Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 10:37:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Terrible album covers thread Part 2

Started by chveik, January 04, 2020, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

He's such a prick.

edit: new page Moby

purlieu

Yeah it's an album of orchestral reworkings of past tracks. Deutsche Grammophon have done a fair few questionable pop-crossover records in recent years. They still have a lot of exceptional stuff, but they definitely edge towards Classic FM fodder at times.

jobotic

Was that Maurice Von Oswalt and Carl Craig thing on Deutsche Grammophon? That was good.

Library I worked in got rid of a collection of Stockhausen Deutsche Grammofon vinyl in perfect nick. I'd borrowed them all and returned them, should have kept them. FFS.

Why is that not Lee Hurst's Twitter profile picture?

Because it should be.

holyzombiejesus

kalowski

It reminds me of all those awful Hip Hop album covers

DJ Bob Hoskins

Fonts aside, that's pretty decent if you ask me*

*which admittedly you didn't.

PlanktonSideburns

DJ Bob Hoskins

Pretty sure this was posted in one of the previous threads (and it's an easy target) but it never fails to annoy me:

As if the title wasn't bad enough, they somehow felt the need to commission a sleeve that stood out as particularly shite even at a time when shite artwork was everywhere.

Someone actually drew an arsehole on the chocolate starfish because I guess they feared the subtlety of the pun, either by itself or in combination with a picture of a chocolate starfish which didn't have an anus, would be lost on the audience.

idunnosomename

Quote from: DJ Bob Hoskins on April 14, 2021, 11:24:05 PM
Pretty sure this was posted in one of the previous threads (and it's an easy target) but it never fails to annoy me:

As if the title wasn't bad enough, they somehow felt the need to commission a sleeve that stood out as particularly shite even at a time when shite artwork was everywhere.

Someone actually drew an arsehole on the chocolate starfish because I guess they feared the subtlety of the pun, either by itself or in combination with a picture of a chocolate starfish which didn't have an anus, would be lost on the audience.
there's no indication either of those starfish are actually chocolate

DrGreggles

DJ Bob Hoskins

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 15, 2021, 03:17:34 PM
there's no indication either of those starfish are actually chocolate

Well if they're meant to be actual starfish, they got the bunghole all wrong. This is what a real starfish's arse looks like:

DJ Bob Hoskins

Glebe

DJ Bob Hoskins

Quote from: Glebe on April 15, 2021, 10:25:55 PM

I stand corrected.

Also, that green toilet brush should help keep things nice and clean. Nice to see superheroes doing their bit for nature conservation.

Glebe

They've cleaned that starfish up good an' propah!

Egyptian Feast

Fucking hell, that's a horrible sleeve in every respect.

PlanktonSideburns

TheMonk

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on March 28, 2021, 09:05:51 PM
Due to a track from it just turning up on a random Spotify playlist, I've just been reminded of the "yeah, that'll do" nature of the cover for Eric Clapton's 'Old Sock' album.

Deary me. 

That is awful, as is the title. Is the album just him playing a kazoo in the bath?

This one is atrocious.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: TheMonk on April 18, 2021, 01:25:01 PM
That is awful, as is the title. Is the album just him playing a kazoo in the bath?

This one is atrocious.

'Just... fabulous Rock 'n' Roll!'

kalowski

bigfatheart

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on March 28, 2021, 09:05:51 PM

"Eric, it's your record label. I think there's been a misunderstanding, when we asked you to come up with a title that showed you were still full of spunk..."

daf

Quote from: kalowski on April 18, 2021, 03:26:52 PM
With Elvis Presley?

You better believe it baby!

Blue Suede Shoes

"Comments are turned off" - Spoilsports!