Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:48:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

2019 Xbone or PS4?

Started by Johnny Textface, January 02, 2020, 03:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Textface

I'm not a massive gamer but hoping to get back into it this year.

I've got the cash and will probably pick up one of these consoles but which is best? What do people think of Gamepass? Is there an equivalent on PS?

Most of my friends are on Xbox. I am very interested in FF7 remake.

Which is best?

Pink Gregory

Xbone game pass is good value but in terms of exclusives it's a bit lacking. 

PS4 is probably better all round for game availability, but I can't vouch for the price of the games.

Famous Mortimer

The Game Pass is pretty good, get yourself a code for three months, so you don't accidentally keep a subscription for too long, and have a good time.

Barry Admin

Backwards compatibility is ace on Xbone too. PS deffo better for exclusives these days, aye.

Most of your mates being on Xbox seems like a good reason to get one, tbh.

QDRPHNC

I had the PS4 then I went with the XBox One X. I prefer the latter, but you'll have lots of fun with either.

Bazooka

There isn't much in it, I only have PS4, 2 games every month with PS plus, sucks that you can't play ps3 games on it, I have piles of them

Blue Jam

There's supposed to be a new gen Xbox out this year if you'd rather wait for that.

Got an Xbone in 2016 and still love it. PS4 gets some good exclusives and I may still get one eventually.

Beagle 2

If you want to play lots of games for a bit like me then definitely Xbox. At the moment I've got game pass at a quid for three months and EA Access which I think is like £4 a month. It's ludicrously good value. I don't give a fuck about not having the games to keep though, if that's going to bother you.

GTA V just added to Game Pass as well. Time to play it on my third console then!

Mister Six

I have a PS4, but really if all your mates have an Xbone and the PS4 exclusives aren't to your taste, then you should follow their lead. Personally the horrible shoulder buttons on the Xbone were what put me off it after I'd previously switched from PS2 to 360, but if you've played at your mates' houses and it works for you, that seems to be the way forward.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Beagle 2 on January 03, 2020, 02:09:07 PM
GTA V just added to Game Pass as well. Time to play it on my third console then!

Ooooooh, cheers for the heads-up! Yes, Game Pass is good, get that rather than the vanilla Games With Gold because the free games are all crap now.

Thursday

If you're big into online games, then it might make sense to where your mates go to play with them, but if that's not really your cup of tea, and it doesn't sound like it is, then it doesn't really matter. If FF7 remake is your thing then go there, but there's a not lot in it with exclusives these days, but certainly JRPG's will often pop up on Playstation, but not Xbox.

beanheadmcginty

I've yet to pay anything near full price for Game Pass and I've had it on and off since last spring. They have introductory offers so frequently and they don't care if you've used an introductory offer previously. So they're just offers really. Currently it's a quid for 3 months.

VelourSpirit

The PS5/next Xbox will be out in November-ish and they'll probably be able to play PS4/Xbone games if you can wait that long. Depends if there's anything you're desperate to play really.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: TwinPeaks on January 04, 2020, 06:18:29 PM
The PS5/next Xbox will be out in November-ish and they'll probably be able to play PS4/Xbone games if you can wait that long. Depends if there's anything you're desperate to play really.
Why do you think there'll be widespread backwards compatibility? I don't really notice, but someone on here was complaining about not being able to play PS3 games on their PS4.

Thursday

There's been some industry noises suggesting it'll be the case.

Xbox have already been starting to allow more backwards compatibility, which also puts the pressure on Sony to do it to keep up.