, 09:35:17 PM
nice, another team to escape punishment for cheating... what sludge the game is these days

don't think having the owner pull funding without a by your leave is cheating, it's just not having money. if anything it's a disadvantage.

ollyboro

ersatz99

QuoteITV's Sam Matterface baffled viewers of Argentina's game against Iceland when he introduced second-half Argentine substitute Cristian Pavon to the masses.. "He's only five foot five tall," noted Matterface of the diminutive forward, "which is the same height as Kirsten Dunst, or Mel from Mel and Sue."

Another knowing sub-partridge classic which I suppose is alright on the likes of Talksport.
Quote" Agbonlahor has found Weiman whose shot is as weak as a glass of squash made up of 52% water and err half err squash"

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Another 6 goals for Atalanta

93 goals in 33 games

Nowhere near winning the league

Surely the greatest team of all time

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 14, 2020, 11:01:50 PM

93 goals in 33 games

was just about to post that, incredible.

BlodwynPig

If fucking football wasn't full of corruption and the non-penno for Ronaldo was not given, Atlanta would be 3 points behind first place tonight

https://youtu.be/1c6LmLGoO38?t=84

https://youtu.be/1c6LmLGoO38?t=190

scandalous....but look at the goals for Atalanta...class team compared to Juve fuckers

the last team to beat them? SPAL

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Honestly though, the amount of airtime to 90s Parma and Fiorentina. Promulgate, testify, this team are greater than either.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 14, 2020, 05:25:06 PM
Clive there of 'I won't proactively report Big Ron calling someone a fucking lazy thick n-' fame.

My first thought, 13 hours after the event admittedly.

That Twitter video is embarrassing. Wouldn't have seen Barry Davies abasing himself like that.

DrGreggles

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 14, 2020, 11:11:36 PM
If fucking football wasn't full of corruption and the non-penno for Ronaldo was not given, Atlanta would be 3 points behind first place tonight

https://youtu.be/1c6LmLGoO38?t=84

https://youtu.be/1c6LmLGoO38?t=190

scandalous....but look at the goals for Atalanta...class team compared to Juve fuckers

the last team to beat them? SPAL

They're all in on it!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on July 15, 2020, 01:33:23 AM
My first thought, 13 hours after the event admittedly.

That Twitter video is embarrassing. Wouldn't have seen Barry Davies abasing himself like that.

Time was when these "giants" of the commentariat were faceless figures whose voice you'd hear for 90 minutes every week at most. They would then disappear from thought, retiring to their comfortable bungalows in the suburbs to sit in their favourite beige coloured leather chair sipping high quality whiskey from sturdy tumblers, sunlight filtering through ancient curtains, a pall of sadness resonant in the close atmosphere of the uneasy living room.

Now...its all TWITTER MELTDOWNS AND SHRILL NARCISSISM.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 14, 2020, 11:01:50 PM

93 goals in 33 games

I adore them. Hope they win the Gazprom.

Quote from: jobotic on July 13, 2020, 02:32:26 PM
I feel a bit sorry for them - they used to support a football club and they have to pretend to themselves that they still do.

Yeah someone took over Man City and replaced it with a hyper efficient, lavishly funded prefabricated megaclub with the aim of whitewashing the reputation of the people who run Abu Dhabi. It's still called Man City but it no longer exists to represent their community in football or anything like that, it's a prop in a RP war, as are the fans.

BlodwynPig

Guardiola was therefore asking UEFA to apologise to the tyrant nation of UAE, fucking hell.

Marner and Me

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 15, 2020, 08:18:00 AM
Time was when these "giants" of the commentariat were faceless figures whose voice you'd hear for 90 minutes every week at most. They would then disappear from thought, retiring to their comfortable bungalows in the suburbs to sit in their favourite beige coloured leather chair sipping high quality whiskey from sturdy tumblers, sunlight filtering through ancient curtains, a pall of sadness resonant in the close atmosphere of the uneasy living room.

Now...its all TWITTER MELTDOWNS AND SHRILL NARCISSISM.
I don't like listening to them, I can see what is happening on the pitch without some has been describing it. I just run some music I'd rather listen top over the top.

When watching ice hockey I like having the sound on as it throws you watching it if you can't hear what is happening on the ice.

ersatz99

Captain Z

On the BT Sport stream they appear to be adding the "nana na naa, you're shit" chant to the artificial crowd noise.

bgmnts

Doherty put his arm in front of his face to protect himself from Chris Wood's dangerous play, it hits his arm and has a penalty given against him.

What the fuck?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Felt like a shite decision but when I saw the angle from the end stand it looked a little bit more suspect.

I think if Chris Wood is trying an overhead kick a natural reaction is to go "arrrgh fffs shit get out, get out of the way". Benefit of the doubt to the defender really there. Quite what the ref thinks defenders are capable of in a split second with a hulking chance-missing behemoth about to insert his studs up your noise, is beyond me.

Also Mike Dean with the Roy Keane Greybeard. No mate, no.

petercussing

It's a peno regardless now i think, isn't it? A la Spurs in the chumps league final

chveik

Quote from: petercussing on July 15, 2020, 08:05:06 PM
It's a peno regardless now i think, isn't it? A la Spurs in the chumps league final

yep that's the new rules, handball = pen , no questions asked (unless the ball touched another area of the body just before). it's incredibly stupid (eg the Juve-Atalante game)

bgmnts

It will be interesting to see how AFTV react to this game.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Between 10th and 15th in the Premier League there have been 3 wins from the last combined 18 games

Cracking late season form by the Officially Not Relegated unflushable turds stinking up the league.

BlodwynPig

Juve 2-0 up away to Sassuolo

Sass storm back 3-2

Sandro equalises in 82nd.

Its RONALDO (90 PENNNOO) TIME

Sassuolo have been nearly as good as Atalanta since lockdown ended

chveik

bit weird to see Aurier already playing

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Serie A has been a relative goalfest this season.

Don't tell me how Udinese are staying in the league with less than a goal a game but other than them it's been positive.

Sassuolo are like a junior Atalanta. Really hope the team above slip up so they can make a late run into Europe.

sevendaughters

That Sassuolo shirt is a proper instant classic.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 15, 2020, 10:44:50 PM
Serie A has been a relative goalfest this season.

Don't tell me how Udinese are staying in the league with less than a goal a game but other than them it's been positive.

Milan in 1993/94 scored 36 league goals and won the title.

Then dicked Barcelona 4-0 in the CL Final.