Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:17:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Rooney returns

Started by king_tubby, January 01, 2020, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Paaaaul

Quote from: bgmnts on February 15, 2020, 08:37:06 PM
Does he just need to hit the gym or is he using it to his advantage specifically?
He can jink about and turn defenders inside-out with his lack of mass and nippy change of pace, but he struggles if someone goes into him hard. I think he still needs to bulk up a bit to become a more complete player.

Lordofthefiles

Great White Ape

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Great White Ape on February 16, 2020, 03:55:48 PM
Ahh, same old Villa. Shame.

Footballs equivilance of an asphyxi-wank[nb]for us Villa fans[/nb]

Ferris

bgmnts

Grealish got me 5 points today at least.

kalowski

QuoteWhen I look at certain players, their body language, their stance, the way they act, you just feel, hold on a minute, he needs pulling down a peg or two.

So I'd probably say that about all the young black lads, all the young advice if they wanted it, that, you know, it's about, when you are struggling for form, you are going through a sticky patch, it's about going back to basics, working hard, and doing the right things
QuoteWhat I said was wholly inappropriate and unintentional. Race is irrelevant to the issues that I was discussing and I deeply regret what I said. I sincerely hope that the players accept my apology
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/16/bbc-pundits-derby-young-black-lads-sparks-call-for-action-craig-ramage-max-lowe-kick-it-out

BlodwynPig

bigfatheart

Quote from: kalowski on February 17, 2020, 08:00:15 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/16/bbc-pundits-derby-young-black-lads-sparks-call-for-action-craig-ramage-max-lowe-kick-it-out

As a Derby fan I'm absolutely fucking delighted that Ramage has shown his true colours and likely got himself fucked off permanently. He's absolute shite, a shit-stirrer who's been irritatingly popular with our worst kind of fans and the only surprise is that it's taken him this long to out himself as a bigot as well as a thick, ignorant cunt. Also, his brother once cut me off at a crossroads when I had right of way.

bgmnts

Fucksake he was offside, the VAR showed he was offside.

Football people are annoying as fuck.

chveik

bgmnts

Brought Mount into my fantasy team and he has an assist disallowed and hit the post. My jinx abilities are second to none.

Listening to Chelsea fan's xenophobic screams is quite fun.

Marner and Me

How the fuck do Man Utd win? First time I have ever done a Fantasy Football, just to shove it up the bollocks of my football spotter friends (currently 7th out of 18) For someone who has seen 3 PL games this season, I think I'm doing well. From my limited knowledge Man Utd are toss and shouldn't be winning games. TWATS

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Marner and Me on February 17, 2020, 11:03:25 PM
How the fuck do Man Utd win? First time I have ever done a Fantasy Football, just to shove it up the bollocks of my football spotter friends (currently 7th out of 18) For someone who has seen 3 PL games this season, I think I'm doing well. From my limited knowledge Man Utd are toss and shouldn't be winning games. TWATS
If it had been Palace at home or something, then OK, but that's three wins on the bounce for them at Stamford Bridge now. Bank on them to balls it up at the weekend.

Crabwalk

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 14, 2020, 08:49:59 PM
Eh? Fucking hell. I dont look at the table as we're doomed already. How has Norwood been? We got former goal machine mark I back but have scored 2 since christmas. Dont tell me Sunderland are getting promoted too

Norwood started the season quite well, but has dropped in form markedly the past few months and is now out of the starting 11. Missing loads of chances and generally low on confidence. His hair transplant's looking quite good though.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Crabwalk on February 18, 2020, 10:58:52 AM
Norwood started the season quite well, but has dropped in form markedly the past few months and is now out of the starting 11. Missing loads of chances and generally low on confidence. His hair transplant's looking quite good though.

So, you fucked up a good player and fucked us in the process. *joking*

weekender

Quote from: bigfatheart on February 17, 2020, 10:57:50 AM
As a Derby fan I'm absolutely fucking delighted that Ramage has shown his true colours and likely got himself fucked off permanently. He's absolute shite, a shit-stirrer who's been irritatingly popular with our worst kind of fans and the only surprise is that it's taken him this long to out himself as a bigot as well as a thick, ignorant cunt. Also, his brother once cut me off at a crossroads when I had right of way.

The interesting thing is that he's probably got a point about the attitude of young players in football nowadays.

Quote from: CRAIG RAMAGEWhen I look at certain players, their body language, their stance, the way they act, you just feel, hold on a minute, he needs pulling down a peg or two.

So I'd probably say that about all the young black lads, all the young advice if they wanted it, that, you know, it's about, when you are struggling for form, you are going through a sticky patch, it's about going back to basics, working hard, and doing the right things.

The absolute cretinous and unjustifiable thing is that he uses the word 'black' - take that word out and I'd probably agree with everything he's saying.

bgmnts

That was like watching One Punch Man get chinned! Exciting.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Probably a bit lazy itself to refer to young players like that. They have a far more abstemious lifestyle that previous pros had, and bear in mind these weren't young pros even in the 90s, it was the senior ones setting the bad example. When you hear the likes of Keown talk they haven't got a fucking clue. They are just hard men convinced they were right because their particular team were successful. Unlike all the inferior heavy drinking Soz guv hard men acts up and down the league who weren't.

The competition for a professional playing role in football has never been tougher and just like every job where that's the case, the sacrifices and rigour requires to succeed are what makes the difference, unless you have the right name or contacts to get by on nepotism.

Clearly there's an issue with players getting rich quick and too young, but that's something imposed on young impressionable not worldly wise kids. With someone like Ravel Morrisons the supermarket he just didn't come from a background nor was he equipped with the mental strength to make the most of his talent. But there are a fucking shit load that are.

bgmnts

It was exciting for about 2 minutes until I realised its Atletico Madrid, a cunt team even by spanish standards.

Chollis

Conceding a cheap goal early away at Atleti, the one thing we didn't want to happen. Bus parking and histrionics for the remaining 85 mins

bgmnts

Gutted I have to watch another 90 minutes of these cunts.

Watching Simeone go mental pumping up the crowd every time one of his players falls over like a sack of shit is amazingly funny to be fair though.

Chollis

Grim stuff that. It's effective though. Gonna turn them over at Anfield, cigs

bgmnts

Dortmund beat PSG 2-1, Can may have found his club, played well.

Haaland scored his 399th an 400th champions league goals.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Chollis on February 18, 2020, 08:59:54 PM
Conceding a cheap goal early away at Atleti, the one thing we didn't want to happen. Bus parking and histrionics for the remaining 85 mins

175 minutes you mean.

I want to like Atlético as the hip alternative to the big two in Spain but they're just too gittish (for all that it made me laugh when Klopp said he took Mané off because he was worried Atlético players were going down too easily).
One can certainly see them Mourinhoing a 0-0 or 1-2 away goals win at Anfield. Could be one of those unbearably tense attack v defence games.