Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:49:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Rooney returns

Started by king_tubby, January 01, 2020, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

They keep talking about the loss of Ramos like he's dead or something, rather than banned for getting a straight red card for being a terrible, dirty cunt.

phes

kalowski

bgmnts

Quote from: kalowski on August 07, 2020, 09:44:19 PM
They keep talking about the loss of Ramos like he's dead or something, rather than banned for getting a straight red card for being a terrible, dirty cunt.

His 30th red card is it? Mental.

imitationleather

chveik

Inspector Norse

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: chveik on August 07, 2020, 10:01:32 PM
lovely stuff

2 cunts down

A small problem.. Man City lifting the trophy

BlodwynPig

bgmnts

QuoteLyon survived a Cristiano Ronaldo-inspired comeback from Juventus to hang on and book a Champions League quarter-final against Manchester City.

Fucksake.

BlodwynPig

Hits = money, or bbc = on its last legs

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Been worse nights for football, kissing goodbye to Real and Juventus in one evening is fine by me.

However, I was halfway through the match report while greeted with the phrase "tormentor-in-chief", and knew instantly this was the work of the sneering halfwit McNulty (who is himself 'Chief Football Correspondent'), no doubt perched on his throne of pre-cum as his spewings cascaded onto the webmaster drones below.

Captain Z

Sarri gone. A paltry one league title in 12 months simply not good enough at this level.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Captain Z on August 08, 2020, 02:39:24 PM
Sarri gone. A paltry one league title in 12 months simply not good enough at this level.

LOVE IT

DrGreggles

Whereas the bloke who took over from him at Chelsea, finishing lower in the league and statistically worse in every area, was nominated for Manager of the Year.

Dead Soon

Quote from: Captain Z on August 08, 2020, 02:39:24 PM

Genuinely true by their standards. The established hallmark of the last decade is that the league title is a mere formality, all but won straight out of the blocks, and the real merit lies with their performances in Europe. To win the league by only one point and running it close to the wire coupled with a last-16 exit to an unfancied Lyon side denotes a serious failure.

Leon-C

Talk of getting Andrea Pirlo in, with his illustrious managerial career of two weeks with the U23s

Captain Z

Give it Pirlo-y till the end of the season.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Leon-C on August 08, 2020, 06:39:14 PM
Talk of getting Andrea Pirlo in, with his illustrious managerial career of two weeks with the U23s

It's all about men's modelling and snazzy waistcoats in the modern game

Shoulders?-Stomach!

12 Aug   Atalanta v Paris St-Germain   20:00 BST
13 Aug   RB Leipzig v Atletico Madrid   20:00 BST
14 Aug   Barcelona v Bayern Munich   20:00 BST
15 Aug   Manchester City v Lyon   20:00 BST

Quarter finals could have been a lot worse.

Hoping and praying Atalanta storm PSG.

DrGreggles

Atalanta v Leipzig final please!

chveik

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 09, 2020, 01:01:38 AM
Atalanta v Leipzig final please!

impossible

Atalanta v Lyon still is though

bgmnts

Atalanta vs Leyton Orient u23 please.

EOLAN

Can I be one to state the old tired cliché of Martin Keown being an atrocious co-commentator.
For the first Barcelona goal; he kept going on about how the scorer had got so much space; the defending was terrible, why did he get so much space, how did this happen and those Napoli players falling over each other. He seemed totally oblivious to the clear push-off that created the space. Not saying it was a foul; but surely at least he would have noticed how this amazing space got created but seemed to continue to be oblivious after ten replays.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Needed to be getting his head on that for me

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Dead Soon on August 08, 2020, 04:58:23 PM
Genuinely true by their standards. The established hallmark of the last decade is that the league title is a mere formality, all but won straight out of the blocks, and the real merit lies with their performances in Europe. To win the league by only one point and running it close to the wire coupled with a last-16 exit to an unfancied Lyon side denotes a serious failure.

This is all true but it does make you wonder what the point of it all is. If even the teams who win the league are unhappy surely a rethink about the way the whole sport works is needed.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on August 10, 2020, 05:31:46 PM
This is all true but it does make you wonder what the point of it all is. If even the teams who win the league are unhappy surely a rethink about the way the whole sport works is needed.

Reminds me of the SHOCK AND DEVASTATION that Hamilton only finished second in the Grand Prix yesterday. DIDDUMS. you already won the championship before it started.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: EOLAN on August 09, 2020, 01:59:42 AM
Can I be one to state the old tired cliché of Martin Keown being an atrocious co-commentator.
For the first Barcelona goal; he kept going on about how the scorer had got so much space; the defending was terrible, why did he get so much space, how did this happen and those Napoli players falling over each other. He seemed totally oblivious to the clear push-off that created the space. Not saying it was a foul; but surely at least he would have noticed how this amazing space got created but seemed to continue to be oblivious after ten replays.

His atrocious commentary might have something to do with the family Keown sharing more DNA with King Edward potatoes than humans.

BlodwynPig

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53697662

Great initiative by the BBC

The Great Beigening continues.