Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:14:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Obvious Things You 0nly Just Realised - 2020

Started by Icehaven, January 02, 2020, 09:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hand Solo

Brian Glover played Bottom in the 1981 BBC adaptation of A Midsummer Night's Dream, and then also starred in an episode the BBC sitcom Bottom.

Replies From View

Quote from: Johnboy on February 25, 2020, 10:02:55 AM
There are Go Down and Go Up buttons on CAB thread pages. Fancy that.

Yes it's very good.  I have completed the Game Boy version of Duck Tales with it.

Replies From View

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 25, 2020, 09:27:46 PM
I was watching the film Clockers recently and got quite excited that the kid in it was constantly wearing bits of Sega promotional props from their ill-fated Sega VR system.

I always felt a bit out-on-a-limb whenever I insisted that the film Clockwise didn't need a prequel starring a sweaty gobshite in a crushed Robocop 2014 costume as the young John Cleese.

Gregory Torso

In the theme tune for Frasier, when he sings about the "tossed salads" and "scrambled eggs" he's talking about the mental twats who phone into his radio show.

Dewt

Twit 2

Thought it was about the marathon rimjobs he gives the old bloke and the diarrhoea he gargles out of that little dog's arse and all the strangers in stairwells he's got pegged (a sex term for pegging someone in the arse) and the cum icicles he melts on his coke-shrivelled nipples and the blues he gets from his jaws rotting in the dark. I thought it was a song about his flaccid armpits and the smell that haunts the phonelines, about the guttering down the side of his apartment which was constructed by and for rats, that they might scurry up into Daphne's dreams and billow about in her flaky masonry head. Thought it was a song about dressing for work and climbing into a side-bin to count his pubes and check they're still there, still made of the correct keratin; about a pine cone by a disused railway that's full of worms going "Christ!" and a child from Borneo who's been pretending to be a radio.

Cerys

That's beautiful, man.  Just fucking beautiful.

touchingcloth

The "Toadmeister" thread is somehow about Toby Young and not Toadie from off of Coffee Neighbours.

NoSleep

Is it possible that DailyMotion are so-called because they have shit you can watch on their website?

olliebean

Oh, FFS. Lee & Herring = a play on Lea & Perrins.

olliebean

"Camper" in Camper Van Beethoven, because of a goddamn camper van.

Dewt

Icehaven

NoSleep

Quote from: olliebean on February 29, 2020, 09:23:30 PM
Oh, FFS. Lee & Herring = a play on Lea & Perrins.

They should have just stuck to the classic duo formula of using their surnames, like Morecambe & Wise.

Replies From View

lgpmachine

The upholstery pattern on some of the older tube trains depicts St Paul's Cathedral, The London Eye and Big Ben.

touchingcloth

Is the superfluous "g" which makes Herring's surname just that slight be too far from being able to construct a truly satisfying Lee & Perrins pun the reason for Collings & Herrin?

touchingcloth

Pemberton & Shearsmith only ever play a single character each per episode of Inside No. 9. Well, maybe there are episodes I've misremembered but that's certainly the norm.

Norton Canes

Reece played Maureen and Mr Jelly in 'Death Be Not Proud' the other week. (sorry)

olliebean

Phil Davis and Phil Daniels are two different people.

olliebean

The word "spaddy" which I keep hearing recently in political podcasts is not a distorted form of "spoddy," although the contextual meaning is similar. "Spad" is a word in its own right, being an acronym for "Special Advisor."

touchingcloth

Pingers

The word 'spy' has the same root as 'espionage'

NoSleep

ToneLa

The new rotating cap thing instead of the ringpull on tins of Monster is so's you can reseal it, to necessitate savouring your tin of Monster all day.

Which is, if anything, more bleak a design

Ferris

Icehaven

Mike Tyson - Tyson Fury. The spud headed pugilist is named after the rapey pugilist apparently but even if he wasn't I hadn't clocked the name connection.

ToneLa

Quote from: icehaven on March 06, 2020, 12:25:15 PM
Mike Tyson - Tyson Fury. The spud headed pugilist is named after the rapey pugilist apparently but even if he wasn't I hadn't clocked the name connection.

One surely, having the surname Fury, wouldn't name your son Tyson and expect him to grow up to be a post office clerk.

Dex Sawash

Probably due to oldness, I had merged the discographies of The Cure and The Cult. Would hear a song and think about what a range that band had attributing this range to whichever band name I recalled at the moment. Not sure how I will ever fully unwind the two. Probably start by figuring out which one has Robert Smith.

tl;dr Cult and Cure different bands

Paul Calf

Quote from: icehaven on March 06, 2020, 12:25:15 PM

I imagine Mike Tyson is trying to distance himself from his namesake at present.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/may/13/tyson-fury-banned-antisemitic-comments-video

He really is the thickest cunt to walk the earth free.