Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:00:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Terrible album covers thread Part 2

Started by chveik, January 04, 2020, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loving this classic cover from our girls from Russia.

Head Gardener

I assume we've had this, but just in case...

Egyptian Feast

It bears repeating. It's such a horrible cover it's made the guy on the right throw up on the jukebox.

The Mollusk

Wow not even the fact that I really fancy Ellis-Bextor could save that for me.

famethrowa

Quote from: The Mollusk on July 17, 2020, 07:28:36 AM

The gams + heels are almost selling it for me.

Gulftastic

Natnar

It looks like it should be an album of kids songs but it's a greatest hits album.

BlodwynPig

I ordered this from the website, which uses that shitty font making me wonder if it was a fake site

The Mollusk

Hey, Cooper is a great font! It's just totally ruined here, like the poor helpless kids who have to take part in those god awful American pageants.

olliebean

The Sophie Ellis-Bextor one is ironic, surely?

Head Gardener

The Mollusk

^ Really weird that I just compared the artistic direction of Sophie Ellis-Bextor cover to child pageantry and then that crops up.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: olliebean on July 17, 2020, 10:46:54 AM
The Sophie Ellis-Bextor one is ironic, surely?

Pretty much, and probably designed to appeal to kids (and moms (mothers)), based on her Instagram lockdown videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_LYIe3fRjw.

The Mollusk

Oh my goodness, got a bit flustered watching that - and it's not because there were kids in the room!!!

Still though, ironic/cheesy intent or not, that cover art is an absolute stinker.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: The Mollusk on July 17, 2020, 12:19:37 PM
Oh my goodness, got a bit flustered watching that - and it's not because there were kids in the room!!!

Still though, ironic/cheesy intent or not, that cover art is an absolute stinker.

my copy comes with a signed setlist rather than a signed photo (which I assume is just of the cover). I've got a much more tasteful signed photo from 20 years ago of her anyway.

BlodwynPig

Absorb the anus burn

Desolation. Jump suits and 1980s Up The Arse Corner.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on August 04, 2020, 10:37:44 PM
Desolation. Jump suits and 1980s Up The Arse Corner.

My parents had the one on the right. Formative. Fuck the Beatles.

PlanktonSideburns

BlodwynPig

I love Yello to bits, and they've got a new album called 'Point' coming out at the end of this month.
But the artwork for their albums really has gone from sublime to pretty bloody awful in recent years, and this latest one is no exception.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on August 04, 2020, 10:48:16 PM
I love Yello to bits, and they've got a new album called 'Point' coming out at the end of this month.
But the artwork for their albums really has gone from sublime to pretty bloody awful in recent years, and this latest one is no exception.

Yes, their minimalist style over the last few albums have been appalling, nearly as dull as the music, sadly. Last good cover? Zebra? Baby? Flag...probably Flag. Baby had some good single sleeves, but the mullet was awful.

Yeah, I love the songs on 'Baby', but was never really a fan of the artwork for that one.  Like you say, Dieter's hair was horrendous. 
Last half-decent cover in my opinion was Zebra.

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 04, 2020, 10:39:39 PM
Just a reminder

Dare I ask why it was banned in the UK? It must be pretty damned blue if it was suppressed in the land that spawned Judge Dread, Chubby Brown and Derek Jarman. Does it make you see it going in inside your head?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on August 04, 2020, 10:57:58 PM
Dare I ask why it was banned in the UK? It must be pretty damned blue if it was suppressed in the land that spawned Judge Dread, Chubby Brown and Derek Jarman. Does it make you see it going in inside your head?

You missed the zoom call where we discussed it. There was a half arsed thread on here too with little attention. Best google i'm a wanker