Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:06:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mr Bean: Youtuber

Started by marquis_de_sad, January 05, 2020, 09:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil_A

Quote from: SavageHedgehog on January 06, 2020, 06:11:05 PM
I watched his YouTube videos for a while about two years ago, and as someone with aspirations around art/animation found them fairly inspiring, and they provided a welcome and reassuring distraction through a bit of a rough patch. But I did know how religious he was and, as much as I try not to be judgmental, there was always a hint of Carl Lentz-style "hip, friendly Preacher" about him. Then he started his Kickstarter for a "family friendly" network, and blamed the downfall of America on Cable TV (like Nickelodeon?) and the absence of prayers in school. Some of the pile on which followed was a bit unfair IMO, but still, blech.

I remember hearing some nutty shit around him trying to launch that platform exclusively for his own content, neglecting to mention to the backers that it was also going to a vehicle for promoting evangelical Christianity. What a weirdo.

SavageHedgehog

Hard to be completely sure because the channel hasn't launched (if it ever will), but I think it's actually kind of the opposite where he launched a campaign to start a new family friendly network, but went unpublicised to Evangelical channels and churches to raise funds for it, pandering to that audience but not actually offering any actually religious content. Obviously when people found out they weren't impressed, and made the natural assumptions, but I get the impression he's a bit too savvy/commercially conscious to go full Bible-Basher.

idunnosomename

The clip in that other video about shit kids stuff on Hulu of Hartman's watered-down T.U.F.F. Puppy crappy characters going CARL JR DOES THE BEST BURGERS EVER!!!! was pretty fucking alarming.

First couple Fairly Oddparents were really really funny then it went to shit.

imitationleather

The saddest part is that I

will inevitably say "Cup of tea" like Mr Bean from now on whenever I have a cup of tea for the rest of my life.

idunnosomename

I regret to inform you i am also hypnotised by that cup of tea shit

non capisco

The cup of tea one felt longer than The Irishman.

H-O-W-L

This is like horrifying AI-generated shite. Fucking hell. Man feed machine, machine feed man.

idunnosomename

It isnt though. Some person spent days making chroma key footage of Rowan Atkinson in a tweed jacket bending his knees spin round over a stock image of a teacup.

Back to his garret where he shoots up again to feel alive

H-O-W-L

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 06, 2020, 08:45:39 PM
It isnt though. Some person spent days making chroma key footage of Rowan Atkinson in a tweed jacket bending his knees spin round over a stock image of a teacup.

Back to his garret where he shoots up again to feel alive

I said it's like.

H-O-W-L

Like, you couldn't like, tell I like, meant like, like?? are you like, totally, like, stupid???

chveik

all the best in your new artistic venture, mr. bean

idunnosomename

Quote from: chveik on January 06, 2020, 08:54:39 PM
all the best in your new artistic venture, mr. bean
my favourite episode

JamesTC

idunnosomename

Had the pleasure of meeting Rowan Atkinson's integrity at a charity do once. Was surprisingly down to Earth, and VERY funny.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Captain Z on January 06, 2020, 05:11:22 PM
So wait, is Mr Bean The Animated Series canon?

It's considered to be expanded universe material and as such, not a part of the MBCU (Mr Bean Cinematic Universe).

Quote from: Nowhere Man on January 06, 2020, 05:21:59 PM
That animated cartoon in hindsight was absolutely awful.

Only in hindsight?

H-O-W-L

This has made me order a second-hand copy of Mr. Bean's diary so I can remind myself what I saw in the character.

Jerzy Bondov

The other night we were out for a curry and my friend accused me of lifting my entire sense of humour from Mr. Bean's Diary. I thought about it and he's right. I still think it's funny to start letters with 'How are you? I am fine.'

There's a good bit where it's inexplicably blank for a few weeks and then you get an entry 'FOUND DIARY'

idunnosomename

wonder what this means for Tiger Aspect's money making schemes

QuoteStarting today, we will no longer serve personalized ads or support features such as comments, Stories, live chat, notification bell, and others on videos designated made for kids.

cup of tea?

Replies From View

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 05, 2020, 10:52:50 PM
ELSA INJECTS SPIDERMAN WITH POO AND GETS PREGNANT

The brainstorming process for Frozen 3 has kicked up some interesting ideas.

idunnosomename

I do feel if Mr Bean was given resouces by a production company to make YouTube videos, they probably would be this kind of mental tedious nonsense

TheMonk

Yes, every time anyone asks me if I want a cup of tea now that wretched song spreads through my brain like dry ice. This will never ever end.
Also I notice all of these awful songs are available in audio format on Apple Music, Amazon and Spotify.
"CUP OF TEEEEA?"

Cardenio I

KateArtz シシ
1 week ago
Hey Mr. bean! I just wanna thank you for being there for our childhood.. Ur my fav cartoon when i was 5-6 years old. My life was all a LIE!

My auntie told me, u committed suicide because ur teddy were missing.
And when i decided to watch you again(2019 now I'm 12!) I saw alot of news of you! I was speechless. I'm still so happy ur alive! We love you! 💕

idunnosomename

Relieved he only has 3k monthly listeners on Spotify. Worried it was going be like 800m

non capisco

Quote from: TheMonk on January 07, 2020, 01:27:10 PM
Yes, every time anyone asks me if I want a cup of tea now that wretched song spreads through my brain like dry ice.

Yeah, Mr. Bean, why not ruin some other things I enjoy with a three and a half minute song that feels like it goes on for eight days and sounds like a diseased brain's squirming death throes?

"SHALL I HAVE A WAAAAAAAAAANK, TEDDY?"

idunnosomename

How about "pizza, please"?

https://youtu.be/Ii-69wzKk_k

I know ON DRUGS is such hack shite but gosh darn it if watching all of this doesnt feel like the sickening horror of an intense acid trip. I got bit scared at one point it would never end

P P P P PIZZA BEAN

chveik

fucking hell. this is new Frankie Teardrop

alan nagsworth

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 07, 2020, 02:17:06 PM

I know ON DRUGS is such hack shite but gosh darn it if watching all of this doesnt feel like the sickening horror of an intense acid trip. I got bit scared at one point it would never end

P P P P PIZZA BEAN

oh my days i hope that's an intentional parody of the "seven nation army" video

this stuff is fucking amazing man

idunnosomename

Well I'm assuming they use default music video effects templates in Adobe Premier or something, and that one was lifted off the Seven Nation Army triangle kaleidoscope which i think was a mostly original idea at the time

Same with the backing track, which sounds a bit like the Phantasm theme with a fucking theremin

non capisco

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 07, 2020, 02:17:06 PM

I feel like I'm going to get an overwhleming sensory flashback to that in five years time in a work meeting or something.

Reason for dismissal: Took all his clothes off and kept saying "PIZZA BEAN"