Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:25:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Rooney returns

Started by king_tubby, January 01, 2020, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Are Liverpool gonna go the whole season unbeaten? 38 games now. 16 points clear with a game in hand. Just set a record across the top 5 European leagues for best start to a season. They're a force to be reckoned with, Clive..

bgmnts

They don't pook like losing but they looked absolutely fucked that second half. Surprised the extra congested Christmas period combined with a few injuries hasn't caught up with them yet. It surely has to at some point.

The Culture Bunker

I'm not sure they'll go the whole season unbeaten - if they get through the next round in Europe, then they'll probably be able to rest the entire first choice XI for every game after the end of this month and still win the league, thus enabling them to go for the Treble.

EOLAN

Quote from: solidified gruel merchant on January 11, 2020, 09:29:03 PM
Are Liverpool gonna go the whole season unbeaten? 38 games now. 16 points clear with a game in hand. Just set a record across the top 5 European leagues for best start to a season. They're a force to be reckoned with, Clive..

Are we just talking Premier League. Already lost to Napoli and Aston Villa.

Quote from: bgmnts on January 11, 2020, 09:39:05 PM
They don't pook like losing but they looked absolutely fucked that second half. Surprised the extra congested Christmas period combined with a few injuries hasn't caught up with them yet. It surely has to at some point.

Lance Armstrong called. He wants his blood back.

DrGreggles

Bournemouth may be a wee bit in the shit.

kalowski

Danny Drinkwater beating Villa on his own.

DrGreggles

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten that Man City are really good.

weekender

If Grealish and Rodri don't end up having a massive fist fight resulting in them both getting sent off, I'm going to be slightly disappointed.

kalowski

I like Jack Grealish. I've always had a soft spot for players who aren't as good as they think they are.

Ferris

DrGreggles

Top Willie Young-esque professional/bastard foul in the Spanish Super Copa Final.

As it was Morata I'd have taken my chances...

chveik

PSG v Monaco 3 - 2 after 45 min. quite tasty

BlodwynPig

Quote from: chveik on January 12, 2020, 08:55:46 PM
PSG v Monaco 3 - 2 after 45 min. quite tasty
3-3

Sad to see the rehabilitation of Monaco.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 12, 2020, 08:28:52 PM
Top Willie Young-esque professional/bastard foul in the Spanish Super Copa Final.

As it was Morata I'd have taken my chances...

Played in Saudi Arabia.

These rich Arabs are destroying everything i dont hold dear

chveik

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 12, 2020, 09:42:06 PM
3-3

Sad to see the rehabilitation of Monaco.

it was enjoyable though, in a beige kind of way

BlodwynPig

imitationleather

Spurs are apparently about to make a signing.

Guy currently at Napoli. Anyone know about him? The name's Fernando Llorente.

Ferris

Sounds very good, could be the difference in that squad.

Captain Z

He's only the player Andy Carroll could have been.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Inspector Norse on January 11, 2020, 02:00:34 PM
VAR got it exactly right on the Aubemayang red there, everyone in the stadium saw the challenge on the big screen, so what exactly did Arsenal hope to achieve by several of their players surrounding the ref and whining at him for minutes afterwards? Why is this tolerated in football?

Ah! Seems that in some situations you can bully the ref!

Oldham were leading Macclesfield 1-0 in stoppage time on Saturday when David Wheater blocked a shot on the goalline. The ref waved away appeals for handball but changed his mind, to Oldham's disgust, after vociferous protests from Macclesfield. Wheater got a red card, Macclesfield scored the penalty, and so the basement six-pointer was drawn instead of Oldham taking the win.

Except now Wheater's red card has been overturned on appeal as video evidence showed it wasn't handball.

Do we get the two points back as well, then?

bgmnts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51107343

Still a post-football career more honourable than being a Sky or BBC pundit though.

ersatz99

One for yer pub quiz: which fans will have to turn up at their own ground for their next cup tie in the away end?

Chollis

monkfromhavana

Quote from: ersatz99 on January 15, 2020, 12:23:22 PM
One for yer pub quiz: which fans will have to turn up at their own ground for their next cup tie in the away end?

Which fans will have to turn up at an away ground for a home FA Cup tie against the away team playing at home at a stadium they don't own.

Inspector Norse

Erling Håland has just scored a hat-trick on his Bundesliga debut.

bgmnts

Crystal Palace beating Man City 1-0 at the Etihad.

I'll get slaughtered for this opinion but I honestly think Guardiola is the most overrated manager going. Just walked into some of the easiest jobs in Europe it seems.

BlodwynPig

A Southampton fan crowing "Saints for Europe" at 2-0...2-3 now, still crowing?

BlodwynPig

Fuck Aguerrrrroooooooooo
Fuck Ipswich Town

bgmnts

Utter cunt Fernandinho to score the own goal that cruelly snuffs out their comeback is gloriously sweet. Pure ambrosia.