Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,471
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:14:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

12 of the UK's most famous and influential games... ON STAMPS

Started by Beagle 2, January 07, 2020, 10:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

H-O-W-L

Replies From View

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 07, 2020, 12:20:00 PM
I get Elite but Dizzy seems a bit of a random choice. You'd think there'd be an Ultimate game instead.

Something something 'the Stampers', you do the rest.

Should have been Fantasy World Dizzy, in my view.

Replies From View

Quote from: Mister Six on January 07, 2020, 02:07:56 PM
I was delighted to see Dizzy there. It's not that surprising is it? It was a massively popular series that spawned about 20 games...

Sonic the Hedgehog tumbles around collecting shit so as far as I'm concerned the Oliver Twins rescued Sega from Alex Kidd purgatory.

Replies From View

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on January 07, 2020, 03:16:01 PM
Lara Croft is basically a burglar who shoots endangered wildlife.

In lots of ways she is the female role model version of AA Gill that young girls have always needed.

New folder

Not a single Rare game? Useless.

Wonder if they couldn't get past Microsoft's/Nintendo's draconian copyright bollocks

"We forbid you from putting this picture of a monkey on an envelope"

madhair60

Dewt

Jerzy Bondov

Going down to Game with the complete set of these to ask the nerds if they want a stamp and then STOMPING FUCK OUT THEIR FEET

Jim Bob

They should do a series of stamps based around the world's most infamous games, kicking off with Custer's Revenge.

NoSleep

Kryton

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 10, 2020, 04:37:34 PM
They should do a series of stamps based around the world's most infamous games, kicking off with Custer's Revenge.

Then either great Gianna Sisters or Night trap?

Dewt

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Dewt on January 10, 2020, 09:07:19 PM
Super Mario's Big Fucking Rape
Pa(ki)Man - you're one of the ghosts, but actually a KKK member, the PacMan is wearing a turban and the pills are...I don't know, illegally claimed benefits?

As no-one seems to have had a crack, here's the twelve stamps wot I wud have dun:

Manic Miner/JSW
Lemmings
Micro Machines
Total War (Medieval my pref - but let's face it, it would be Rome)
GTA
Tomb Raider
Elite
Donkey Kong Country
Goldeneye
Champ Man/Football Manager
Arkham Asylum
Wipeout

I played the Dizzy games non-stop as a kid, but you could hardly argue they've been influential - or famous outside of Britain.  They're also utter gash to play today, too.

I know there'll be pissed off Amiga lovers not content with Sensi & Cannon Fodder being missing from the list.  But they're as wrong as they've always been.

Edit: Populous should be in there, really.  But fuck it, it isn't.

Quote from: Kryton on January 10, 2020, 08:58:17 PM
Then either great Gianna Sisters or Night trap?

Controversial video games peaked too soon with Custer's Revenge.  How do you top ethnic war rape?

Cerys

FGM 2, obviously.  The rock-sharpening mini-game was inspired.