Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:52:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Obvious Things You 0nly Just Realised - 2020

Started by Icehaven, January 02, 2020, 09:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

studpuppet

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 15, 2020, 11:37:37 PM
My Renault 4 has two separate front seats. What year was this, pardon for asking?

Quote from: Endicott on February 16, 2020, 11:43:44 AM
1967 probably.

https://www.renault4.co.uk/gordini-finished.htm

Ours was a '69:

I had a '75 Citroen Ami estate in my twenties that also had a bench seat though - you could remove front and back benches in about ten minutes, and use them as two sofas for a fume-infused picnic in a lay-by if you fancied it.

buzby

Quote from: studpuppet on February 18, 2020, 11:01:42 AM
Quote from: touchingcloth on February 15, 2020, 11:37:37 PM
My Renault 4 has two separate front seats. What year was this, pardon for asking?
Ours was a '69:

The presence of a bench or individual front seats depended on the spec level (higher spec=individual seats) until 1972, when the bench seat was discontinued.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: studpuppet on February 18, 2020, 11:01:42 AM
Ours was a '69:

I had a '75 Citroen Ami estate in my twenties that also had a bench seat though - you could remove front and back benches in about ten minutes, and use them as two sofas for a fume-infused picnic in a lay-by if you fancied it.

I'd still quite like a DS.

Replies From View

studpuppet

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 18, 2020, 02:59:04 PM
I'd still quite like a DS.

You can pick up a Lite for £10-15 on eBay...

I had the chance of one back in the mid-nineties - it was about £1750, scrappy-looking but in one piece. My mechanic looked over it and told me the head gasket needed doing. I could have scraped the purchase price but not any more for the engine so I had to pass. Would probably still have it now if I'd taken the plunge...

Replies From View

NOT AIDS I DIDN'T MEAN THAT KIND OF DS AAAARRRGGGHH

idunnosomename

when your generic flasher opens their big brown coat you usually only see from a reverse shot in a comedy, in reality they are showing you their erection.

Icehaven

Corkage isn't the mark-up on wine in a restaurant, it's the charge to allow you to bring your own wine.

Replies From View

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 19, 2020, 09:21:58 PM
when your generic flasher opens their big brown coat you usually only see from a reverse shot in a comedy, in reality they are showing you their erection.

Not showing me it, surely.

Replies From View

Quote from: icehaven on February 20, 2020, 01:02:29 PM
Corkage isn't the mark-up on wine in a restaurant, it's the charge to allow you to bring your own wine.

Better yet, bring your own bottle opener to avoid that fee entirely.  It is pimpsy to open a bottle; no need to pay for it.

poodlefaker

James O'Brien, Brendan O'Neill: two different fellas.

Replies From View

Quote from: poodlefaker on February 20, 2020, 02:20:22 PM
James O'Brien, Brendan O'Neill: two different fellas.

Kisten O'Brien, Richard O'Brian, Brendan Fraser and Brandan Dassey:  all the same bloke.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Replies From View on February 20, 2020, 01:19:26 PM
Better yet, bring your own bottle opener to avoid that fee entirely.  It is pimpsy to open a bottle; no need to pay for it.

Not arsed mate, screw top.

Tuktuk on the high street charges a byob recycling fee, I did wonder what they'd do if I demanded I put it in the street litter bin visible from the window. Also visible was a jakey brazenly swilling cider on a bench at one in the afternoon with not a care in the world. Fair play.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 20, 2020, 03:40:17 PM
Not arsed mate, screw top.

Tuktuk on the high street charges a byob recycling fee, I did wonder what they'd do if I demanded I put it in the street litter bin visible from the window. Also visible was a jakey brazenly swilling cider on a bench at one in the afternoon with not a care in the world. Fair play.

What if you don't finish the bottle and tyoba?

(Take your own bottle away.)

Replies From View

Ferris

Quote from: Replies From View on February 20, 2020, 01:19:26 PM

Imagine opening your own wine instead of having one of the hired hands/local oafs do it for you lmao

Sebastian Cobb

Save on corkage by pushing the cork in with the cutlery on the table.

Resturanters hate this one trick.

idunnosomename

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on February 20, 2020, 05:47:02 PM
What if you don't finish the bottle and tyoba?

(Take your own bottle away.)
i dont understand

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 21, 2020, 09:22:06 AM
i dont understand

If you haven't finished the bottle yet and take it away with you they can't recycle it.

Ferris

A significant minority of the US population* will be calling their children Donald, so we'll be surrounded by the fuckers in about 20-30 years time.

*the dim ones

Cerys

In the song Parallel Universe by the Red Hot Chili Peppers the lyric 'I'm a California king' refers to a species of snake.  The fact the lyric immediately preceding it is 'Christ I'm a sidewinder' should have been a dead giveaway, but here we are.

Cuellar

olliebean

The band Mungo Jerry (who I know essentially nothing about apart from their name) are named not after a band member called Jerry, but after the cat Mungojerrie in Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats. I know the musical based on the poems well, but I've never made the connection before.

Sebastian Cobb

Bobtoo

In the Summertime is allegedly the third biggest selling single of all time, behind White Christmas and the 1997 version of Candle in the Wind.

Replies From View

I've only just realised that Elton John wasn't referencing Princess Diana's notorious predilection for igniting her farts.

It was written about Marilyn Monroe's notorious predilection for it.

Icehaven

NoSleep

greencalx

A kidney dish is not so named because that's what you're expected to put in it.