Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,549,371
  • Total Topics: 106,172
  • Online Today: 659
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:36:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Rooney returns

Started by king_tubby, January 01, 2020, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Has anyone actually drank Carabao? It's not even the most popular energy drink in Thailand apparently.

Mr Eggs

The Culture Bunker

United have got several players tonight (Jones, Pereira, Fred, the post-World Cup Lingard) who just aren't very good at football. Best hope they have is that City decide to don the pipe and slippers second half.

bgmnts

The gulf between 3rd and 5th here. The fact that Man Utd are somehow 5th at the moment is pretty spectacular.

Ferris

Quote from: bgmnts on January 07, 2020, 08:33:45 PM
Has anyone actually drank Carabao? It's not even the most popular energy drink in Thailand apparently.

Is carabao a drink then? I've often wondered, not enough to check obviously

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: bgmnts on January 07, 2020, 09:01:27 PM
The gulf between 3rd and 5th here. The fact that Man Utd are somehow 5th at the moment is pretty spectacular.
The fact we beat them, and deserved to, not that long ago suggests that Scott McTominay is one the best players in the country. Maybe even the galaxy.

kalowski

The sight of Mahrez skinning Phil Jones and Jones pulling up with cramp was a joy to behold.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: kalowski on January 07, 2020, 09:44:32 PM
The sight of Mahrez skinning Phil Jones and Jones pulling up with cramp was a joy to behold.
No, that's just his face's natural expression.

bgmnts

Quote from: kalowski on January 07, 2020, 09:44:32 PM

Coming soon to Nutflix.

kalowski

Bennett Brauer

Bronzy

BlodwynPig

Benfica - 1 defeat no draws all season, 1-0 down at home to rock bottom Deportivo Aves

The Magicao of the Portuguese league

BlodwynPig

No surprise, the ever reliable Pizzi (Pen, 76) gets them out of jail

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

2nd place, 1 defeat Porto now 1-0 down to lowly opposition

2-1 Porto is my preddo, 89 winner

Just a fucking hunch

DrGreggles

Obviously VAR is a twat, but at some point (probably quite soon) there will be a lengthy and very entertaining YouTube compilation video of players/managers enthusiastically celebrating subsequently disallowed goals.

BlodwynPig

There you go, 2-1 Porto, Penno as well

BlodwynPig

Inspector Norse

Man City fan gets five-year ban from all football and lifetime ban from the club for using racist word when celebrating Sterling goal.

Bernardo Silva gets £90k a week.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 10, 2020, 09:55:34 PM
Obviously VAR is a twat, but at some point (probably quite soon) there will be a lengthy and very entertaining YouTube compilation video of players/managers enthusiastically celebrating subsequently disallowed goals.

I want the compilation where they say how useful it was one week and how the game is gone the next. Should already be plenty of material.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 11, 2020, 08:39:40 AM
I want the compilation where they say how useful it was one week and how the game is gone the next. Should already be plenty of material.

Doubt I'd watch that.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Bennett Brauer

Has Private Eye done a cartoon yet of someone waiting at the Pearly Gates while St Peter and some seraphim consult VAR?  It isn't a funny idea so they probably have.

Inspector Norse

VAR got it exactly right on the Aubemayang red there, everyone in the stadium saw the challenge on the big screen, so what exactly did Arsenal hope to achieve by several of their players surrounding the ref and whining at him for minutes afterwards? Why is this tolerated in football?

bgmnts

I mean why is any of the shit tolerated in football that is, its a sport sadly associated with a cunt culture.

Thursday

People go apeshit at literally every single use of VAR at this point.

"OOH WHAT IS THIS? VAR INTERRUPTING THE GAME AGAIN?!?!?!"

It's supposed to change some decisions you cretinous cunts.

Thursday

Random question, but at what point was it that there was a shift between two people taking kick-off and one person taking kick-off?

sevendaughters

Quote from: Thursday on January 11, 2020, 04:06:45 PM
Random question, but at what point was it that there was a shift between two people taking kick-off and one person taking kick-off?

The rule was changed in 2016.

JarrowMonkey

Fucking Dover bastards

Ghosted in at end