Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:32:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Countryfile

Started by sandpainter 1471z, January 05, 2020, 07:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Though I don't myself have a telly, I am often in a room where Countryfile is on. I manage to blank the visual and verbal content out pretty much, except any guest who works with wood and Cravens's bits. It seems miraculous that he's had and maintained a career in television, being as well-suited to it as I would be, always seeming just about able to stop himself screaming with self-consciousness.

It's the music I like though, being a chemically unaltered middle-aged man. Not all of it, but uncluttered acoustic guitar instrumentals are bleedin' lovely. I had emailed the BBC about putting out a CD once a few years back, but they were having none of it. I'm sure they've occasionally used a snippet of Nick Drake but most of it I don't recognise except to note it seems vaguely ECM-/ Windham Hill-flavoured.

A massive stab in the dark but if anyone here has the same perversion - I'm still talking about Countryfile - and has noted any musicians they recognise from the soundtrack, the info would be appreciated.

BlodwynPig

It'll be out of date Grime music this time next year in Boris' Bubbling Britain.

Pseudopath

Quote from: sandpainter 1471z on January 05, 2020, 07:00:09 PM
It's the music I like though, being a chemically unaltered middle-aged man. Not all of it, but uncluttered acoustic guitar instrumentals are bleedin' lovely. I had emailed the BBC about putting out a CD once a few years back, but they were having none of it. I'm sure they've occasionally used a snippet of Nick Drake but most of it I don't recognise except to note it seems vaguely ECM-/ Windham Hill-flavoured.

They did release a Countryfile album in 2018: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Countryfile-Album-Music-Various-artists/dp/B07FJWTHSM. However, most of the tracks on that seem a bit too well-known to meet your criteria (although there are a fair few plicky-plucky numbers which might scratch that particular itch). Pretty cheap for 79 tracks though.

idunnosomename

Weather for the week is boomers' holy communion

hermitical

My work was on Countryfile a couple of years ago, the delightful Ellie Harrison came to stroll through the herb field.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Pseudopath on January 05, 2020, 10:55:20 PM
They did release a Countryfile album in 2018: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Countryfile-Album-Music-Various-artists/dp/B07FJWTHSM. However, most of the tracks on that seem a bit too well-known to meet your criteria (although there are a fair few plicky-plucky numbers which might scratch that particular itch). Pretty cheap for 79 tracks though.

fucking Albatross. That acapella version was playing in M&S all Christmas...talk about beige, this was positively ecru.

I didn't look back at this thread as I'm not really a telly person and forgot I'd posted. Thanks for the CD news, I will get it.

I won't hear a word said against ecru though, that was bang out of order.

Quote from: hermitical on January 05, 2020, 11:17:07 PM
My work was on Countryfile a couple of years ago, the delightful Ellie Harrison came to stroll through the herb field.

Rightly or wrongly if the track is anywhere online I'd like to hear it if I can. Ta.