Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:00:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Obvious Things You 0nly Just Realised - 2020

Started by Icehaven, January 02, 2020, 09:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

I think this probably belongs in 'fuck my hat' but: some people have an expectation that Robbie Williams vocals are more than just a soothing series of vowels gobbed out over tawdry collections of ageing, undemanding  perma-teen mothers-of-three and the few gay men remaining for whom he's not 30 years too old.

touchingcloth

mjwilson

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 24, 2020, 01:48:27 PM
I feel deeply embarrassed by this one, and have now idea how I went my whole life without realising it, and probably should be shot in the head for being so fucking stupid - but I always thought the clocks forward / backwards thing was on a six month basis, and didn't realise until yesterday that it's seven months between March and October. I know, I'm a cunting moron, and will probably never live this down.

Holy shit

Annie Labuntur

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 08, 2020, 07:56:52 PM
Twitter isn't owned by Facebook.

It does own Instagram though - in case anyone doesn't realise.

I remember a friend of a friend raging against Tesco for squeezing the life out of its small suppliers and saying how he he was boycotting them forever. He could get everything he needed from the small Premier store down the road. I didn't know him well enough to risk telling him.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Annie Labuntur on April 10, 2020, 12:17:05 AM

I remember a friend of a friend raging against Tesco for squeezing the life out of its small suppliers and saying how he he was boycotting them forever. He could get everything he needed from the small Premier store down the road. I didn't know him well enough to risk telling him.

Well fuck my hat!

I'm not surprised tesco own a corner shop chain at all, just that I didn't know the actual association.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Annie Labuntur on April 10, 2020, 12:17:05 AM

I knew it owned instagram and WhatsApp, just assumed it had the twttr as well.

And fuck me. That's like when people bought Killing In The Name that Christmas to spite Cowell, when Sony's ownership of the song meant that was going some way towards funding Simon's future face.

Sebastian Cobb

Paid to disfigure him. Should've spent more.

Jockice

The Peep Show theme goes 'I'm not sick but I'm not well and I'm so hot cos I'm in hell' and not 'i'm surprised cos I'm in hell.'

Jockice

And on a similar note, if whoever announces the show on Gold every night happens to be reading this, they call themselves 'The El Dude Brothers' and not 'The Dude Brothers.'

gib

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 10, 2020, 12:19:28 AM
Well fuck my hat!

I'm not surprised tesco own a corner shop chain at all, just that I didn't know the actual association.

Tesco also own Booker cash & carry and they have been absolute cunts since The Event began, rerouting basics like Happy Shopper bog roll into Tesco Value. Well i assume so, i can't imagine the HS bog roll factory stopped production.

Replies From View

Imagine owning loads of industrial machinery for the non-transferable purpose of producing and configuring toilet rolls, and being told that there was no longer any demand for it.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: gib on April 10, 2020, 10:37:35 AM
Tesco also own Booker cash & carry and they have been absolute cunts since The Event began, rerouting basics like Happy Shopper bog roll into Tesco Value. Well i assume so, i can't imagine the HS bog roll factory stopped production.

One of my mates used to work for Macphie who supply stuff that goes into most supermarkets bakery stuff. Hot cross bun mix, glazes, custards etc. He used to go into a rage when he mentioned Tesco.

Apparently Tesco bought up some Polish supermarket and rounded up all the suppliers that supplied both of them and were charging less to the Poles and bullied them all into giving them a massive reduction with the threat of losing both contracts.

touchingcloth

Dewt

Dewt

Paul Calf

Farmers fucking hate supermarkets, which bully them via the oligopsonistic cartel that forces them to operate with breadline profits.

Ferris

The famous "Houston, we have a problem" line spoken on Apollo 13 is erroneous. The actual dialogue was

QuoteHaise: Okay, Houston (interrupted by Lovell)
Swigert: I believe we've had a problem here. (interrupting Haise)
Lousma: This is Houston. Say again, please.
Lovell: Houston, we've had a problem. We've had a main B bus undervolt.

Replies From View

Haise: Okay, Houston (interrupted by Lovell)
Swigert: I believe we've had a problem here. (interrupting Haise)
Lousma: This is Houston. Say again, please.
Lovell: Houston, we've had a problem. We've had a main B bus undervolt.
Lousma: It's all fixed now though yeah?
Lovell: Yeah, all sorted.
Lousma: Cheers; anything else?
Lovell: Nah that's it.
Lousma:  Okay bye bye.
Lovell: Bye x

Ferris

Yeah but I left that out for people who hadn't seen the film. Didn't want to ruin it for them.

Dewt

I'd prefer you did because I don't want to miss a thing.

Icehaven

Blackcurrants, blackberries and blueberries are all different things. And bluecurrants don't exist.

touchingcloth

Norton Canes

Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in 'F**k my Hat' - the Salvation Army actually has officer ranks. I mean, the fact they call themselves an army should be a clue, but it hadn't clicked until I saw one of them interviewed on the news the other day captioned as a Lieutenant.

touchingcloth

imitationleather

Quote from: Norton Canes on April 14, 2020, 12:01:20 PM
Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in 'F**k my Hat' - the Salvation Army actually has officer ranks. I mean, the fact they call themselves an army should be a clue, but it hadn't clicked until I saw one of them interviewed on the news the other day captioned as a Lieutenant.

Hey I watched that too! I had a similar reaction, but then remembered that I actually already knew this - but had just temporarily forgotten it.

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on April 14, 2020, 10:08:26 PM
Hey I watched that too! I had a similar reaction, but then remembered that I actually already knew this - but had just temporarily forgotten it.

I only knew because it was the solution in a bad episode of Jonathan Creek

touchingcloth

Their paramilitary wing is the Boy's Brigade.

Gulftastic

Thunderbird 4 is a Yellow Submarine, a Yellow Submarine, a Yellow Submarine