Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:25:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Rooney returns

Started by king_tubby, January 01, 2020, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

DrGreggles

They are great to watch, especially in the league.
But you'd have to expect that to a degree from a side who have spluffed so much on their attack that they can't buy any defenders or FFP will come a-knocking.
See the first 2 Bordeaux goals as a prime example.

EOLAN

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 22, 2020, 02:20:40 PM
VAR review possible red card, say no foul.
10 minutes later they change their mind and say it should be a red card.
Why not send him off when they changed their mind?

Fair call. Although if that happened, I would look forward to the game where a player initially got red-carded on review; which was deemed to be a bad call a few minutes later. Having to quickly get him out of the shower and back on the field of play.

holyzombiejesus

They've banned heading for primary school kids football. Just said on the news that former footballers who head the ball are 3 1/2 times more likely to die of neurodegenerative disease. Will we get to the point where it's banned in 'real' football or will they have to start using those light balls from pound shops?

DrGreggles

Quote from: EOLAN on February 24, 2020, 10:16:48 AM
Fair call. Although if that happened, I would look forward to the game where a player initially got red-carded on review; which was deemed to be a bad call a few minutes later. Having to quickly get him out of the shower and back on the field of play.

Doubt they'd admit the fuck up in that scenario.
In fact I'm surprised they admitted it at all.

Self sabotage?

bgmnts

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on February 24, 2020, 12:09:30 PM
They've banned heading for primary school kids football. Just said on the news that former footballers who head the ball are 3 1/2 times more likely to die of neurodegenerative disease.

How many footballers using contemporary balls have died of neurodegenerative disease? Its not like Jeff Astle heading basically a rock with a pig bladder around it.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: bgmnts on February 24, 2020, 12:31:23 PM
How many footballers using contemporary balls have died of neurodegenerative disease?

Let you know when I get back from the year 2050.

Inspector Norse

Will we get to the point where it's banned in 'real' football or will they have to start using those light balls from pound shops?

What, Adidas Jabulanis?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

They've banned heading for primary school kids football. Just said on the news that former footballers who head the ball are 3 1/2 times more likely to die of neurodegenerative disease. Will we get to the point where it's banned in 'real' football or will they have to start using those light balls from pound shops?

Only the upside there's a lot less brain to degenerate.

When we play 5 a side anything above shoulder height is banned though technically you can head the ball if you fancy doing a diving header on some AstroTurf.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 24, 2020, 09:34:56 AM
They are great to watch, especially in the league.
But you'd have to expect that to a degree from a side who have spluffed so much on their attack that they can't buy any defenders or FFP will come a-knocking.
See the first 2 Bordeaux goals as a prime example.

It's that and a kind of impossible to guard against complacency that no matter how much they let in they can just send the ball upfront and fuck teams hard. Playing on cheat mode in a shit league, they're right 95% of the time.

Dortmund think this applies to them too but it doesn't, they still lose or draw a dozen games against teams lower than them, allowing the slightly more stodgy but nevertheless complete Bayern to win year after year.

bgmnts

Dortmund have Håland to score 5 in a game for them but little else.

PSG have Neymar, Mbappe, di Maria, Icardi and Cavani. Bit spoilt.

bgmnts

How is PSG's defence so shit when it has the likes of Thiago Silva, Meunier, Bernat, Kurzawa and Marquinhos in it?

chveik

4-2-4 isn't the most balanced system.

chveik

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 24, 2020, 12:49:05 PM
It's that and a kind of impossible to guard against complacency that no matter how much they let in they can just send the ball upfront and fuck teams hard. Playing on cheat mode in a shit league, they're right 95% of the time.

Oi!

Wonderful Butternut

DrGreggles

Liverpool on the same points now as Man U's 1999 side finished with.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 25, 2020, 08:00:02 AM
Liverpool on the same points now as Man U's 1999 side finished with.

Yes, that would be the case if you've only drawn 1 all season

DrGreggles

Yes, that's how the league works.

It's more the comparison with a side who often get referred to as one of the greatest ever.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 25, 2020, 08:49:51 AM

It's more the comparison with a side who often get referred to as one of the greatest ever.

well this Liverpool team are far off that status...far far off - in fact they can never become the greatest ever because we live in a simulator

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 25, 2020, 08:49:51 AM

PRIZES ARE HANDED OOT a' THA END OF THE SEASON March if you're Liverpool or involved in the League Cup

Inspector Norse

Very nice goal from Dries Mertens there had me nodding in appreciation.

His celebration had me wanting to waterboard him.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 25, 2020, 01:07:08 PM
PRIZES ARE HANDED OOT a' THA END OF THE SEASON March if you're Liverpool or involved in the League Cup

TELL THAT TO THE FUCKING OSCARS, SONNY!

bgmnts

Much like Spurs, Chelsea are getting Gnabry'd here.

Mobius

Remember when Arsenal sold Serge Gnabry for 5 mill?

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Mobius on February 25, 2020, 09:15:28 PM

Or when Tony Pulis said, and I quote, he was "not at the level to play for West Bromwich Albion"?

dr beat

Tranmere go 2-0 up at Shrewsbury, pegged back to 2-2, then nick it 5mins into added time.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: dr beat on February 25, 2020, 09:57:54 PM
Tranmere go 2-0 up at Shrewsbury, pegged back to 2-2, then nick it 5mins into added time.

First win of the year in the league ! Wont help us, but offsets the annual Bristol City implosion

DrGreggles

Quote from: Inspector Norse on February 25, 2020, 09:23:43 PM
Or when Tony Pulis said, and I quote, he was "not at the level to play for West Bromwich Albion"?

To be fair, he was right.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Mobius on February 25, 2020, 09:15:28 PM

Always felt that was weird. He looked pretty good virtually continually.