Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:18:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recommend me some standup on Netflix

Started by Johnboy, January 04, 2020, 09:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnboy

I'm wading through the stand up section of Netflix and I don't know where to start, haven't really kept up with stand up in the last twenty years

I thought I'd check out Bill Burr, I listened to his podcast once, but there's a few of his to choose from

Anyway, who would you recommend?

Bennett Brauer

Bill Burr's latest is good fun, but I agree that Repertoire is ingeniously funny. The two John Mulaney shows on there are superb as well.

up_the_hampipe

Bo Burnham: what.
Bo Burnham: Make Happy
Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock have good specials on there too
The new Michelle Wolf one is funny as well

magval

Bridget Christie's set on there is really good, can't remember what it's called but there's only one anyway. A Bic For Her, I think it's from that tour.

Adam Sandler's 100% Fresh is also brilliant, despite a lot of doubters on this forum (myself included).

WestHill

oops wrong thread

jake thunder

John Mulaney's two (?) specials are pretty good - 7/10

Armin Meiwes

Todd Barry - Spicy Honey is good, although he'll never beat his previous special "Crowdwork" as he is the master of crowd work.

olliebean

I find Mike Birbiglia very enjoyable. He's got a couple of shows on there.

Johnboy

Thanks for these I'll check them out

I've started with Rory Scovel, enjoyed it a lot

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: magval on January 05, 2020, 02:35:54 PM
Adam Sandler's 100% Fresh is also brilliant, despite a lot of doubters on this forum (myself included).

As I recall, that was rightfully praised by many on here.

magval

I phrased that badly - I mean a lot of us doubted it would be any good, and were happily proven wrong.

Ray Travez

i enjoyed Simon Amstel's set free, probably more than when I saw it live, when it was called what is this?

Twit 2

peanutbutter

Checked out that Sandler show, he's charming as fuck isn't he? Bit of a shame Rob Schneider appeared in the middle, and the emotional Chris Farley bit means nothing to me too so I was just a bit stony faced there.

How was the latest Chris Rock one? I see surprisingly negative averages for it around the place, figured he'd coast to okay scores giving his onstage charisma

jsgibble

Small Man Big Horse

Maria Bamford - Old Baby
Katherine Ryan - In Trouble, Glitter Room

chveik

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: peanutbutter on January 12, 2020, 09:32:06 PM
How was the latest Chris Rock one? I see surprisingly negative averages for it around the place, figured he'd coast to okay scores giving his onstage charisma

It's good, I think it got some negative reception from "fans" expecting Bring The Pain, but it's a lot more mature.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: chveik on January 12, 2020, 11:42:23 PM
and all her other specials really

Oh absolutely, she's my favourite stand up and I just didn't realise Netflix had other specials from her until just now.

Enrico Palazzo

Tom Segura's Completely Normal and Mostley Stories made me laugh quite a lot.