Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:52:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

DJ tracks / cut & paste stuff that is fun

Started by the, January 03, 2020, 12:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: the on January 05, 2020, 11:27:00 PM
On that theme, it was only when I managed to get a download of all the Ultimate Breaks & Beats records.

I was lucky to pick up the first 25 at cost in the early 90's and was surprised when I heard one had Lyn Collins - Think followed by The Galactic Force Band - Space Dust consecutively on one side.

I'm sure you know Think, but listen to Space Dust and you'll see why

https://youtu.be/V7YeGQZOnGo

the

Listening to the 1995 Chemical Brothers Essential Mix reminded me of this 80s cut 'n' paster:

D.J. Battery Brain - 8 Volt Mix

Quite a 'chart' selection of play-ins in this - the snippets of Push It and Crush On You probably leap out the most.

In that mix, this then leads into 33% God by the Beastie BoysDust Brothers. Though full of samples, I wouldn't put this in the category of cut & paste because (like King Of The Beats) it's more intricately produced and layered than your average DJ record, arguably making it a tune with an identity in its own right.

But both tracks are among the finest examples of the art and in my personal top ten:

The Dust Brothers - 33% God

Mantronix - King Of The Beats