Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:14:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Obvious Things You 0nly Just Realised - 2020

Started by Icehaven, January 02, 2020, 09:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Patrick Warburton didn't play the janitor on Scrubs.

touchingcloth

Voting has been going on for weeks in some states. In-person as opposed to mail-in.

Norton Canes

Loomis was in league with Myers all along

(Only seen the first movie, this Saturday just gone, but... come on, it's 0bvious, isn't it?)

Paul Calf

"Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey" was written by Paul and Linda in 1971, and not composed specifically for the OFAH episode where Durinerwor rambles on about roof graffiti while mugging at St Katherine Docks.

I feel like such a berk.

Mr Banlon

"Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."
It's a reference to Pete 'Best', not Ringo being a shit drummer.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Mr Banlon on November 03, 2020, 07:18:13 AM

That's quite the showstopper

Paul Calf

Ringo Of The Beatles doesn't actually contain any new Beatles material. It was cynically marketed by Paul McCartney, and Lennon had him killed when he sliced the brakes on his car in 1966 because he was so angry.

Menu

LOL

JesusAndYourBush

The quote is often attributed to John Lennon but he never said it.  People usually say Jasper Carrott said it, which he may have, but the earliest appearance of the quote is in an episode of "Radio Active", 6th Oct 1981.

https://twitter.com/marklewisohn/status/1147844671978258432

JaDanketies

Quote from: thecuriousorange on November 03, 2020, 02:25:35 PM
YMCA is actually a really good song.

even better when you're not in lockdown but are instead a little bit buzzed and having a dance with people from all generations.

You Sexy Thing is also a great song and it elicits a similar vibe with me. You just can't help but picture the guy smiling when you hear it.

SpiderChrist

That
Spoiler alert
Arthur's death
[close]
in my second play of RDR2 is going to
Spoiler alert
make me cry again
[close]

Norton Canes

Icehaven

phes

SpiderChrist

Dex Sawash

Paul Calf

When people talk about 'Malala', they're not mispronouncing the name of Obama's elder daughter. I mean, I know who Malala is, but for some reason this never occurred to me.

touchingcloth

I don't know if this is an actual thing or just an example of The Quality of Writing on the BBC Website, but I just read an article which described QAnon as an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory. It doesn't surprise me if true, it's just I thought it was about the peodos rather than the Jews.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 07, 2020, 03:06:46 PM
I don't know if this is an actual thing or just an example of The Quality of Writing on the BBC Website, but I just read an article which described QAnon as an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory. It doesn't surprise me if true, it's just I thought it was about the peodos rather than the Jews.
The quick summary of QAnon isn't about Jews, but many of the central ideas and theories within QAnon feature the Rothschilds and George Soros (who are rich and Jewish), and it closely resembles older theories about rich, powerful Jews sacrificing children in depraved blood rituals (Protocols of the Elders of Zion etc). It's a bit like David Icke and his alien lizards: superficially it may not look to be antisemitic, but he hangs out with a lot of anti-semites and shares a lot of antisemitic stuff, and he's not going to stop you if you interpret it to be about evil, all-powerful Jews.

touchingcloth

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on November 07, 2020, 07:21:29 PM
The quick summary of QAnon isn't about Jews, but many of the central ideas and theories within QAnon feature the Rothschilds and George Soros (who are rich and Jewish), and it closely resembles older theories about rich, powerful Jews sacrificing children in depraved blood rituals (Protocols of the Elders of Zion etc). It's a bit like David Icke and his alien lizards: superficially it may not look to be antisemitic, but he hangs out with a lot of anti-semites and shares a lot of antisemitic stuff, and he's not going to stop you if you interpret it to be about evil, all-powerful Jews.

"Old theories". They're still sacrificing children to this day, when they get time off from poisoning the wells at least.

touchingcloth

Those rubbish chutes you see on the upper floor of flats in films don't go to a furnace, just a room of rubbish.

Conscience. Con + science.

NoSleep

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 07, 2020, 10:23:07 PM
Conscience. Con + science.

= "with knowledge", but it's only one particular type of knowledge [nb]Compared to "prescience" or "omniscience" for example.[/nb]; knowledge of guilt.

zomgmouse

dissolute ocelot

Gulftastic

Watching the Peter Kaye Amarillo video (now they figured out how to crop out Savile) I realised that about a third of the celebs featured are now dead.

touchingcloth

Red for Republican and blue for Democrat only began to be used consistently starting with the 2000 presidential election.

Paul Calf

...and it's the wrong way round, if you accept the convention that Red=Left and Blue=Right

NoSleep

Quote from: zomgmouse on November 09, 2020, 07:15:08 AM
engine
engineer

Engineer is not derived from engine but the other way round. Engineer derives from the latin ingeniator, sharing common roots with the word ingenious.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 09, 2020, 10:09:23 AM
...and it's the wrong way round, if you accept the convention that Red=Left and Blue=Right

Aye, the convention is meaningless but the British colour coding predates the American one. Apparently some networks used to go with red for left and blue for right, but at some point one network made the decision that the current way was more logically correct because Red = Republican. Jesus wept if so.