Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,549,361
  • Total Topics: 106,172
  • Online Today: 659
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:54:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Terrible album covers thread Part 2

Started by chveik, January 04, 2020, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

Clapton looking like Barry Welsh there

Johnny Yesno

holyzombiejesus

There's nothing wrong with that Cliff one. Perfectly well designed (although the t-shirt bit's a little iffy) and right for the demographic. He's hardly going to get 23 Envelope in to do a cover for him, is he?

jenna appleseed

went down a John Martyn rehashed/recycled albums/live concerts with terrible covers from  tiny labels rabbit hole via the reviews here https://www.johnmartyn.info/list/records

fan site album review "Unfortunate attempt to rerecord the back catalogue...Release of this album happened without John's consent. The sleeve can easily pose as the ugliest one in John's entire catalogue. The vinyl version only counts 10 tracks and the vinyl is not of the greatest quality, either."

Couldn't Love You More

eta: Junior Doctor Who remake of Caves Of Androzani deemed unsuccessful.

jenna appleseed

Somewhere between quirky and bit shit mate.

John Martyn - Cooltide

Trapped in a broken photocopier with a misleading title.

Solid Air Classics Revisited

lazyhour

Glebe

It's like he's in a tall glass of 7UP. Or a Star Wars bacta tank.

jenna appleseed

Quote from: Glebe on April 22, 2021, 12:19:32 AM
It's like he's in a tall glass of 7UP. Or a Star Wars bacta tank.

At first glance I thought he was trapped inside one of those pin things

Glebe

Could also be looking out the side of a thin aquarium.

jenna appleseed

Quote from: Glebe on April 22, 2021, 10:02:39 AM
Could also be looking out the side of a thin aquarium.

I've got the sudden urge to photoshop him into a dentists fish tank.

jenna appleseed

lazyhour

The Mollusk

Saw this in a charity shop yesterday and actually winced a bit.

idunnosomename

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 19, 2021, 11:02:13 AM
There's nothing wrong with that Cliff one. Perfectly well designed (although the t-shirt bit's a little iffy) and right for the demographic. He's hardly going to get 23 Envelope in to do a cover for him, is he?
think the shirt might look a little uncanny as its flattened by heavy lighting in parts. He is def actually sitting on a Harley in a studio, which takes it well above most hack cant be bothered photoshop jobs

Glebe

The Culture Bunker

That's not even the worst album cover with Ian Broudie on it, which I would instead suggest is:

purlieu

Quote from: famethrowa on May 19, 2021, 02:54:17 PM

I'd love to know why it was decided that the original version, which matches the shy, understated feel of the music, should be replaced by the 'drunken bloke about to start a fight with you' shot.

I'm quite fond of the Like You Do cover, it's intentionally silly in a very '90s way. I do love the Lightning Seeds, but most of their covers are slightly naff, other than Tilt (which is just straight-up ugly), and Four Winds, which is quite nice.

Famous Mortimer

Terrible, amazing, one for the up the arse corner, who knows.

famethrowa

BlodwynPig

I have that album in digital format so hadnt seen the back cover. The title is a german alternative to coffee. When i lived over there the foreigners would use it to denigrate the boss

boki

Lakes' forthcoming album:

They should Start Again on the design.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on May 21, 2021, 12:37:37 AM
Terrible, amazing, one for the up the arse corner, who knows.

Track on there called Penisnight. Intrigued.

Glebe

badaids

I still love the first few Corduroy albums, but the cover of their 4th record just smacked of utter shit.  I've never actually heard this one, other than a couple of songs at their gigs but I bet it's bollocks as they sounded then.

I think they were dumped by Acid Jazz around the time of this record and cover itself is a big clue it was coming.

gmoney