Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:57:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mr Bean: Youtuber

Started by marquis_de_sad, January 05, 2020, 09:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marquis_de_sad

Alongside reposting clips from the old 90s sitcom, movies, and animated series, Mr Bean is currently churning out fresh new content for youtube. Just last week, he uploaded this song. Please click and watch it.

BlodwynPig

marquis_de_sad

Disclosure: I was alerted to the Bean situation by this video.

idunnosomename

Those are not Rowan Atkinson's hands

This isnt far off one of those weird ELSA INJECTS SPIDERMAN WITH POO AND GETS PREGNANT child abuse content farms

TheMonk

This one invades my dreams.
https://youtu.be/nOBUXCb3M8c

Fronty Prongs

Was taken off guard by him moaning "...MOOORE!!!!" when someone else's hands were adding the flour or something.

That makes more sense actually, Bean standing off-camera with a knife while his prisoner, dressed in one of his outfits, is forced to bake for his amusement.

idunnosomename

Quote from: TheMonk on January 06, 2020, 10:29:53 AM
these are fucking bonkers. And they are so long theyre clearly made for babies

Tiger Aspect forcing an elderly Atkinson to gurn a bit in front of a blue screen (probs not green because of his tweed) for some ad revenue is seeming darkly comic now

Shaky

Genuinely baffling. Atkinson shouldn't need the dosh so what the fuck is it all about? Ex-wife to pay off?

imitationleather

That video by the YouTuber about this channel was pretty decent.

Sounds like Tiger Aspect made him come in one day and shoot dozens and dozens of clips of him gurning in front of a green screen that are now being endlessly recycled.

With over 17 million subscribers it must be absolutely shitting money. Madness.

idunnosomename

It's also relying on "oh my god cant stop watching so bad its good stuff" which dissuades me from looking deeper

Imagine it being your job to make endless content out of a small bin of Rowan Atkinson chroma key and a few of his cartoons though

idunnosomename

Oh i watched the youtuber and the guy who hands Rowan the platinum youtube award in the pinned vid on Mr Bean channel confirms in the comments it pretty much is run by Tiger Aspect

I wonder how much of a stake they have in the character and if Rowan was forced into doing it or if it was his idea to do some shit in the studio for a day they could farm (the costume and makeup is not something you could do "in an hour") Although considering shit like Back and Forth and Johnny English I think he overestimates Rowan's "integrity"

H-O-W-L

People think Mr. Bean and/or Atkinson have "integrity" after the fucking Mr. Bean animated series? Are you fucking joking?

H-O-W-L

For what it's worth I loved the original Bean series, and I appreciate both movies (Holiday more than the nineties one) but the animated series was far too much pudding for me.

I think my favourite Bean work though is the original 1993 Diary. Such a clever little book.

idunnosomename

Even doing the silly BEAN movie was a big sellout. There are some funny bits but it's terribly dragged down by the Hollywood smaltzy family.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 06, 2020, 03:10:02 PM
Even doing the silly BEAN movie was a big sellout. There are some funny bits but it's terribly dragged down by the Hollywood smaltzy family.

Him attempting to 'fix' the painting is about the peak of the movie and pretty much everything around and after it is a complete canyon.

Nowhere Man

I found out about this from Gus Johnson on one of his videos.

It does seem a lot like Rowan just comes in does a few lines and doesn't really have any input into any of the awful green screen shite afterwards. I imagine they just threw a lot of money at him to come in for 20 minutes and toss off a few "Bean-esque" sounds and sentences before he speeds away in one of his Porsche's. (Hopefully without crashing again)

I imagine the whole process is similar to this bit from The Simpsons:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7-zGQ6t9ks

imitationleather

The video by Gus Johnson's mate about modern kids' TV was really interesting too.

Some of the stuff that passes for entertainment and seems to justify its existence only by being free to watch (because it's definitely not entertaining, well-made or educational) is mind-boggling. All I can say is thank goodness my girlfriend says she's never letting me have kids as I wouldn't want them watching that shit.

Captain Z

So wait, is Mr Bean The Animated Series canon?

idunnosomename

I don't think canon really matters in the Beaniverse, considering his mini has been crushed by a tank and half the things in the first movie already happened to him before and yet didn't matter in the slightest.

But both Bean and his girlfriend are voiced by Rowan and Matilda Ziegler from the original episodes. And Teddy.

Nowhere Man

That animated cartoon in hindsight was absolutely awful. Mostly because it was ugly and cheap looking as fuck, like the 'Big Mouth' of it's day. Worse because in the early 00's you couldn't escape it, I shudder to think of how many people it instantly turned off Mr. Bean who haven't seen the original episodes.

idunnosomename

also still sure they shot him against a blue background because there's a lot of green hues in his jacket. and you see it reflecting back on his shoulders here

Captain Z

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 06, 2020, 05:18:23 PM
I don't think canon really matters in the Beaniverse, considering his mini has been crushed by a tank and half the things in the first movie already happened to him before and yet didn't matter in the slightest.

But he's an alien so he can just use his special powers.

I always thought the animated series was okay. I was surprised to see it being repeated on current kids' TV considering it was made around 2002, then more surprised to find out it's because they've recently started making new series.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Nowhere Man on January 06, 2020, 05:21:59 PM
Can we talk for a second about how bloody crap that cartoon was? Mostly because it was ugly and cheap looking as fuck, like the 'Big Mouth' of it's day.
no i remember being disappointed on watching it. was expecting it to have adult in-jokes but it was very bland indeed. there were a lot of very good kids cartoons on Cartoon Network then, there was no excuse really. The Bean caricature was somehow both too complicated and also looked nothing like Rowan Atkinson.

It wasn't quite as poor in the production department as a lot of the flash animated French-Canadian shite around then (like Atomic Betty). It used CG for vehicles like Futurama so they could do the Reliant Robin gags but it just made everything horribly stiff, like a modern Simpsons.

SavageHedgehog

I like(d) the Mr Bean cartoon, aesthetically it was a lesser variation of the Powerpuff Girls/Dexter's Laboratory/Fairly Odd Parents-style but still quite appealing, at least to me. But I did always wonder how much of Atkinson's time was spent recording the various grunts and groans.

idunnosomename

Speaking of fairly oddparents i didnt know quite how much of a cunt evangelical corporate shill butch hartman had turned into. Fuckin hell.

SavageHedgehog

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 06, 2020, 05:54:52 PM
Speaking of fairly oddparents i didnt know quite how much of a cunt evangelical corporate shill butch hartman had turned into. Fuckin hell.

I watched his YouTube videos for a while about two years ago, and as someone with aspirations around art/animation found them fairly inspiring, and they provided a welcome and reassuring distraction through a bit of a rough patch. But I did know how religious he was and, as much as I try not to be judgmental, there was always a hint of Carl Lentz-style "hip, friendly Preacher" about him. Then he started his Kickstarter for a "family friendly" network, and blamed the downfall of America on Cable TV (like Nickelodeon?) and the absence of prayers in school. Some of the pile on which followed was a bit unfair IMO, but still, blech.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on January 05, 2020, 09:52:58 PM
Here's another one: Jingle Bean.

Never thought I'd know what it'd sound like if Mr Bean discovered wanking.

Captain Z

Loved Fairly Odd Parents.

The good news is I named my nickel Phillip!

What's the bad news?

IT'S A GIRL NICKEL!

Phil_A

Quote from: TheMonk on January 06, 2020, 10:29:53 AM

God, that's terrifying. Like something a brainwashing cult would employ. And it just goes on and on!

I imagine once Britain adopts China-style re-education camps to quell unpatriotic thought-crimes, this is what we'll be forced to watch over and over again, so we should probably get used to it.