Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:40:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Obvious Things You 0nly Just Realised - 2020

Started by Icehaven, January 02, 2020, 09:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Aled Jones didn't sing Walking in the Air on The Snowmans.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 26, 2020, 06:17:41 PM

It was Vinnie Jones, Did it to get his Equity card.

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 26, 2020, 06:17:41 PM

How is that, in any way, obvoious?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Special K on November 26, 2020, 06:54:17 PM
How is that, in any way, obvoious?

When I was a kid, I remember Aled Jones' name being linked with the song. I'd always assumed that was because he had sung it on the cartoon.

Replies From View

touchingcloth

Wayne Sleep who gets mentioned in a conversation between Alan Partridge and Tex is a ballet dancer.

touchingcloth

The "O" in Jackie O isn't from her maiden name.

Replies From View

No it's from the pasta version of herself sold in the US

NoSleep

sirhenry

Hand Solo

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 27, 2020, 11:37:59 PM
The "O" in Jackie O isn't from her maiden name.

It's from the "O" face she made watching Jack star in the Texas Brainsore Massacre.

touchingcloth

Despite being an Oasis fan I've never listened to Liam Gallagher side project Beady Eye, but I've just realised that their name isn't B.D.I.

magval

Painstaking.

To take pains, pains-taking. Not to stake pain, as in to gamble that the task might cause physical or mental pain. Pain-staking. NOT that.

touchingcloth

Quote from: magval on December 01, 2020, 11:22:59 PM
Painstaking.

To take pains, pains-taking. Not to stake pain, as in to gamble that the task might cause physical or mental pain. Pain-staking. NOT that.

Fuck me. But first I would like to say that I have also never realised this origin of painstaking before, and I am quite surprised to realise it.

Cuellar

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 28, 2020, 08:00:04 PM
Despite being an Oasis fan I've never listened to Liam Gallagher side project Beady Eye, but I've just realised that their name isn't B.D.I.
Though you may score much higher on it after listening to them.

magval

Quote from: touchingcloth on December 01, 2020, 11:53:51 PM
Fuck me. But first I would like to say that I have also never realised this origin of painstaking before, and I am quite surprised to realise it.

It only occured to me because Norm Macdonald clearly pronounces it as pains-taking in his audiobook.

Ray Travez

Ears don't have a hole in the skull that carries the noise into the brain. Ears are entirely external. That's why when you go under at the swimming baths, your head doesn't fill up with water. I am 49 years old.

Hand Solo

Quote from: Ray Travez on December 03, 2020, 12:41:12 AM
Ears don't have a hole in the skull that carries the noise into the brain. Ears are entirely external. That's why when you go under at the swimming baths, your head doesn't fill up with water. I am 49 years old.

Or when you hold your mouth and nose and breath out your ears don't whistle..

Hand Solo

Quote from: Ray Travez on December 03, 2020, 12:45:34 AM
they don't?

I suppose they could if you had perforated eardrums.

Got your knitting needles at the ready?

Paul Calf

The Farage Photoshop Thread is brilliant, but I can't do too much of it at the same time, and it's because an overdose of that smug Nazi billionaire cunt just makes me feel queasy.

Poobum

Quote from: Ray Travez on December 03, 2020, 12:41:12 AM

I was fascinated to learn that the ear bones are highly specialized jaw bones, and that you can diagnose whether a fossil skull of reptile like creatures are stem-mammals by if/and how far along the modification process they are.

Paul Calf

touchingcloth

Quote from: Paul Calf on December 03, 2020, 10:54:40 AM
^ That's probably a FMH moment for me.

It's great, right? One of those facts which causes a lot of cognitive dissonance for creationists. See also the flippers of dolphins and wales and (less surprisingly, somehow) the wings of bats containing the same bone structures as the five fingers of our hands, and a horse's leg below the ankle containing the same bone structure as our middle toes.

JesusAndYourBush

And giraffes having the same number of bones in their necks as humans.

JaDanketies

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on December 03, 2020, 01:00:17 PM
And giraffes having the same number of bones in their necks as humans.

There was that programme Inside Nature's Giants where it revealed some nerve goes from a giraffe's head all the way down a giraffe's neck and then all the way back up again to connect with another part of its head, rather than just go two inches to the side. Cos this is what it's like in other mammals with normal necks, cos evolution.

Twonty Gostelow

Sebastian Cobb

Imagine what we'd know if we successfully demystified their anus'.

Paul Calf

Quote from: JaDanketies on December 03, 2020, 01:07:01 PM
There was that programme Inside Nature's Giants where it revealed some nerve goes from a giraffe's head all the way down a giraffe's neck and then all the way back up again to connect with another part of its head, rather than just go two inches to the side. Cos this is what it's like in other mammals with normal necks, cos evolution.

That sounds like a project I once worked on.