Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:46:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

ALL THE TELEVISUAL MANDELA EFFECTS.

Started by Glebe, January 02, 2020, 09:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

I'm sure there was a Scooby Doo Meets Star Wars special broadcast in 1979, in which Shaggy and Scoob visit the Skywalker homestead and dance with Uncle Owen an Aunt Beru to a really cheesy disco song.

I strongly recall a particularly action-packed edition of The A-Team where Pootle from The Flumps popped up after the credits and said "More next week, folks!" This is particularly odd as The A-Team was on ITV and The Flumps was a BBC production.

I'm certain I saw an episode of Teletubbies while studying hard for my master's degree in physics where Po lops off Tinky-Winky's head with a chainsaw.

And my nephew reliably informs me of an episode of Waybaloo he swears he saw in which Nick Nolte's flipping face fades up onto the screen at one point.

Any more televisula Mandela effects that definitely happened to recall?

Replies From View

There were only about 12 episodes of Postman Pat made and they were all about Edwina Currie having a sly wank.  Now admittedly I was only very young when I saw them but I was certain that at least one of the episodes was about some postman and his cat pottering around a village delivering parcels and stuff.  But nope!  Apparently not. 

And weirdly I wasn't the only one to remember Postman Pat in this way!  According to websites there are millions of us with this strange alternative memory of what Postman Pat was.

idunnosomename

Elephant on blue peter did a poo and john leslie fell over and got poo in his hair

non capisco

Me, my dad's mate Brian and a man from Gdansk who posts on a nostalgia TV forum and chooses to call himself 'Drunkman78' all remember seeing a single episode of the Star Wars spin-off cartoon 'Droids' where C3PO spoke in a Scouse accent.

non capisco

Apparently there isn't an episode of Top of The Pops where Shakin' Stevens performs 'Green Door' dressed in just a nappy, even though there are loads of people including me who remember this. A lot of people say "No, he didn't perform 'Green Door' on Top Of The Pops dressed in just a nappy, he performed 'Green Door' on Razzamatazz dressed in just a nappy" but there's no evidence of that either, and anyway I distinctly remember it panning to Noel Edmonds afterwards who said "That's Shakin' Stevens straight in at number 5 and I expect he's NAPPY about that chart position." Can anyone shed any light on this? I'm clinging to the possibility he did it on Summertime Special.

non capisco

Frank Bough getting his prostate checked live on Nationwide. Turns out this wasn't broadcast and I'm mixing it up with something I saw happen in a club in Vauxhall in 1987.

Glebe

A Maxwell House ad with Janette Tough and Windsor Davis from 1983.

Whilst the TV edit of Robocop 2 removes all of the swearing and extreme violence, it also contains an additional ten minute scene where an out-of-character Nancy Allen makes a mushroom risotto and serves it to an overjoyed Irvin Kershner.

Whilst all the other characters speak "penguinese", Pingu's dad very clearly speaks French.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

That episode of " Barbapapa", in which the pink shape shifter said, " look to tell you the truth, I just can't be bothered today.", then spent the remaining four and a half minutes sitting reading his tabloid newspaper with a fag on the go, while the rest of the supporting cast just stood around, giving awkward glances off screen. At one point you can distinctly see Barbapapa's wife mouth " what happens now?"
Did nobody else see this at the time?

There's an episode of Art Attack where every piece that Neil Buchanan makes has a swastika hidden in it, including the "Big Art Attack" of an elephant made out of old pairs of trousers.

During the Batmobile sequence in the Batman episode A Horse of Another Color, Adam West's stunt double is clearly not wearing any trousers or pants.

H-O-W-L

There was an action-packed 1995 sequel to the 1990 IT telemovie called IT BITES BACK where a small-town Louisiana sheriff and his comic deputy played by a young Paul Rudd have to fight a now openly malicious and actively murderous Pennywise the Dancing Clown in the run-up to the town's fabled Gatorfest. Featuring antics like Pennywise jumping a speedboat over a bayou wedding, and the town posse, led by Pappy Mayhew, accidentally blowing away a harmless party clown in the belief that he is the feared Maine protononce.

Four out of five stars.

The cast of Desmonds were actually white actors in blackface. Did you know, "Carmen Munroe" was actually a young Ricky Gervais?

Tots TV's Tilly swore all the time, but they got away with it because nobody in Britain was allowed to learn French until the Blair government put it into the national curriculum.

All snooker balls used for televised matches are actually white. The colours are added using state of the art computer software and the players are directed to which balls are which via an ear piece and hand signals from the referee (thus the use of the white gloves). This allows the producer to control the narrative and change the colours of balls during cutaways to make matches more exciting.

idunnosomename

All the characters on captain pugwash had rude names like mr fart, willyface and cunt.

KITT, the car from Knightrider, was actually yellow but appears to be black to UK viewers, a strange quirk of the NTSC to PAL conversion techniques used at the time.

Replies From View

Gordon Brittas was performed by Danny John Jules from off of that Rej Dward (he played Kate)

Glebe

An episode of The Black and White Minstrel Show in which 'special' guest Bernard Manning says he's going to shag the white girl on the swing.

idunnosomename

Dexter Fletcher presenting a series of Gamesmaster set up inside Patrick Moore's arse

Glebe

Benny Hill's mate Henry McGee admitting he enjoys the odd wank on Aspel & Company, to uproarious laughter from Michael Aspel and badly-dressed audience.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Another Aspel & Co one: the show on which Clive James and Oliver Reed were two of the guests, when Clive turned to Ollie and addressed him with " You have a  great talent...why do you drink? " to which Reed replied with " fuck off, you bald cunt." Upon which Margarita Pracatan stormed the set, declaiming " don't talk to him like that, you desultory dipsomaniac! " ( she had quite good English, did are Margarita), and started pumelling Ollie's chest with both of her furious fists.In order to divert attention from this unsettling scenario, Michael Aspel quick- thinkingly said " does anyone want to see my monkey impression ?", and proceeded to do a pretty good piece of simian impersonation. When this failed to completely do the trick, he got his balls out.
No doubt a young Graham Linehan and Arthur Matthews were watching, and taking notes ( and deciding to draw the line at Simon Pegg getting his balls out).

Glebe

An advertisement for the TV Times featuring Worzel Gummidge holding a copy of the aforementioned magazine with Aunt Sally peering over this shoulder. Worzel says something like "Look, Aunt Sally, it's all going on in the new issue of TV Times! There's an exclusive interview with Roger Moore, a look behind the scenes of the new series of Blake's 7, plus a special pull-out poster of your's truly!"

"Don't I get a look in?" asks Aunt Sally, or words to that effect.

"I said TV Times, not Look-in!" quips Worzel, and does a cheeky grin to camera!

non capisco

Me and loads of my mates remember this strange jibbering white haired man of oddly indeterminate age who used to occasionally present Top Of The Pops but he never turned up on any of the BBC4 repeats that I saw.

Very few people realise that the white-bearded old man in Only Fools and Horses was called Uncle Halbert.  The Londoners' habit of dropping h off the beginning of words led many to wrongly believe his name was Albert.

Also, the yellow three-wheeled Reliant van only ever appeared in the first series, as Del Boy bought "one of them Eye-talian jobs" early in 1982, and pushed the Reliant off the end of a pier in Margate.

I'm also struggling to track down the series of 'Wish You Were Here' where Ian Paisley stood in for Judith Chalmers.  I'd love to see the episode with his trip to Rome in it again.

Glebe

There was also an episode of The Jack Docherty Show where I'm sure George Cole claimed to have played the piano on the theme tune to Minder. When Docherty question this with typical Scottish wit, Cole became belligerent, or maybe I just dreamed it. But I'm sure I saw the clip on YouTube, but when you find it now it says 'This video has been taken down due to a copyright claim by Channel 5'. I'm not sure tbh.

Glebe

I thought I saw an episode of Tales of the Unexpected about a mysterious bookshop and at the end we see Roald Dahl himself as a customer and he turns and winks to camera... but actually it was an episode of The A-Team, where Stephen J. Cannall is in the back of the van on his typewriter and turns and winks.

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on January 04, 2020, 11:49:17 PM
Very few people realise that the white-bearded old man in Only Fools and Horses was called Uncle Halbert.  The Londoners' habit of dropping h off the beginning of words led many to wrongly believe his name was Albert.

I'd heard that he was originally called Uncle H. Alpert and was due to be played by the legendary jazz trumpeter. Problem is, he'd always insist on having his Tijuana Brass on set which really did undermine what John Sullivan was trying to achieve with the cast dynamic.