Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:37:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Rooney returns

Started by king_tubby, January 01, 2020, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

Utter Shit

Looks like the Premier League are starting to test the waters with regard to a Premier League streaming service which cuts out the need for a broadcaster, sort of like the WWE Network. Will be interesting to see how this goes - in theory, the possibility of watching any game you like, and a back catalogue of endless games from the history of the PL, will be great. But on the other hand, this article from John Nicholson rasies some excellent points about the potential fallout of such a move...

https://www.football365.com/news/premflix-end-premier-league-john-nicholson

hummingofevil

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 10, 2020, 04:25:35 AM
Won 20, drawn 1, lost 3

Scored 63
Conceded 17

'batshit'

Yes. "Batshit". Meaning mad or crazy.  Not meaning shit. They are exciting to watch and usually very good but the characters involved all seem to be only one step away from something daft. Neymar missing matches days after his birthday party, Mbappé having a strop with the coach for being subbed when 5-0 up. Their implosion against United last year. They could easily win Champions League or throw away a 3-0 lead in final.

I stand by batshit.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Utter Shit on February 10, 2020, 10:27:04 AM
Looks like the Premier League are starting to test the waters with regard to a Premier League streaming service which cuts out the need for a broadcaster, sort of like the WWE Network. Will be interesting to see how this goes - in theory, the possibility of watching any game you like, and a back catalogue of endless games from the history of the PL, will be great. But on the other hand, this article from John Nicholson rasies some excellent points about the potential fallout of such a move...

https://www.football365.com/news/premflix-end-premier-league-john-nicholson

The NFL game pass is this for NFL and is excellent (and about £100 a year at cheapest). It coexists with the TV companies by broadcasting all games live apart from those that on live TV and are geo-blocked.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: hummingofevil on February 10, 2020, 11:13:42 AM
Yes. "Batshit". Meaning mad or crazy.  Not meaning shit. They are exciting to watch and usually very good but the characters involved all seem to be only one step away from something daft. Neymar missing matches days after his birthday party, Mbappé having a strop with the coach for being subbed when 5-0 up. Their implosion against United last year. They could easily win Champions League or throw away a 3-0 lead in final.

I stand by batshit.

As the commentator mentioned on the rugby yesterday, french teams lack ruthlessness. When "we" beat Swizerland 5-2 a few years ago, even at 5-0 i was worried they'd lose. Preening, lazy or bored. Who knows, but they lack that British stubborn aggression

chveik

jobotic

Meant to be off to see Chatham Town v Erith Town tonight in the SCEFL Challenge Cup. I worry that the high winds may affect the quality of the football though.

BlodwynPig

QuoteThe court heard the vehicle hit the premises and a parked car at about 04:50 BST.

QuoteJonathan Morrissey, defending, said the player had waited at the scene for a reasonable length of time but no-one was available to exchange details with.

Inspector Norse

Jockice

Quote from: king_tubby on February 10, 2020, 09:07:36 AM
Piggies gonna pig. Oink oink!

You've got that wrong mate. Sheffield United are known as The Blades. It's Sheffield Wednesday who are called The Pigs.

king_tubby

Jockice

Quote from: king_tubby on February 11, 2020, 05:56:53 PM
No, they're the Owls.

Not from where I'm sitting they're not. (Near Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane).

king_tubby

Quote from: Jockice on February 11, 2020, 06:14:55 PM
(Near Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane).

Known as the Pig Sty. Because of all the piggies. Oink.

Marner and Me

Quote from: hummingofevil on February 10, 2020, 11:16:51 AM
The NFL game pass is this for NFL and is excellent (and about £100 a year at cheapest). It coexists with the TV companies by broadcasting all games live apart from those that on live TV and are geo-blocked.
I subscribe to the NHL version, cracking value for money, with a VPN ;)

Ferris

Quote from: hummingofevil on February 10, 2020, 11:16:51 AM

Major League Baseball offers such an app, about 100 of your English pounds, and you can watch any game from the last 7 seasons and current spring training games, in addition to streaming any live game. It is usually about 25 of your English pounds after June (half the season nearly gone), and free in the post season.

Why this isn't the model for all sports is beyond me (though I suspect the reason is money for someone, somewhere)

jobotic

Quote from: jobotic on February 11, 2020, 09:26:27 AM
Meant to be off to see Chatham Town v Erith Town tonight in the SCEFL Challenge Cup. I worry that the high winds may affect the quality of the football though.

Didn't go as friends I was going to go with thought it was too cold and windy to bother with. Ended up in the opub watching the end of Swansea v QPR which was dull. Meanwhile down the road Chats won 3-1.

I should have gone on my own, top off, painted red and let Shepherd and Neame take care of the cold.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on February 12, 2020, 10:48:16 AM
Didn't go as friends I was going to go with thought it was too cold and windy to bother with. Ended up in the opub watching the end of Swansea v QPR which was dull. Meanwhile down the road Chats won 3-1.

I should have gone on my own, top off, painted red and let Shepherd and Neame take care of the cold.

Good little run for Fisher - 3 unbeaten including 3-1 over forum fave Glebe

jobotic

Yep.

Forum fave Glebe through to the cup semis too after beating Punjab Utd on penalties.

DrGreggles

Yet again The Championship is doing what The Championship does.

2nd place Leeds are only 3 points ahead of Bristol City in 7th.

Captain Z

There's still hope for a triple-whammy of PL debutants in Preston, Brentford and Bristol City. Unlikely, but possible.

kalowski

Ronaldo (Pen) 90

Soft fucking handball.

BlodwynPig

Pennos in all 3 cup games tonight

None yesterday but Pena did score

Utter Shit

Finally some fucking football again tonight. Proper football, not this Swansea/QPR bollocks.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Crabwalk

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 12, 2020, 11:07:01 PM
Yet again The Championship is doing what The Championship does.

2nd place Leeds are only 3 points ahead of Bristol City in 7th.

I was so bored of being in the Championship for 17 fucking years.

Now 7th in League 1 and sinking like a stone. Sorry I neglected you, sweet division :_(

bgmnts

Quote from: Utter Shit on February 14, 2020, 11:48:03 AM
Finally some fucking football again tonight. Proper football, not this Swansea/QPR bollocks.

Getting the shakes?

Beagle 2

I genuinely hope that's upheld, it's the most stale, boring competition on the planet. It would be lovely to free up those midweeks and have a little break from fans of other clubs getting friction burns on their bell ends because not very many people have turned up to watch a waste of time.

I'm sure they'll overturn it on appeal as that's how these things tend to go, but I do hope not.

bgmnts

Didnt Pep say he will be a failure if he didnt win the champions league recently?

Chollis

Surprised UEFA had the balls to go up against Abu Dhabi like that. Still, will get overturned or reduced at least on appeal.