Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,462
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:12:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2020 - Rooney returns

Started by king_tubby, January 01, 2020, 10:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

Quote from: kitsofan34 on March 22, 2020, 02:00:46 PM
What are sky sports news talking about at the moment?

What are sky and bt showing on air?

The best of the football

BlodwynPig

BBC Sport top news item - Fellaini tests positive for Coronavirus

Slow news day?

Quote"During this period, the player's body temperature has been normal and there are no other discomforts. He has received further observation and treatment at a designated medical institution."

BOOM!

DrGreggles

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 22, 2020, 02:05:50 PM
2004-5 season recap from all who was there.

Ronnie Wallwork: A Life

250 Greatest Blocks

Martin Tyler's Greatest Ejaculations is on at the moment.

Beagle 2

1001 inconsequential Non-League Throw-Ins with Steve Chettle.

BlodwynPig

John Wark Presents 50 Greatest Floodlight Failures of the Eighties

John Wark presents highlights of the best floodlight failures in English football during the 1980s. Wark, who holds the record for playing in most games abandoned or delayed due to floodlight failures (12), takes a head-on look at the facts and figures of a half-century of electricity calamities*.

*Only 7 of the 50 matches have TV footage of the incidents, so Wark recreates the other 43 using a mixture of torches, candles and an Ipswich Town duvet cover

Inspector Norse

Interview with Harry Redknapp who's selling barrels of hand sanitizer out the boot of his Bentley

Inspector Norse

Jackanory Special fictional football tournament written by Steve Bruce and read aloud by Jonathan Pearce

Semi-finals tonight
Melchester Rovers v Neasden United
The Hurricanes v Glipton Grasshoppers

Ferris

Quote from: Inspector Norse on March 22, 2020, 05:57:00 PM
Interview with Harry Redknapp who's selling barrels of hand sanitizer out the boot of his Bentley

"30p a scoop NO DOUBLE DIPPING"

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Chris Kiwomya's 15 Top Terrace Bangers

MersOn: Trans Issues Special

Long Ball: Social Distancing Achieved?

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Inspector Norse on March 22, 2020, 06:01:23 PM
Jackanory Special fictional football tournament written by Steve Bruce and read aloud by Jonathan Pearce

Semi-finals tonight
Melchester Rovers v Neasden United
The Hurricanes v Glipton Grasshoppers
Those Hurriance twats robbed Dunmore United in the quarters with their cartoon antics. Fancy Neasden to beat Melchester, unless big Dunc McKay recovers from that headband-related injury.

finnquark

Inter vs Juve from March 2002. Two absolute Seedorf bangers, Hector Cuper vs Marcello Lippi and Caressa in full flow.

https://footballia.net/matches/fc-internazionale-juventus-fc-serie-a-2001-2002

DrGreggles

Full Matches & Shows are putting full coverage of 'classic' games up at the moment.

Including the match that I probably laughed at more than any other:
https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2020/03/18/ucl-classics-chelsea-v-barcelona-semi-finals-2nd-leg-6th-may-2009/

BlodwynPig

bgmnts

Oh yes! Skipped right to the Iniesta goal.

Glorious.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on March 22, 2020, 07:44:34 PM
Anyone can hit and hope to be fair.

you can fuck off Foz...I admit it was spoiled by his Bebeto celebration

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Key to that seemed to be the keeper assuming he was crossing the ball.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 22, 2020, 07:49:47 PM
Key to that seemed to be the keeper assuming he was crossing the ball.

it was much better when I first saw it - in my memory the ball went like a fucking rocket and didn't lose any height and he was on the half way line...here it looks like a decent strike with pace but much closer in and slight dip. slow motion does NOTHING for it

chveik

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 22, 2020, 07:41:26 PM
Full Matches & Shows are putting full coverage of 'classic' games up at the moment.

going for a rewatch of Brazil v Germany 2014 I reckon

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 22, 2020, 07:51:07 PM
it was much better when I first saw it - in my memory the ball went like a fucking rocket and didn't lose any height and he was on the half way line...here it looks like a decent strike with pace but much closer in and slight dip. slow motion does NOTHING for it

Still looks like that from the pitchside camera, looks a bit less good from behind the goal though.

lankyguy95

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 22, 2020, 07:41:26 PM

Including the match that I probably laughed at more than any other:
https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2020/03/18/ucl-classics-chelsea-v-barcelona-semi-finals-2nd-leg-6th-may-2009/
That will never not be funny.

Sheffield Wednesday

I guess it was inevitable and I know plenty on here and elsewhere will be disappointed, especially in Ireland and North Wales, but it's good to see that the EPL chiefs have finally seen sense. I wonder whether the reds will be able to get back up to speed in time for the next season whenever it begins, or will City and United cull their deadwood and start spending similar sums on centre backs and goalkeepers and restore order? They've ridden their luck for a good few months so you'd have to expect that this break will reset fortunes all round. All the best to all football fans out there.

DrGreggles

He's like a less witty Richard Keys.

Sheffield Wednesday

If anyone thinks I'm being unkind here, please remember that many of my friends and family suffer even worse because they have to endure my extreme sadism dressed up as disingenuous obsequiousness. I regularly channel my ecstatic hatred through boundless effusive praise for Mr Klopp and his magnificent young team. I offer lofty saccharine deference to young Trent and Joe, the very backbone of the England side for years to come. I salute the wizardry of Harvey, a mere schoolboy, and to the indefatigability of Sadio - a Super Sub for the 21st century. He would walk into the Real Madrid side, I can tell you that much! I don't know what Mr Klopp says to them in that Anfield dressing room but my goodness, he's got them playing like world beaters - and believing they are, too. The fairest thing would be to simply hand them their trophy now. We may never see their like again.

bgmnts

Sadio Sadio Trent Trent Monster Klopp sounds like one of your japanese shooting games.

I would play that.

DrGreggles

The rather good December 2006 Goal of the Month competition seems to be trending on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/bernardooooV3/status/1242030690767536129

#HuddTheThud

DrGreggles

Quote from: bgmnts on March 23, 2020, 03:34:24 PM
Sadio Sadio Trent Trent Monster Klopp sounds like one of your japanese shooting games.

I think it will make a worthy successor to Takeshi's Castle.

EOLAN

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 23, 2020, 03:37:38 PM
The rather good December 2006 Goal of the Month competition seems to be trending on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/bernardooooV3/status/1242030690767536129

#HuddTheThud

Yeboah aside; I am more of a mazy half-controlled long distance dribble type guy.

DrGreggles

Quote from: EOLAN on March 23, 2020, 03:46:32 PM
I am more of a mazy half-controlled long distance dribble type guy.

Just like my Grandad in his final days... RIP