Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:23:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Terrible album covers thread Part 2

Started by chveik, January 04, 2020, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDanketies

I bought this album at the Brutal Assault music festival because of the funny cover, but it's actually some great folky witchy black metal

daf

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 12, 2020, 07:34:39 PM
It's not worth posting and the image doesn't exist anywhere that I can find. It's basically Cilla looking like Jimmy Krankie.

Was this a record cover? Not getting any luck via my "Cilla Black school uniform" google.

turnstyle

Quote from: daf on August 13, 2020, 12:00:24 PM
Was this a record cover? Not getting any luck via my "Cilla Black school uniform" google.

'Sarge, we've got another one for the Yewtree files'

BlodwynPig

The Mollusk

Fucking hell how much did he pay Ringo Starr for that?

non capisco

rilk

non capisco

I really like Elvis Costello but I'm afraid I'm still laughing at that album cover and him calling an album 'Hey Clockface'.

non capisco

I urge him to recall all copies and put it out again with the same artwork but called 'Oi, Clockface.'

The Mollusk

The hand on the Clockface one is really disturbing to me, it looks like all the fingernails have been smashed by a hammer. Properly nasty.

Head Gardener

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

That is easily one of the most horrendous images I ever did saw, but I actually *do* want to hear the album. I bet " I Don't Want To Go To The Gym" is a banging tune and a half.

holyzombiejesus

QuoteMetabolist (aka The Man Who Sold The World) comes in both a 180g black vinyl edition and a 2020 limited edition handwritten numbered copies on gold vinyl (# 1971 - 2020) and on white vinyl (# 1 - 1970) all randomly distributed. We will not be checking the colour of your record before shipping to give everyone an equal chance.

November 2020 sees the 50th Anniversary of the release of David Bowie's The Man Who Sold The World in North America. The album marks the beginning of a collaboration with guitarist Mick Ronson that would last through classic works including Hunky Dory, Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane—as well as the first in a 10-year series of indispensable albums stretching through 1980's Scary Monsters...

Originally titled Metrobolist, the album's name was changed at the last minute to The Man Who Sold The World. The 2020 re-release of the album under its Metrobolist moniker has been remixed by original producer Tony Visconti, with the exception of the track 'After All' which Tony considered perfect as is, and is featured in its 2015 remaster incarnation.

The Metrobolist 50th anniversary artwork has been created by Mike Weller who was behind the historically controversial "dress" cover which Mercury Records refused to release.

purlieu

It's pretty much identical to the original US cover, to be fair.

JaDanketies

love me some Petrol Bastard

see them live if you ever get the chance. I saw them supporting the Cheeky Girls and it was exceptional

Egyptian Feast

Wow, that's a stinker. A masterpiece of a stinker. The concept of the eight-armed floating head (like a giant COVID made from indie) is terrible in itself, but coupled with that wanksnap's face...it's a beauty.

Famous Mortimer

They look like a right fucking shower, but a quick Youtube and...their music was sort of alright?

PlanktonSideburns

The Mollusk

Listening to them now. It's like a post-hardcore Arcade Fire. I wasn't expecting them to be this creative but it is still shit.

Kudos to them using the exact same hand repeated on the album art but using lighting effects on half of them to make it look a little bit authentic. Ploppy looking lads with awful hair and no clothes though... ugh.

Egyptian Feast

I like the clashing colours, reminds me of God Ween Satan. Aside from that, not good.

Stand-up guy and excellent songwriter Slowthai has a great new album cover.

Pauline Walnuts

purlieu

Has the cover of Gong's Acid Motherhood been posted yet? It's NSFW, and indeed not safe for eyes either.