Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:24:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Rooney returns

Started by king_tubby, January 01, 2020, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Winning 10% of all FA cups is absurd. Well done to Arsenal.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 01, 2020, 07:46:16 PM
Winning 10% of all FA cups is absurd. Well done to Arsenal.

all with the same squad too!

JamesTC

Just the third final loss out of three finals for Lampard. Just hope he isn't too arrogant with it.

finnquark

After being relegated twice in two years, being left in the lurch by that joker Young, using 50 plus players in a season to finish bottom of the conference north, this is so fucking good. Back at the top table with a young squad, the best management team in non league and a young and excited set of fans coming through. Doing it the right way with community work, wearing a rainbow kit in solidarity with the LGBT community, playing exciting football with a genuinely likeable bunch of players. Fucking get in alty.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: finnquark on August 01, 2020, 08:26:56 PM
After being relegated twice in two years, being left in the lurch by that joker Young, using 50 plus players in a season to finish bottom of the conference north, this is so fucking good. Back at the top table with a young squad, the best management team in non league and a young and excited set of fans coming through. Doing it the right way with community work, wearing a rainbow kit in solidarity with the LGBT community, playing exciting football with a genuinely likeable bunch of players. Fucking get in alty.

Very happy for you.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: finnquark on August 01, 2020, 08:26:56 PM

Pfft. You haven't known crisis until you've only finished 5th in the Premier League and had to spend £72m on a winger, only to fail to make the top four again and have to make do with your 418th FA Cup win. I'm made up for Arsenal, they really deserve this.

Inspector Norse

Meanwhile the revolving doors at Boundary Park spin ever faster and Dino Maamria's seven months in charge have been "mutually" ended. Harry Kewell is the next bloke to realise that permanent marker isn't the best choice for writing his name on the manager's office door.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: JamesTC on August 01, 2020, 08:18:20 PM
Just the third final loss out of three finals for Lampard. Just hope he isn't too arrogant with it.

'Growing team in development'
'i learned a lot today'

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 01, 2020, 08:56:00 PM
'Growing team in development'
'i learned a lot today'

'At least I'm not at Newcastle...yet'

Shoulders?-Stomach!

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/53625258

Something about the lack of crowd perhaps giving the sense of there being no occasion or pressure, but this looks to me like the sort of goal I've seen at five a side every week (a lot of the time against our team).

Annie Labuntur

Watch Marcus Alonso watch Aubameyang's goal from every angle.

BlodwynPig

DrGreggles

Poobum

Conflicted. Would be great if Harrogate got promoted, but then would be nice for Mansfield to have one of their local rivals to play against. Not a sentiment I'd hold for Chesterfield though, their demise is too funny.

DrGreggles

3-1
This looks good for Corbyn Harrogate!

DrGreggles

Congrats to The Gaters*.
Good to have another Eurovision host in the Football League.

*Guessing the nickname, but it's unlikely to be better than that

ollyboro

Harrogate! Gives Sunderland hope for a localish derby in the near future.

The Culture Bunker

I only just realised the other day that next season Cumbria will have two league teams for the first time since 1977. Would rather it had been Workington that Barrow, but I doubt the jam eaters will be around much longer, sadly...

Poobum

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 02, 2020, 05:11:32 PM
Congrats to The Gaters*.
Good to have another Eurovision host in the Football League.

*Guessing the nickname, but it's unlikely to be better than that

Sulphurites apparently. Makes 'em sound like some heretical gnostic sect.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Poobum on August 03, 2020, 12:48:53 AM
Sulphurites apparently. Makes 'em sound like some heretical gnostic sect.

its because its a former spa town, but they had to close down the natural spa because it stank of rotten eggs - hence the nickname

DrGreggles

*Championship Playoff Final about to start alert*

DrGreggles

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 04, 2020, 09:38:52 PM
Ignore that.

Dog of a match.

Just what the Premier League needs. Either team 100% relegated next season, waste of time.

DrGreggles

Well, that goalkeeper's comedy dive makes up for preceding 105 minutes of dog shit!

BlodwynPig

christ, just what you need, Fulham and West From "lighting up" the "best" league in the world

Wonderful Butternut

DrGreggles

123 minutes gone and Brentford turn up.